Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #16
mishka

This is what I like about Twinspires

I have only used Twinspires, but here is what I like about them:

--Free Brisnet PPS if you bet the race.

--You also get free for any race played Brisnet's Expert Picks & Power Play angles.

--Also get Brisnet Profit Line the day of a race for each race. Profit Line gives an odds line for the top 5 horses. Great tool for me!!. It is nicely intergrated in their classical betting version with M/L odds and current odds.

--Not too long ago they added another "interface" for handicapping called Twinspires Express. It is almost overwhelming. What I like is the "Activity Logs" for horse, trainer, and jockey. The log for horses includes in table every record of the horse from workout to race in a nice easy to see list. The listing for jockeys goes into alotta of detail about their performances under many and various conditions. I stick mostly to their classic interface as that is the one that has the Profit Line odds line. But I will go into Express to check out records of jockeys and trainers.

--Betting interface easy to use for me.

--I like reports on day's activity they give you what you bet and how much you made after bet.

--on the results summary page, you get a link to the detailed summary of race and a link to video repeating the race.

--Just recently, TwinSpires TV has been slow, but they can downshift you to a less resolution stream. On Breeders Cup day last year, performance was good for me.

--free repeats of any race.

--you can download "non-free" Brisnet reports from inside Twinspires and the charged is transferred over to your Brisnet account. Don't have to separately go to Brisnet to download anything.

--good quick feedback. I complained about a bug in their classic interface. When horses are coupled, and one scratches, both are listed as scratched.
They responded within the hour. Not fixed yet, but response was quick.

--And yes, no fees. Back in the day, I learned my lesson on the word overlay and fees when I went to an OTB and put down a bet to win. The fee was 10% of bet. I won $2.10 and ended up losing 10 cents.
mishka is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2012, 10:19 PM   #17
cecil127

i signed up for xpressbet and have a question for those that use the xpressfund method to deposit funds directly from their checking accts. does your bank charge you any kind of fees on your end?
im thinking this is a sweet deal for the $25 bonus offered but it might just come back in fees from my bank. any feedback on your experiences with xpressfund would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by cecil127; 04-14-2012 at 10:21 PM.
cecil127 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2012, 07:00 AM   #18
Alc

Fifth Third Bank. NO fees!!!!!!
Alc is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2012, 02:27 PM   #19
redshift1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecil127
i signed up for xpressbet and have a question for those that use the xpressfund method to deposit funds directly from their checking accts. does your bank charge you any kind of fees on your end?
im thinking this is a sweet deal for the $25 bonus offered but it might just come back in fees from my bank. any feedback on your experiences with xpressfund would be greatly appreciated.
Signed up last week for Xpressfund.

How Its gone so far:

Wagered on Keeneland yesterday and my account was credited with the additional $125.00 today. I now have 30 days to wager the promotional funds.

No banks fees from BofA.

Depositing funds into your Xpressfund takes only a few seconds but withdrawing funds can take from 4-7 days depending on the date of your deposit. Interesting because all of the funds in my account are available for wagering today yet any withdrawals are blocked until my original deposit clears the bank. So you cannot access your winnings immediately except for wagering. Once your original deposit clears the bank It's takes one to two days before withdrawals appear in your bank account.

So far so good.

redshift1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2012, 07:33 PM   #20
Horseplayersbet.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddaddy
Till Im dirt I will never understand why anyone would bet with TVG now. How they can charge a quarter a bet while xpressbet and twinspires dont amazes me. Plus they dont give free pps or anything. I guess W.C. Fields was right, there must be one born every minute.
I think you were thinking of P.T. Barnum. But there is a good chance, he didn't originate the phrase either:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There%2...n_every_minute

Horseplayersbet.com is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #21
olddaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplayersbet.com
I think you were thinking of P.T. Barnum. But there is a good chance, he didn't originate the phrase either:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There%2...n_every_minute
I didnt know that since W.C. Fields must have borrowed that line and used it in the movie You Can’t Cheat an Honest Man.
olddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #22
netbet

Well,
I have an account with xpressbet but am really contemplating cancelling the account now that the West Mifflin, PA OTB has closed. This was the closest OTB to me and allowed me to deposit/withdrawal $$.
netbet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #23
ldiatone

Quote:
Originally Posted by netbet
Well,
I have an account with xpressbet but am really contemplating cancelling the account now that the West Mifflin, PA OTB has closed. This was the closest OTB to me and allowed me to deposit/withdrawal $$.
Net, When did the west mifflin otb close? never heard any thing. use to hang out there when my mother lived in brentwood. whats closer for you..Meadows in washington or the moon township otb? that one and harmar are still open. i go to harmar or the meadows to collect.

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #24
ldiatone

one more -point about xpressbet bet. the site doesn't support all the tracks.
eg.TUP. Cannot place a wager on line or view races. maybe by phone but a .25 phone charge does apply,unless thats been change. havent used the phone forever

Old 04-16-2012, 05:59 PM   #25
ldiatone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldiatone
one more -point about xpressbet bet. the site doesn't support all the tracks.
eg.TUP. Cannot place a wager on line or view races. maybe by phone but a .25 phone charge does apply,unless thats been change. havent used the phone forever
also IND. can't even call

Old 04-17-2012, 09:02 AM   #26
netbet

The WM OTB closed April 1st after the building lease expired.
The WM OTB was the closest but now the Meadows in Washington is probably the easiest to get to but is about 26 miles away
Harmar is nice and I spent many an afternoon there back when I worked in the Waterworks area but now I hate fighting RT 28 traffic.

I'll most likely be spending Derby Day at the Meadows racetrack or may even head to Mountaineer and stay for the evening races.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldiatone
Net, When did the west mifflin otb close? never heard any thing. use to hang out there when my mother lived in brentwood. whats closer for you..Meadows in washington or the moon township otb? that one and harmar are still open. i go to harmar or the meadows to collect.
netbet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #27
ldiatone

Quote:
Originally Posted by netbet
The WM OTB closed April 1st after the building lease expired.
The WM OTB was the closest but now the Meadows in Washington is probably the easiest to get to but is about 26 miles away
Harmar is nice and I spent many an afternoon there back when I worked in the Waterworks area but now I hate fighting RT 28 traffic.

I'll most likely be spending Derby Day at the Meadows racetrack or may even head to Mountaineer and stay for the evening races.
net i might also head out to the meadows derby day. the wife will play upstairs and i'll hang out right behind the small viewing tvs. the long bar has plugs for my computer. if its anything like whelling downs was on breeders cup day then the place will be packed

Old 04-17-2012, 09:29 PM   #28
GatetoWire

Just an FYI your issues with Xpressbet are due to State laws in PA.

This is from the Xpressbet site

Limited to Thoroughbred or Harness Meets only. Not available: Ajax Downs, Albuquerque, Arapahoe, Assiniboia, Baden-Baden, Berlin-Hoppengarten, Bremen, California Racing Fairs, Canterbury, Delta Downs, Dortmund, Dresden, Dusseldorf, Fair Meadows, Fairmount, Fairplex, Frankfurt, Halle, Hannover, Hialeah Park, Hoosier, Indiana Downs, Koln, Leipzig, Louisiana Downs, Los Alamitos, Magdeburg, Mannheim, Munchen-Reim, Neuss, Northlands Park, Portland Meadows, Remington Park, Retama Park, Ruidoso Downs, Sam Houston, Saarbrücken, Sunland Park, Sunray Park, Turf Paradise, Will Rogers Downs or Zia Park, Zweibrücken.

Please Note: Residents located within 35 miles of Philadelphia Park, Penn National, Pocono Downs, Harrahs Chester Downs, or Presque Isle Downs are prohibited from opening Xpressbet accounts.
GatetoWire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #29
IdaBet.com

Maybe try Idabet.com

You may not realize that their are scores of legal, USA based ADW's and one of the charms is our Idabet.com. We let our players speak for themselves and their continued support has caused our rapid growth. Personalized service, no fees, daily rewards, state of the art multi-video betting menu are some of the reasons. Here are a few more to try Idabet.com:
  • Owned and operated by horsemen in Idaho, dedicated to the expansion of live racing. Named Idaho Horsemen of the Year!
  • $300.00 New Player Bonus
  • Instant Daily Cash Rewards...paid the next morning. No minimums, no fees, no points....Just among the best cash back in the biz!
  • Personalized service with the owners...As a smaller company, we work with our players day in and day out and you have an open door to talk to us at anytime.
  • State of the art Menu featuring one screen with up to 4 live track videos, full betting menu and program all on one easy to read page
  • No fees...No sign ups...no monthly...and no per wager fees
  • Free Deposits...Most all deposit fees are credited to your account daily
  • Extra Promotions...This weekend an extra 2% back from 3 selected tracks
  • Free Video Replays
  • Live streaming from smaller tracks
No doubt about it, in this game, smaller is better where the player is king.
www.Idabet.com.
IdaBet.com is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #30
olddaddy

IdaBet, I would give you a shot to have my account but I guess you cant take Illinoisans.
olddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply