Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-29-2014, 02:49 PM   #31
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker
I still have no idea how he won this one.

He was done, finished, zip, over. And...

Top 5 horse races of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0QqdYJeCts
I attended that BC and cashed a big ticket on Tiznow.

The Racing Digest's comment on his pre-Breeders' Cup workout was that he looked amazing. I believe it was Bruno de Julio who watched the workout, and said that all his physical problems looked to behind him and he was sitting on a big race.

I hope Bruno cashed on him too.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2014, 03:27 PM   #32
ronsmac

1.Ghostzapper 2.Zenyatta
3.Tiznow
4.Midnight Lute
5.Pleasantly Perfect
6.St.Liam
7.Roses in May
8.English Channel
9.Kona Gold
10.Curlin
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2014, 03:34 PM   #33
RunDustyRun

1. Tiznow
2. Zenyatta
3. Animal Kingdom
4. Game On Dude
5. Wise Dan
RunDustyRun is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2014, 05:33 PM   #34
thespaah

Quote:

When I was in the racing business way back when, I heard a term used extensively around the farm and in the paddock, "heart"....As in "he's got a lot of heart"..That's a good description of Tiznow.
Tiznow is my favorite( as a fan, forget the wagering aspect) kind of course.
I picture a running back who looks like he's tackled and emerges from the pile and takes off. Or being caught from behind. Suddenly he appears to run away again.
That horse never quit.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2014, 09:46 PM   #35
sandpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp
Zenyatta, and it's not close. Best American racehorse of either gender since Skip Away or maybe even Cigar, best female in history, in the top 20 in American history.
I loved Zenyatta, was at HP when she broke her maiden and saw her barely lose her final start at Churchill Downs. Easily the most charismatic horse in a long time, but I don't see how you can say she is better than Ruffian. Any filly that sets or equals a track or stakes record in EVERY ONE of her races is simply on another level.
sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2014, 10:05 PM   #36
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpit
I loved Zenyatta, was at HP when she broke her maiden and saw her barely lose her final start at Churchill Downs. Easily the most charismatic horse in a long time, but I don't see how you can say she is better than Ruffian. Any filly that sets or equals a track or stakes record in EVERY ONE of her races is simply on another level.
Compare the horses behind Zenyatta in her three BC races to the horses Ruffian beat.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:12 PM   #37
Some_One

Quote:
Zenyatta, and it's not close. Best American racehorse of either gender since Skip Away or maybe even Cigar, best female in history, in the top 20 in American history.
Zenyatta is the best polytrack horse ever, which puts her maybe in the top 100 of all horses considering the rich, rich history of polytrack racing in the US.

For 2001+ #1 female for my it Xtra Heat, speed figures that current day sprinters can't come close to
Some_One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2014, 10:28 PM   #38
mutualwagerer

Couple that I don't think I saw mentioned

Gio Ponti
Court Vision
Palace Malice
Super Saver
Uncle Mo
Mistake
America
mutualwagerer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2014, 10:57 PM   #39
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_One
Zenyatta is the best polytrack horse ever, which puts her maybe in the top 100 of all horses considering the rich, rich history of polytrack racing in the US.

For 2001+ #1 female for my it Xtra Heat, speed figures that current day sprinters can't come close to
Seriously this is messed up. If we completely ignore anything she did on poly, on the totally stupid ground that such races don't count, you will still wait decades for a mare to come from last, 10 lengths behind the next to last horse, to miss by a head in the Breeders' Cup Classic. In other words, her dirt form alone establishes her as the greatest female American racehorse.

And, of course, poly races DO count.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:30 PM   #40
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Compare the horses behind Zenyatta in her three BC races to the horses Ruffian beat.
Zenyatta beat older males from behind, all Ruffian did was win short fields, at 1-5 on the lead unchallenged and who knows who she beat, yet, when people talk about Z, you hear all the questions about shipping around, racing on plastic, beating "nobody" etc....nobody ever questions what Ruffian did or didn't do.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2014, 11:34 PM   #41
Hoofless_Wonder
broken-down horseplayer

Vindication.

Photo for second, back to a distant Curlin and Afleet Alex.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:48 PM   #42
Billnewman

Quote:

To me that looks more like grit than raw talent
Billnewman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2014, 12:13 AM   #43
Some_One

Quote:
Seriously this is messed up. If we completely ignore anything she did on poly, on the totally stupid ground that such races don't count, you will still wait decades for a mare to come from last, 10 lengths behind the next to last horse, to miss by a head in the Breeders' Cup Classic. In other words, her dirt form alone establishes her as the greatest female American racehorse.

And, of course, poly races DO count.
That CD BC where the track was so deep that while it looked like she was struggling she actually ran the fastest opening split in her career which meant the whole entire field in front of her was at suicidal pace, similar to the Mine That Bird derby? That race showed how great Blame was to be that close to the pace and still have something left in the stretch. Gotta give props to the brilliance of her connections, they used 1-2 races to validate the rest of her pathetic campaign.

Sure poly races count, but not for much, that's why every track is ripping them up, and with the exception of Animal Kingdom, a bunch of no name locals won the DWC to the point that the Sheikh has been forced to rip the track up to get the Americans back.
Some_One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2014, 12:44 AM   #44
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_One
That CD BC where the track was so deep that while it looked like she was struggling she actually ran the fastest opening split in her career which meant the whole entire field in front of her was at suicidal pace, similar to the Mine That Bird derby? That race showed how great Blame was to be that close to the pace and still have something left in the stretch. Gotta give props to the brilliance of her connections, they used 1-2 races to validate the rest of her pathetic campaign.

Sure poly races count, but not for much, that's why every track is ripping them up, and with the exception of Animal Kingdom, a bunch of no name locals won the DWC to the point that the Sheikh has been forced to rip the track up to get the Americans back.
Would you care to give us your opinion on where Zenyatta rates among this country's best fillies and mares?
Old 07-30-2014, 12:53 AM   #45
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Would you care to give us your opinion on where Zenyatta rates among this country's best fillies and mares?
Is there anyone who thinks she doesn't?
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: