Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-27-2017, 08:27 PM   #481
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
Honestly that race kind of stinks in my eyes. Nothing but respect for Lady Eli, but she got the assist by Jose Ortiz who pushed Dickinson way early for reason, while Antonoe got a very bizarre ride.

Pretty much every other race yesterday the jocks sat and watched while someone set an easy pace EXCEPT that race. Weird....
Impossible not to root for Lady Eli, even when I bet against her, but races like this hurt racing. Whether it actually happens or not, it looks like these riders are colluding at times. When a few guys control most of the best horses and those few guys seem to be the beneficiary of these kinds of tactics, it looks terrible.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2017, 08:30 PM   #482
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
Martin Garcia just pulled a Kent Desormeux and Desormeaux nailed him after a horrible start plus Garcia stopped riding cuz he though he had it won. The 3 ran a better race than Nero too.
Yes, guess I can focus on Game of Thrones, used 2 other than 2 just not 12, wtf, also was DQed in SPA finale for DD tat would have broken me even at that point...what a fun hobby/avocation.

Horse naturally came on again when he saw the 12
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2017, 08:32 PM   #483
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
Yes, guess I can focus on Game of Thrones, used 2 other than 2 just not 12, wtf, also was DQed in SPA finale for DD tat would have broken me even at that point...what a fun hobby/avocation.

Horse naturally came on again when he saw the 12
I feel your pain. The DQ at Saratoga cost me about $1300 and I used Nero there in the Pick 4.

It's like horse racing doesn't want people to bet on it.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2017, 10:01 PM   #484
GMB@BP

Wonder if Baffert rides him back, if I was the owner I would be fng livid.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2017, 10:03 PM   #485
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
I'd bet against again. 3 and 12 were much better IMO given their starts and positions on backstretch.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2017, 10:05 PM   #486
GMB@BP

Quote:
I'd bet against again. 3 and 12 were much better IMO given their starts and positions on backstretch.
I dont see it, but time will tell.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2017, 06:10 AM   #487
outofthebox

Quote:
The final time was below average for this class. I think the closers were flattered by the slow final 3/16. Obviously they all need to improve off that figure. And if Nero was odds on yesterday, imagine his odds again in his next race. Baffert will stretch him out two turns at SA
outofthebox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2017, 02:50 PM   #488
SG4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
I was all in with Nero in this race and was quite upset, but honestly I feared something like this could happen after having watched one of his earlier workouts, so I'm curious as to what Baffert's reaction to this ride would be.

In the video look at the complete lack of interest in picking things up for the gallop out when he gets smacked with the whip a few times. He was cruising in that work & should've had plenty left but shutting it down looks to be in this horse's bag of tricks right now. I'm thinking we have a very talented horse here who simply has not had the light bulb go on at all far as what his job as a racehorse is.

http://www.xbtv.com/video/croatian-(...ust-13th-2017/
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2017, 11:07 AM   #489
hopbet

NEWPORT BREEZE

ALCON:
This horse is entered TODAY at BELMONT race 8 .

HOPBET
hopbet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-27-2017, 12:59 PM   #490
Al Gobbi

Al Gobbi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-27-2017, 02:13 PM   #491
camourous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Gobbi View Post
Not surprising at all, jockeys here and over there ride like they don't even look at pps, so no surprise they don't know how long the races are
camourous is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2018, 09:26 PM   #492
SG4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle View Post
Seau is entered as a maiden in a Stake Saturday at Emerald.

Btw... he's a half brother to Super Saver which explains why he might never be in a maiden claimer.
Well if anyone's got 20k they want to plunk down, you can get your hands on Seau for that price on Saturday at Santa Anita. Still looking for that elusive maiden win, and gelded over the summer too so not exactly a productive year for this guy.
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2018, 07:41 PM   #493
BCOURTNEY

Tyler Baze
Santa Anita Race 9
2018-03-30

Huddle

Pretty angered by this ride on the stretch. He leads the race the whole way gets along side the rail for the stretch run, and does 2 things wrong, first he has been peeling off fractions at a clip that doesn't warrant a right side look in the rear view mirror, finish your race, you are already committed to the rail anyways. secondly and the part that leads to this rant is right whip your horse into the freaking rail?? did the horse didn't need it? Thee horse gets spooked and its done, was so worried about whats on the outside pushes the horse into the rail. Did he miss the memo where you never drive your maidens into the freaking rail? They can even be ruined that way.

Head down no messing around this was in the bag.

Last edited by BCOURTNEY; 03-30-2018 at 07:51 PM.
BCOURTNEY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2018, 05:17 PM   #494
dilanesp

I had meant to post this one.

Victor Espinoza on Conquest Typhoon in the 6th on May 12.

This horse was probably 4 lengths the best horse in the race and Espinoza managed to steady and check him at least six times from the backstretch to the 1/8 pole. He ended up finishing 3rd in a three horse driving finish.

Not as good as his work in TC races, I am afraid.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2018, 04:32 PM   #495
dilanesp

Stewart Elliott blew it on a 2-1 shot, Western Mongolia, in the 8th race on 6/28 at Los Al. It was a two turn mile around Los Al's bullring turns. So what does Elliott do? He goes 4 wide around both turns, making a big move into the lead on the far turn. But the stretch is almost 5/16th of a mile long, so of course he got caught.

Western Mongolia was probably 5 lengths the best horse when you account for ground loss.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: