Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-02-2021, 04:31 PM   #61
AndyC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
As I posted before, Woods is no saint in my opinion. But fans -- and especially fanboyz -- tend to overlook character flaws. Personally I don't care if you kiss his ass like he's some sort of demigod. And btw -- I haven't seen anyone refute the 5 things that myohmy listed. Believe what you want; it's a free country. For the moment, anyway.



I understand now, the level of sympathy that can be displayed is dependent on a persons underlying character flaws. If a person doesn't pass the character flaw test and you still show concern or sympathy for them you will be deemed a fanboy. It's nice to have guidelines going forward.
__________________
Life is short. Make sure you spend as much time as possible on the internet arguing with strangers about politics.
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2021, 05:38 PM   #62
headhawg
crusty old guy
 
headhawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Snarkytown USA
Posts: 3,406
Go back and read my posts. I said nothing about sympathy, or lack thereof. But much like others here you see want you want to see. Besides, people in the public eye are held to a different standard than regular people. If you say it's not fair, then so is the amount of money they get for being famous. First responders put their lives on the line every day and make a mere pittance compared to some dude who can hit a little white ball straight.

And you would do well to follow my guidelines instead of whatever misguided path you're on.
__________________
"Don't believe everything that you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2021, 06:45 PM   #63
AndyC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
Go back and read my posts. I said nothing about sympathy, or lack thereof. But much like others here you see want you want to see. Besides, people in the public eye are held to a different standard than regular people. If you say it's not fair, then so is the amount of money they get for being famous. First responders put their lives on the line every day and make a mere pittance compared to some dude who can hit a little white ball straight.

And you would do well to follow my guidelines instead of whatever misguided path you're on.

Of course you didn't mention sympathy or concern. You have none.



Who's talking about people being held to standards? I and most people have sympathy and concern for fellow humans going through traumatic events in their lives.
__________________
Life is short. Make sure you spend as much time as possible on the internet arguing with strangers about politics.
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2021, 06:59 PM   #64
headhawg
crusty old guy
 
headhawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Snarkytown USA
Posts: 3,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Of course you didn't mention sympathy or concern. You have none.



Who's talking about people being held to standards? I and most people have sympathy and concern for fellow humans going through traumatic events in their lives.
You're a piece of work, you know that? You don't know me so quit judging. And no sense discussing anything with you because you either can't read well or can't comprehend English. Have a nice life.
__________________
"Don't believe everything that you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2021, 07:17 PM   #65
thaskalos
Loitering with intent
 
thaskalos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 25,763
Speaking for myself...I have no sympathy for any multi-millionaire who is living through the concequences of his own decisions. My sympathy is reserved for the poor people, who can't afford to rectify all the bad choices that they might have made in life. I figure that Tiger can manage just fine without any sympathy from me.
__________________
"To those human beings who are of any concern to me I wish suffering, desolation, sickness, ill-treatment, indignities--I wish that they not remain unfamiliar with profound self-contempt, the torture of self-mistrust, the wretchedness of the vanquished. I have no pity for them, because I wish them the only thing that can prove today whether one is worth anything or not--that one endures."
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edited by thaskalos; 03-02-2021 at 07:28 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2021, 07:37 PM   #66
AndyC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Speaking for myself...I have no sympathy for any multi-millionaire who is living through the concequences of his own decisions. My sympathy is reserved for the poor peaple, who can't afford to rectify all the bad decisions that they might have made in life. I figure that Tiger can manage just fine without any sympathy from me.

I understand your perspective. I personally don't have the ability to turn my emotions on or off based on a person's financial standing.
__________________
Life is short. Make sure you spend as much time as possible on the internet arguing with strangers about politics.
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2021, 07:43 PM   #67
thaskalos
Loitering with intent
 
thaskalos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 25,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
I understand your perspective. I personally don't have the ability to turn my emotions on or off based on a person's financial standing.
Yes...I've been fortunate in that regard. I've always been able to ignore the self-induced plight of the rich, without experiencing any emotional turmoil of my own.
__________________
"To those human beings who are of any concern to me I wish suffering, desolation, sickness, ill-treatment, indignities--I wish that they not remain unfamiliar with profound self-contempt, the torture of self-mistrust, the wretchedness of the vanquished. I have no pity for them, because I wish them the only thing that can prove today whether one is worth anything or not--that one endures."
-- Friedrich Nietzsche
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2021, 06:13 AM   #68
Marshall Bennett
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston , Tx.
Posts: 8,442
Yeah...sorta hard to experience emotional turmoil when life's so sad and miserable.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2021, 02:57 PM   #69
MutuelClerk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,446
If Tiger was a lefty and I donít mean southpaw you would have already had him convicted. But he isnít. Iím surprised Antifa hasnít been blamed yet. Thereís still time though. FORE
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2021, 10:20 PM   #70
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 70,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk View Post
If Tiger was a lefty and I don’t mean southpaw you would have already had him convicted. But he isn’t. I’m surprised Antifa hasn’t been blamed yet. There’s still time though. FORE
Wait...what?

Shouldn't they want him convicted because he's black? After all, they're all racists, right?

Ooops...there goes your Neanderthal liberal logic again...out the window.

Thank me very much.
__________________
@paceadvantage | Support the site and become a today!
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2021, 09:30 AM   #71
davew
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 15,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Wait...what?

Shouldn't they want him convicted because he's black? After all, they're all racists, right?

Ooops...there goes your Neanderthal liberal logic again...out the window.

Thank me very much.
Neanderthal liberal logic ?



liberal is all about the science of feelings
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2021, 05:34 PM   #72
MutuelClerk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Wait...what?

Shouldn't they want him convicted because he's black? After all, they're all racists, right?

Ooops...there goes your Neanderthal liberal logic again...out the window.

Thank me very much.
Hey Genius ( sarcasm) unlike most here. i think for myself. I am liberal on some issues. Others I'm not. I don't walk the left or right line when both parties suck. Idiocracy. I see it everyday. It's sad. Left and right. Which you have fallen into. I know your opinion when your idol Cucker Tarlson gives it to you. Was it fair for me to think I know the opinions of others here and some racists exist here? Probably not. I've read peoples posts, ideas and no one here changes. I've been a member here many years but rarely post anymore. You were pissed at a post I made that was sexual in nature and I thought funny. You didn't. Fine it's your website. If anyone was offended I truly apologize. Ever since that post I have to sign in now instead of just log on. That kind of upset me and is why i rarely post anymore. I usually check in when something big happens and people still post the same thing. There are a few posters I genuinely like though. Sadly though most people stay in their lanes. If they played poker like they post, i'd be rich. Easy to read. They never think out their boxes.

It seems you only want like thinking people here. So how about this. If you want me here let me post without signing in. If you want me barred. Bar me. I sleep great either way. I hope you and Tucker live long and prosper. Have a great day. MC

Last edited by MutuelClerk; 03-05-2021 at 05:35 PM.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2021, 07:20 PM   #73
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 70,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk View Post
Hey Genius ( sarcasm) unlike most here. i think for myself. I am liberal on some issues. Others I'm not. I don't walk the left or right line when both parties suck. Idiocracy. I see it everyday. It's sad. Left and right. Which you have fallen into. I know your opinion when your idol Cucker Tarlson gives it to you. Was it fair for me to think I know the opinions of others here and some racists exist here? Probably not. I've read peoples posts, ideas and no one here changes. I've been a member here many years but rarely post anymore. You were pissed at a post I made that was sexual in nature and I thought funny. You didn't. Fine it's your website. If anyone was offended I truly apologize. Ever since that post I have to sign in now instead of just log on. That kind of upset me and is why i rarely post anymore. I usually check in when something big happens and people still post the same thing. There are a few posters I genuinely like though. Sadly though most people stay in their lanes. If they played poker like they post, i'd be rich. Easy to read. They never think out their boxes.

It seems you only want like thinking people here. So how about this. If you want me here let me post without signing in. If you want me barred. Bar me. I sleep great either way. I hope you and Tucker live long and prosper. Have a great day. MC
Honestly, I have no idea what you're talking about the signing in thing.

If you don't want to have to sign in, make sure you check the "remember me" box.

That's the only function on here that controls whether you have to sign in every time or not.

PM me whatever "symptoms" you think might be contributing to your problem and I'd be happy to troubleshoot.

Other than that, I can honestly tell you the God's honest truth that I know of no way to "make people sign in every time."

Why would that even exist?
__________________
@paceadvantage | Support the site and become a today!

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 03-05-2021 at 07:43 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2021, 07:21 PM   #74
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 70,236
Oh, also if you're using an "Incognito" tab of a browser, you would also have to sign in every time, because Incognito pages don't use cookies.

Also, if you're somehow blocking cookies on this site, this would also force you to sign in every time.
__________________
@paceadvantage | Support the site and become a today!
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2021, 07:38 PM   #75
xtb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Western NY
Posts: 1,965
What's the difference between logging in and signing in? I have to login to post, always have.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
preferred pick 5 type
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2021 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.