Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:13 PM   #631
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Ramon Dominguez and to a certain extent, Jerry Bailey.

The current crop are ALL flawed and are ALL terribly inconsistent.

I wish there was one I could hang my hat on, I really do
IMO, there are two jocks, when healthy, who are both consistent and give honest courageous rides, frequently offering surprising value:

Rajiv Maragh

Junior Alvarado
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2015, 01:45 PM   #632
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Of course I bet the fouled horse that finished third today so a DQ won't help...geez.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2015, 02:05 PM   #633
Aerocraft67
Enthusiast

Is this where I complain about my + exacta box in SAR 2 today, where the legit DQ from 1st to 3rd restored the rightful place spot of the , but put in the winners circle, ruining the true exacta that would have granted me my 16/1 proposition?
Aerocraft67 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2015, 02:10 PM   #634
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerocraft67
Is this where I complain about my + exacta box in SAR 2 today, where the legit DQ from 1st to 3rd restored the rightful place spot of the , but put in the winners circle, ruining the true exacta that would have granted me my 16/1 proposition?
Yes this is where you 'air your gripes'. Sorry about the theft that was perpetrated on you.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-07-2015, 09:00 AM   #635
aaron

Did anyone see the 9th at Finger Lakes yesterday. I thought it should have been a obvious DQ,but the number stayed. I made a small bet in between the Saratoga races and thought I was going to be rewarded. Since,I am a firm believer that you never know with stewards,I am not shocked it stayed. Just interested in whay others thought who saw the replay. Thanks
aaron is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2015, 04:19 PM   #636
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Disgraceful take down at Saratoga in the 6th race.. makes me sick.. would like to like what others like . i will admit i might be biased just slightly here... but it seems they just were itching to change the results in this one... 2 was clear of the 3!.. it didn't cost him shit in placings either
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2015, 04:25 PM   #637
dragon49

Good DQ at Saratoga Race 6

#2 Juba was DQd from 2nd to 3rd from a stewards objection for interfering with Sassicaia in the stretch. The replay purported to show the incident that got the result changed where Juba ran right through Sassicaia, cutting him off, but a few seconds earlier in he stretch, the same thing happened, but Sassicaia recovered and caught up, which prompted the second incident—so in my opinion, either of the cut offs should have been enough to cause the DQ.
dragon49 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2015, 04:35 PM   #638
dragon49

Quote:
Originally Posted by no breathalyzer
Disgraceful take down at Saratoga in the 6th race.. makes me sick.. would like to like what others like . i will admit i might be biased just slightly here... but it seems they just were itching to change the results in this one... 2 was clear of the 3!.. it didn't cost him shit in placings either
Sorry if you lost money in the race. I didn't have any wagers on this one. It did look to me like the 2 clearly cut off the 3. Even if he was clear of the 3 by then, if he ran a straight line, it would have given the 3 a chance to come back, but when he took his lane (2x) it did not.
dragon49 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2015, 05:06 PM   #639
Stillriledup
Veteran

This nyra is a rough place, so many DQs here makes you wonder if its all worth it. I know personally DQs get me older and make my stress levels go up, I've been taken down for massive amounts of money at least twice in career but never been put up for anything close, I'm about a small house in Toledo Ohio behind.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:08 PM   #640
freehouse2002

Just had one at DMR race 2. Had a few bucks on the at 28-1. maldonado comes up the rail without sufficient clearance and they dq the to 2nd. Horrible.
freehouse2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2015, 06:58 PM   #641
Hoofless_Wonder
broken-down horseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
This nyra is a rough place, so many DQs here makes you wonder if its all worth it. I know personally DQs get me older and make my stress levels go up, I've been taken down for massive amounts of money at least twice in career but never been put up for anything close, I'm about a small house in Toledo Ohio behind.
I've never suffered a big loss or hit a big windfall via DQ, but I agree that NYRA is getting to be a bit much. I had to suffer through the inquiry in the 7th today at the Spa, before they left the Recepta stay up - and since the horse was much the best, it would have been a puker to let Junior get away with that acting job.....
Old 08-08-2015, 08:13 PM   #642
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoofless_Wonder
I've never suffered a big loss or hit a big windfall via DQ, but I agree that NYRA is getting to be a bit much. I had to suffer through the inquiry in the 7th today at the Spa, before they left the Recepta stay up - and since the horse was much the best, it would have been a puker to let Junior get away with that acting job.....
He's acting because he knows they take down a ton of horses for the smallest things, why not try and steal one.
Old 08-09-2015, 10:03 AM   #643
gemcity39

brutal DQ

I agree and again NO consistency at all
gemcity39 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2015, 10:19 AM   #644
KingChas
2 outta 3 aint bad

Lot of DQ's at the Spa this year and the Jocks are on to it.

Risky move by JA almost cost Mott a 2nd place finish.

This move by Jr. was the equivillant of a basketball flop in my opinion.

Last edited by KingChas; 08-09-2015 at 10:25 AM.
KingChas is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2015, 10:31 AM   #645
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

I think the Stewards at the SPA have BEEN CONSISTENT and GREAT. Have not disagreed with a single decision.

Time to give credit and not blast them every time. This has been the best meet that I ever remember from a consistency stand point.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply