Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 10-16-2017, 10:37 PM   #16
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffaniO View Post
That's where you're wrong... 2017 was guaranteed. Beyond 2017 wasn't.

Quote:
From the moment Kaepernick and the Niners struck that agreement, the expectation was that Kaepernick would explore his options. Even if he elects to stay, the 49ers still would have the ability to release him with minimal salary cap repercussions.
Very little was guaranteed.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-18-2017, 09:56 PM   #17
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffaniO View Post
That's where you're wrong... 2017 was guaranteed. Beyond 2017 wasn't.
The 49ers GM, John Lynch, confirmed that the team would have cut him had he not opted out. I should have posted my source when I corrected you. Sorry, but nothing was guaranteed for 2017 if you are going to get cut. He would have had to be on the opening week roster to have anything guaranteed for 2017. It just wasn't going to happen for him with how much he would have been owed.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...-his-contract/

Here is another story about it just so you know that I wasn't talking out my ass (not that I don't sometimes do that).

http://www.businessinsider.com/colin...ontract-2017-8

Last edited by kingfin66; 10-18-2017 at 09:57 PM.
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2017, 06:47 AM   #18
Inner Dirt

He supposedly just signed a book deal for over a million dollars. Who the hell would care about his thoughts? His claim to fame is starting the disrespect the flag movement in the NFL. He has claimed here and there to have had a rough life, give me a break.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2017, 09:24 AM   #19
Inner Dirt

Never read GQ, it just named Kaepernick citizen of the year what a freaking joke. GQ must be a real left wing magazine. I thought it was just about clothes and style. It seems liberalism has invaded everything these days and spreading like cancer.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:46 AM   #20
MutuelClerk

Didn't spread in the last national election. But if Rush says so. It's so. Probably okay to kneel to him though.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2017, 11:38 AM   #21
Marshall Bennett

Didn't Bruce "see Jane run" Jenner get ESPN's big award for changing into a woman? Seems that's just as pathetic.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2017, 12:34 PM   #22
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Didn't Bruce "see Jane run" Jenner get ESPN's big award for changing into a woman? Seems that's just as pathetic.
And the two years before that it was a gay dude and a lesbian. At least Robin Roberts fought cancer. Michael Sam came out to get his 15 minutes of fame, and no other reason.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:38 PM   #23
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk View Post
Didn't spread in the last national election. But if Rush says so. It's so. Probably okay to kneel to him though.
I am talking about liberalism infecting things where it doesn't belong and didn't exist decades ago like in sports coverage and the school system. When I was in school in the 60's and 70's I had no idea of the political leanings of my teachers and they would not tell you even if you asked. Also back in the day you had no idea of political leanings of a sportscaster either. Now liberalism is spewed excessively in those areas while the right is forced to keep silent or lose their job.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:35 PM   #24
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______ View Post
It requires a level of self deception to argue that he isn’t one of the top 50 players at his position and deserving of a roster spot somewhere.
Should one be on on roster if they are only in the top 50 at their position but cause a tremendous distraction?
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2017, 04:05 PM   #25
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
Should one be on on roster if they are only in the top 50 at their position but cause a tremendous distraction?
Is he really a distraction at this point? There are like 100 other guys doing stuff during the anthem and he has already said he won't do it any more.

That said, him winning that award instead of JJ Watt after what he did for hurricane relief is a joke. GQ should be ashamed of itself.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2017, 04:47 PM   #26
MutuelClerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I am talking about liberalism infecting things where it doesn't belong and didn't exist decades ago like in sports coverage and the school system. When I was in school in the 60's and 70's I had no idea of the political leanings of my teachers and they would not tell you even if you asked. Also back in the day you had no idea of political leanings of a sportscaster either. Now liberalism is spewed excessively in those areas while the right is forced to keep silent or lose their job.

Were probably close to the same age. School was better then. Totally agree. Just not sure i agree with the right being oppressed and the liberal machine running amok while the poor right's hands are tied. Back to sports.....
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2017, 04:53 PM   #27
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Is he really a distraction at this point? There are like 100 other guys doing stuff during the anthem and he has already said he won't do it any more.

That said, him winning that award instead of JJ Watt after what he did for hurricane relief is a joke. GQ should be ashamed of itself.

He has a lot more issues than just the starting the disrespect the flag movement. At this point I don't think a team that was a 25th rated QB away from a Super Bowl run would take him.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:39 PM   #28
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post

Watt is the wrong color
Old 11-13-2017, 07:40 PM   #29
JustRalph
Just another Facist

They got a great trifecta

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 2A55C576-4B63-47AA-A1A1-FEC27C3B96CA.jpeg (53.7 KB, 19 views)
Old 11-13-2017, 07:55 PM   #30
reckless
Veteran

Insignificant rag GQ calls child molester Spacey, jack-off Louis C Kreep and America hater Colin Kaeper-nitwit heroes ... plus ...

NFL gang banger enabler Roger Goodell wants a $50 million contract to front billionaire owners, plus lifetime health insurance free for him and his family plus a private jet for life ... and, the there's ... J.J. Watt who raised about $40 million all by himself in a matter of weeks for flood victims in Texas and he gets ignored.

Help me, please .... and stop the world, I wanna get off!!
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: