Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-19-2017, 06:12 PM   #91
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Even though you worship and praise sexual deviates, most people don't.
Hey, you're the one licking windows
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2017, 06:46 PM   #92
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Who gets to set the criteria for judging morality?
I think most emotionally mature and healthy people know these things intuitively and based on how they would feel if someone did x, y, or z to them (even if they choose to act otherwise). However, there are close calls. I think those get sorted out over time as society looks at the results. A consensus eventually forms.
Old 11-19-2017, 06:47 PM   #93
classhandicapper

I'm willing to take 1-9 they are all full of crap.
Old 11-19-2017, 06:57 PM   #94
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
So can't someone who is gay feel that children are best raised by a mom and dad? If single people can intellectually reach that conclusion, despite wanting a child themselves, why can't gays also reach that conclusion? It seems some think that it's more important to move a political agenda instead of caring how it affects children.
Without commenting on what I think because I have't seen the data I think it's definitely possible for someone that is gay to think a child would be better off with opposite sex parents on "average". That's different than saying "all cases". Certainly there are some children getting a better upbringing from gay parents than some that are being raised straight parents.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:36 PM   #95
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Problems continue beyond the teen years.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/07/06/...best-for-kids/
Nice catch. I'd heard kids that were raised by same sex parents had more problems socially than kids raised in traditional settings. NPR was one source I'd heard that from awhile back.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2017, 09:00 PM   #96
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Nice catch. I'd heard kids that were raised by same sex parents had more problems socially than kids raised in traditional settings. NPR was one source I'd heard that from awhile back.
Long before the issue of same-sex parents, there seemed to be general agreement that children raised in a traditional household with a mother and a father were better off than a single parent household. And the reason for that was not two parents, but male and female influence and role models.

It would be interesting to see how many modern kids with gender identification issues are not being raised in a traditional two parent household.
Old 11-20-2017, 01:28 AM   #97
Fager Fan
Veteran

Adoption is the reason I'm against same sex marriage. If legal, then married gay couples have to be considered equal when placing children in adoptive homes. Instead, they should be with singles, co-second in line behind heterosexual couples.

Moms and dads are role models for children, and they learn and feel different things from the two. Boys in particular need a male role model in the home. Mothers tend to give more nurturing, while men tend to give children a sense of protection. The biggest influence in a child's life is the same sex parent of that child.

No one should be bullied for being gay (or fat or wearing glasses or being ugly or all the other reasons a child or adult may be bullied), and no one wants gays to feel despair or suicidal for being gay. So I do think the gay movement has helped there. Sorry, I don't call it LGBT. The latter particularly is another kettle of fish. But the normalization has a detrimental effect when it comes to these couple raising children.

So being against same sex marriage, for this reason or others, doesn't make someone bigoted. It means that the issue has some shades of gray, with varying opinions, and no, we are not forced to accept anything and everything about gay life in some backward thinking that this is required to not be a bigot.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2017, 02:16 AM   #98
mostpost

Here is a link found within your slate.com story which contains 75 studies which prove that children raised by same sex parents are just as well adjusted as children raised by parents of different sexes.
http://whatweknow.law.columbia.edu/t...sbian-parents/

And, of course, this will do nothing to change the opinions of the troglydytes on the other side.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:36 AM   #99
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
You do realize that gays are already "allowed" to adopt, right? There are tens of thousands of adopted children living in same-sex couple households right now.
Learn to read. Where did I say they weren't allowed to? I stated a condition should exist. And this makes me a bigot?
You are your own party's worse enemy. The garbage you belch only makes the rest them look even worse.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2017, 07:34 AM   #100
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Here is a link found within your slate.com story which contains 75 studies which prove that children raised by same sex parents are just as well adjusted as children raised by parents of different sexes.
http://whatweknow.law.columbia.edu/t...sbian-parents/

And, of course, this will do nothing to change the opinions of the troglydytes on the other side.
You just posted an article about studies only as much as 30 years old, with small sample sizes, and that only noted "schooling outcome" as their basis to apparently giving a thumbs up to gay parenting.

This troglodyte can even see those flaws. Parenting by gay parents is a pretty new phenomenon so we'll be seeing better studies over the next decades. Even then, these studies may have inherent difficulties because these children will undoubtedly love their parents and they'll often likely not want to damage the gay marriage cause.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:20 AM   #101
BaffertsWig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
Adoption is the reason I'm against same sex marriage. If legal, then married gay couples have to be considered equal when placing children in adoptive homes. Instead, they should be with singles, co-second in line behind heterosexual couples.

Moms and dads are role models for children, and they learn and feel different things from the two. Boys in particular need a male role model in the home. Mothers tend to give more nurturing, while men tend to give children a sense of protection. The biggest influence in a child's life is the same sex parent of that child.
Is this the thread where we post like it's 1940?
BaffertsWig is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2017, 09:52 AM   #102
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaffertsWig View Post
Haven't you heard about that new up-and-comer Robert Byrd? He's very popular around here
Old 11-20-2017, 10:25 AM   #103
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Very sick......you laugh at the terrorism of a entire race, yet you wet your pants about something Trump said in a car obviously bragging to another guy. And you accuse others here of being racist while you support a Grand Dragon.

My, how white your sheet is.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:37 AM   #104
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaffertsWig View Post
As if nothing was right about the 1940s?

The last I looked, the wisdom of nature hasn't changed since the 1940s. Two of the same sex still can't conceive.

Having a stable and loving home with a mom and dad are just as important now as they were then.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:18 AM   #105
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
My, how white your sheet is.
Don't be jealous, I'm sure a cup of bleach will get those yellow stains out of yours

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: