Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-03-2023, 03:35 PM   #16
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Excellent point. Clinton was the first Prez who made the decision to let the border flow unabated

Reagan got bamboozled on immigration and it setup Clinton

I cast a somewhat dissenting opinion. If you trust Wikipedia and they do post a lot of misinformation and they are definitely left leaning, on the Immigration Act of 1965 it is not followed these days, it looked like it had decent intentions. I probably know a little more than most about immigration policies, but it is dated, definitely what I found 30 years ago helping two guys not get deported when their lawyer screwed up shows the Immigration Act of 1965 was for the most part ignored. There were definitely quotas in place and next to zero preference given to need in this country to find highly skilled and educated people.

As for the latter, being highly educated in a foreign country probably even means something to this day. Being highly educated in this country isn't worth a warm bucket of chewing tobacco spit. Want proof, look at the educational background of the Biden Administration appointees. My favorite is Mayor Pete being a Rhode Scholar, he could not even run a lemonade stand.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2023, 04:32 PM   #17
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Excellent point. Clinton was the first Prez who made the decision to let the border flow unabated

Reagan got bamboozled on immigration and it setup Clinton
Maybe so, but Reagan would have won without Bush on the ticket. Reagan did not even like him, Clinton would never have happened if Bush read his own lips.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2023, 05:54 PM   #18
Marshall Bennett

Ross Perot had a little to do with it.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2023, 11:58 AM   #19
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Ross Perot had a little to do with it.

Hopefully RFK Jr. will do the same to the Democratic candidate, I think Biden gets replaced. Most Democrats seem blinded by TDS and don't see Biden's advancing dementia, but I am sure the independents are not blind. I would be shocked if Newsom doesn't get the Democrat nomination. Newsom isn't happy destroying California he wants to destroy the whole USA.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2023, 05:53 PM   #20
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryG View Post
Look at our schools. Math is a racist subject and everybody graduates with a participation trophy. Asian college students face discrimination because their qualifications are too high. And it isn't just us. Canada, Britain and all of western Europe have become pussified. An English woman was arrested for praying silently in front of an abortion clinic.
You are right. The schools in Appalachia are crap. On the other hand the schools where I live are excellent. There are no participation trophies.

Asian college face discrimination because you are a bigot.

That English woman was not arrested for praying. She was not arrested for protesting by an abortion clinic. She was arrested for violating a Covid lockdown order.

Deo Vindice. The motto of the Confederate States of America.
In case you forgot, you guys lost. Apparently God didn’t defend/protect you after all.

Last edited by mostpost; 11-05-2023 at 05:56 PM.
mostpost is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2023, 06:17 PM   #21
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
You are right. The schools in Appalachia are crap. On the other hand the schools where I live are excellent. There are no participation trophies.

Asian college face discrimination because you are a bigot.

That English woman was not arrested for praying. She was not arrested for protesting by an abortion clinic. She was arrested for violating a Covid lockdown order.

Deo Vindice. The motto of the Confederate States of America.
In case you forgot, you guys lost. Apparently God didn’t defend/protect you after all.
Exactly, the graduation rate and proficiency are SO much better in the Chicago area than say Baltimore or Washington DC areas ....

I hope they can keep it up when in a couple years over 10% of the students are non-English speaking.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply