Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-15-2023, 03:12 PM   #31
kyle r

According to the theory, they are essentially zombie strands of RNA. Yes, we are told they have none of the systems we associate with living organisms. Instead they are said to circulate from host to host, reproducing and destroying host cells and unique strands of said RNA are claimed to cause single, unique “diseases.
kyle r is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2023, 03:18 PM   #32
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle r View Post
By the way, I stipulate that bacteria exist, but viruses have not been shown to exist and neither has been proven to be pathogenic.
Apples oranges as Rickettsia and prions cause disease as well as MEDICAL science has shown since the 1800's.

Systemic Fungal infections occur around the equator. They cause disease as well. North American blastomycosis, San Juaquin valley fever (coccidomycosis)...killed Bing Crosby as a matter of fact after contracting it in Africa

However anyone defines them they are all medically dangerous via INFECTION
Old 06-15-2023, 03:21 PM   #33
kyle r

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Apples oranges as Rickettsia and prions cause disease as well as MEDICAL science has shown since the 1800's.

Systemic Fungal infections occur around the equator. They cause disease as well. North American blastomycosis, San Juaquin valley fever (coccidomycosis)...killed Bing Crosby as a matter of fact after contracting it in Africa

However anyone defines them they are all medically dangerous via INFECTION
You make a lit of assertions. Describe for me the common lab proceduce that is said to identify a virus and its pathogenic process?
Old 06-15-2023, 03:22 PM   #34
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Physics is a weak area for me. I will make two comments and feel free to respond, but what I’d really like to engage you on is your belief in germ theory? You do tecognize it’s a THEORY, no, and not Germ FACT?
The word "THEORY", as you are using it here, is synonymous to "hypothesis." When scientists use the word "theory" they do not mean a hypothesis. A "scientific theory" is an explanation of an aspect of the natural world and universe that has been repeatedly tested and corroborated in accordance with the scientific method, using accepted protocols of observation, measurement, and evaluation of results.

Quote:
... are you aware the official measurement of the speed of light does change and quite often?
This simply is not true. The velocity of light is 299,792,458 metres per second by definition.

Quote:
And on gravity - the THEORY of Gravity - you do know that theory has changed over the years, most obviously going from a force based on attraction and mass to the idea that mass alters the contour of space.
That's Einstein's theory of General Relativity which was proven by astronomical observration 100 years ago. You seem to be unaware of the "correspondence principle" which says that when an existing theory is supplanted by a new theory you must be able to derive the old theory from the new theory, otherwise the new theory is wrong. Newton's laws can be derived from Einstein's theory of general relativity.

Quote:
Also, you do realize in order to keep the current THEORY coherent, the existence of unobservable dark matter, dwarfing the mass of known matter, has to be postulated?
Right. Unlike religion, which claims to know everything, science does not know everything. But we're working on it.

The atomic theory of matter was proposed by the Greeks over two thousand years ago, and may have been proposed by the Egyptians or the Babelonians earlier than that. I was proven by Rutherford in the 19th century.

Last edited by Actor; 06-15-2023 at 03:26 PM.
Actor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2023, 03:23 PM   #35
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote: By the way, I stipulate that bacteria exist, but viruses have not been shown to exist and neither has been proven to be pathogenic.

Why do you think there was a large infection of POLIOMYELITIS before a functional vaccine was produce? There are THREE Genotypes of that virus.

Smallpox was an infectious disease caused by variola virus (often called smallpox virus) which belongs to the genus Orthopoxvirus. The last naturally occurring case was diagnosed in October 1977, and the World Health Organization (WHO) certified the global eradication of the disease in 1980, making smallpox the only human disease to be eradicated.

Why are these two DISEASES gone and almost gone in the case of POLIOMYELITIS??? effective vaccination programs
Old 06-15-2023, 03:27 PM   #36
kyle r

I asked you a question above. Answer it and we can proceed.
Old 06-15-2023, 03:28 PM   #37
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
I asked you a question above. Answer it and we can proceed.
I don't respond to idiots
Old 06-15-2023, 03:32 PM   #38
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I am not championing opinion...I said in my initial post here that opinion is unreliable and unverified...and that I wouldn't even pass my opinions on to my own son. How is that "championing opinion"?

Religion, politics, philosophy, psychology, morality, immorality...it's all opinion, and therefore all speculative. That's why we argue continually about them. "Absolute Truth" may very well exist...but it's very well hidden.
And that's your opinion! And the reason we "argue continually about them" is expressed in this truth:

Rom 1:18, 21-23
18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness,...21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.
NIV

In short, mankind does not want to know the truth about itself. Thus, we are left with numerous opinions, all of which conflict with each other in some way.
Old 06-15-2023, 03:32 PM   #39
kyle r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
The word "THEORY", as you are using it here, is synonymous to "hypothesis." When scientists use the word "theory" they do not mean a hypothesis. A "scientific theory" is an explanation of an aspect of the natural world and universe that has been repeatedly tested and corroborated in accordance with the scientific method, using accepted protocols of observation, measurement, and evaluation of results.

This simply is not true. The velocity of light is 299,792,458 metres per second by definition.

That's Einstein's theory of General Relativity which was proven by astronomical observration 100 years ago. You seem to be unaware of the "correspondence principle" which says that when an existing theory is supplanted by a new theory you must be able to derive the old theory from the new theory, otherwise the new theory is wrong. Newton's laws can be derived from Einstein's theory of general relativity.

Right. Unlike religion, which claims to know everything, science does not know everything. But we're working on it.

The atomic theory of matter was proposed by the Greeks over two thousand years ago, and may have been proposed by the Egyptians or the Babelonians earlier than that. I was proven by Rutherford in the 19th century.
I’m not confusing or conflating theory and hypothesis, but I’m not gonna say anymore on that, other than to point out your admission regarding the changing, incomplete nature of The Theory of Gravity. As to SOL, I see that’s an important point for you. You’ve given me the working definition. I’m talking about measurement. If it’s true, that it is measured at different speeds at different times, would you have to reco sider your assertion?
Old 06-15-2023, 03:35 PM   #40
kyle r

Quote:
I don't respond to idiots
😳😭😭😭
Old 06-15-2023, 03:41 PM   #41
kyle r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post

And as you surely read, it was your assertion about germ theory’s truth I was interested in. Can you start by answering the question I posed to the other guy about the lab experiment that purports to show the existence of viruses?
Old 06-15-2023, 03:44 PM   #42
46zilzal
velocitician

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falsifiability
Old 06-15-2023, 03:48 PM   #43
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
And as you surely read, it was your assertion about germ theory’s truth I was interested in. Can you start by answering the question I posed to the other guy about the lab experiment that purports to show the existence of viruses?
Educate yourself to the realities of science.
Old 06-15-2023, 05:26 PM   #44
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Educate yourself to the realities of science.

Tim, if you wish to help "educate' those who have a differing opinion than yours, my suggestion is you should not offer Wikipedia as the teaching text subject.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2023, 05:32 PM   #45
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
By the way, I stipulate that bacteria exist, but viruses have not been shown to exist and neither has been proven to be pathogenic.
Says who?
We know there are viruses and that they can bbe deadly.

Where do you get this nonsense?

Last edited by Tom; 06-15-2023 at 05:34 PM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply