Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-17-2019, 10:31 AM   #1
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Oh no! Another one.....

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/dek...-say/911553013

Good guy with a gun.......

Watch the Video

Not again? It’s in the water in Georgia

https://www.thv11.com/mobile/article...c-9c255211a503
Old 03-17-2019, 11:02 AM   #2
chadk66

The more this happens the less it will have to happen
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2019, 11:07 AM   #3
fast4522

The Po-Po man hates this because all they get to do is paperwork.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2019, 12:45 PM   #4
thaskalos

With all the guns and all the crime out there...shouldn't this "good guy with a gun" thing occur a lot more often than it does?
Old 03-17-2019, 01:11 PM   #5
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
With all the guns and all the crime out there...shouldn't this "good guy with a gun" thing occur a lot more often than it does?
With all the talk about guns, relatively few Americans have concealed carry permits. An article I saw a while back said that excluding NY and CA, about 8% of the rest of the population have permits. So it would appear that the chances of an armed civilian being present during an armed robbery are fairly low.
Old 03-17-2019, 01:22 PM   #6
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
So it would appear that the chances of an armed civilian being present during an armed robbery are fairly low.
Even in places like Texas?
Old 03-17-2019, 01:27 PM   #7
Clocker

Quote:
Yeah, those guys are all hat and no cattle.
Old 03-17-2019, 03:06 PM   #8
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Yeah, those guys are all hat and no cattle.
POINTS! (If the site will allow me)
Old 03-17-2019, 05:03 PM   #9
ElKabong

Quote:
I don't own a weapon. Now that my dad has passed, no one in my family owns a weapon either. Aunts, uncles, cousins, brother. Probably 50 plus people. No guns among them (my wife owns one, but I don't allow it in the house)

Sorry to bust another stereotype for you.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2019, 06:06 PM   #10
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
I don't own a weapon. Now that my dad has passed, no one in my family owns a weapon either. Aunts, uncles, cousins, brother. Probably 50 plus people. No guns among them (my wife owns one, but I don't allow it in the house)

Sorry to bust another stereotype for you.
I submitted a post here a while ago, wondering about whether or not the gun laws should be so lax when it comes to citizens carrying guns in public...and JustRalph responded to me by telling me that it isn't unusual for his Houston restaurant to be frequented by pistol-packing customers. I would ask you why you didn't post this sort of reply to JustRalph, so you could "bust this stereotype" for HIM...but I already know the answer to this question.
Old 03-17-2019, 06:10 PM   #11
thaskalos

Quote:
POINTS! (If the site will allow me)
Nope. Sorry Clocker...the site won't allow me.
Old 03-17-2019, 07:59 PM   #12
ElKabong

Quote:
I submitted a post here a while ago, wondering about whether or not the gun laws should be so lax when it comes to citizens carrying guns in public...and JustRalph responded to me by telling me that it isn't unusual for his Houston restaurant to be frequented by pistol-packing customers. I would ask you why you didn't post this sort of reply to JustRalph, so you could "bust this stereotype" for HIM...but I already know the answer to this question.
If you knew the answer to the question, then why ask...

Here's a tip. Certain restaurants will have their own little vibes. Ralph and his wife will have their own, the ones I go to will have theirs.

Yet, I'm sure I'd be made to feel at home if I were to eat at Ralph's place. And I bet you would too. I wouldn't sweat it.

One big reason I'm not a fan of weapons in public... Trying to keep this short as not to bore...Many years ago I worked for a large Corp in McKinney. The MCK PD used to work out at the local HS gym, but Ron Poe, the head football coach, kicked them out because the police had a bad habit of harassing his players and former players... So, the PD came crawling to our company because we had a state of the art gym. Our company welcomed them is as long as they secured their weapons....first week, a cop hung up his belt, firearm went off in the locker room. Pissed employees off to no end.

That PD is still a badly run organization. Remember the 14 year old girl in a bikini that was manhandled by a cop, the video was posted here. That's McKinney.... Contrast that PD to my local PD. We couldn't ask for a better group of cops. Helpful, calm, cool, collected. Professional people. Can't say enough good about them.

Moral of the story. Not all people are responsible with weapons. If I'm in McKinney no way I'm carrying (and my wife and I go to the MCK town square monthly... Cool place). Knuckleheads with a badge can cause great harm even to 60+ yo 's as well as skinny girls in bikinis.

That's why I don't carry. It's kinda like driving. It's not me that I'm worried about. It's the other guy I'm worried about.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
Old 03-17-2019, 10:46 PM   #13
thaskalos

Quote:
If you knew the answer to the question, then why ask...

Here's a tip. Certain restaurants will have their own little vibes. Ralph and his wife will have their own, the ones I go to will have theirs.

Yet, I'm sure I'd be made to feel at home if I were to eat at Ralph's place. And I bet you would too. I wouldn't sweat it.

One big reason I'm not a fan of weapons in public... Trying to keep this short as not to bore...Many years ago I worked for a large Corp in McKinney. The MCK PD used to work out at the local HS gym, but Ron Poe, the head football coach, kicked them out because the police had a bad habit of harassing his players and former players... So, the PD came crawling to our company because we had a state of the art gym. Our company welcomed them is as long as they secured their weapons....first week, a cop hung up his belt, firearm went off in the locker room. Pissed employees off to no end.

That PD is still a badly run organization. Remember the 14 year old girl in a bikini that was manhandled by a cop, the video was posted here. That's McKinney.... Contrast that PD to my local PD. We couldn't ask for a better group of cops. Helpful, calm, cool, collected. Professional people. Can't say enough good about them.

Moral of the story. Not all people are responsible with weapons. If I'm in McKinney no way I'm carrying (and my wife and I go to the MCK town square monthly... Cool place). Knuckleheads with a badge can cause great harm even to 60+ yo 's as well as skinny girls in bikinis.

That's why I don't carry. It's kinda like driving. It's not me that I'm worried about. It's the other guy I'm worried about.
I can't find disagreement with what you say...nor did I say anything in this thread that contradicts you. My only point was that these "good guys with guns" incidents are mighty rare...considering how much crime there is in our country. JustRalph keeps tabs on these developments, and is quite prompt in reporting them here whenever they occur. And he reminds us of such happenings, what...every 6 months or so? I am just surprised that these things don't happen more often, that's all...and I only singled out Texas when Clocker responded to me because Ralph had mentioned about how proudly some of his restaurant patrons display their shiny holstered handguns. I wasn't trying to make any "stereotype" statements about Texas, or anyplace else.

Even with only a tiny minority of concealed weapon-carriers around...I am still surprised that these "return-fire" incidents don't occur more often than just a couple of times a year. Aren't you? I mean...this is a big country, with a pretty violent makeup.

Last edited by thaskalos; 03-17-2019 at 10:50 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2019, 10:59 PM   #14
ElKabong

Quote:
I can't find disagreement with what you say...nor did I say anything in this thread that contradicts you. My only point was that these "good guys with guns" incidents are mighty rare...considering how much crime there is in our country. JustRalph keeps tabs on these developments, and is quite prompt in reporting them here whenever they occur. And he reminds us of such happenings, what...every 6 months or so? I am just surprised that these things don't happen more often, that's all...and I only singled out Texas when Clocker responded to me because Ralph had mentioned about how proudly some of his restaurant patrons display their shiny holstered handguns. I wasn't trying to make any "stereotype" statements about Texas, or anyplace else.

Even with only a tiny minority of concealed weapon-carriers around...I am still surprised that these "return-fire" incidents don't occur more often than just a couple of times a year. Aren't you? I mean...this is a big country, with a pretty violent makeup.
Actually, the local news here has such stories about every week. It does happen.

Unfortunately the time a Good Samaritan intervened that I recall the most, was a husband and father that confronted a gunman going after his wife in a pharmacy parking lot. The injured wife crawled into the pharmacy while the would be good guy pulled out his weapon and fired on the bad guy. Bad guy shoots and kills the good guy. The good guys wife is now widowed with kids

Not worth it.

Btw, both the shooters were vets fwiw. As a vet myself I just don't understand it. It's as stupid as retired football players playing in a parking lot. Move on with your life. Grow up. Leave law enforcement to the professionals.
Old 03-17-2019, 11:03 PM   #15
thaskalos

Quote:
Actually, the local news here has such stories about every week. It does happen.

Unfortunately the time a Good Samaritan intervened that I recall the most, was a husband and father that confronted a gunman going after his wife in a pharmacy parking lot. The injured wife crawled into the pharmacy while the would be good guy pulled out his weapon and fired on the bad guy. Bad guy shoots and kills the good guy. The good guys wife is now widowed with kids

Not worth it.

Btw, both the shooters were vets fwiw. As a vet myself I just don't understand it. It's as stupid as retired football players playing in a parking lot. Move on with your life. Grow up. Leave law enforcement to the professionals.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: