Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-15-2017, 03:53 PM   #46
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
And what does the above have to do with the price of tea anywhere in the world? Nothing. Have I been calling for an investigation to stop?

Believe it or not there is a code of legal ethics, which calls for recusal just for the appearance of impropriety. There is certainly the appearance of impropriety. If the report of an obstruction case is true, it is an actual conflict of interest by the special counsel.

Either way after Comey's testimony and especially in light of the Post's story, Mueller needs to resign.
I disagree that there is any appearance of impropriety.

I think the Trump media you read is doing every thing it can to convince it's consumers that the very idea of a special prosecutor is somehow evidence of a vast deep state conspiracy.

I'm just trying to get you to digest that a sitting President telling a national audience that he fired an FBI director because he didn't like him allowing his underlings to continue an investigation was unwise.

On many levels.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 03:54 PM   #47
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
All these people working in all these alphabet intelligence agencies that hate Trump, apparently...with all this technology at their disposal...why don't they just whip up some evidence of obstruction or collusion and be done with Trump already...we all know this is going to happen one way or another, so let them just create the smoking gun out of thin air and be done with it all already.

They screwed up by not rigging the election in the first place (because nobody could conceive of Trump winning, so they thought, hey, why bother with all that unnecessary work?)...so they are going to right that wrong and simply manufacture evidence using technology the common man hasn't even dreamed of yet...this is the way it has to end.
Yeah. It's either this or your entire model is wrong.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:56 PM   #48
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______ View Post
Yeah. It's either this or your entire model is wrong.
Could say the same to some people on here who keep insisting there was collusion or obstruction with zero evidence found thus far on either tab, despite months and months and months of looking.

I'm sure damning concrete evidence will appear soon enough...in fact, I can practically guarantee it...

They learned their lesson the first time with Trump.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 04:04 PM   #49
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Could say the same to some people on here who keep insisting there was collusion or obstruction with zero evidence found thus far on either tab, despite months and months and months of looking.

I'm sure damning concrete evidence will appear soon enough...in fact, I can practically guarantee it...

They learned their lesson the first time with Trump.
Since I'm not one of those, I'll let you carry that ball.

I've been as clear as I think I can that although Russia clearly tried to cripple the Clinton campaign, it would have been the height of stupidity for anyone close to Trump to have cooperated in that effort. I'd share your shock at any actual evidence it occurred.

That doesn't change that fact that your hero has acted incredibly stupidly since assuming office for someone with nothing to hide.
Old 06-15-2017, 04:06 PM   #50
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
I disagree that there is any appearance of impropriety.

I think the Trump media you read is doing every thing it can to convince it's consumers that the very idea of a special prosecutor is somehow evidence of a vast deep state conspiracy.

I'm just trying to get you to digest that a sitting President telling a national audience that he fired an FBI director because he didn't like him allowing his underlings to continue an investigation was unwise.

On many levels.
You may disagree. Again what is the point of your argument about the vast deep state conspiracy?

This thread was started based on ethics lawyers have to follow. Again, if there is an appearance of impropriety the lawyer must recuse himself. Comey's testimony established there is, at the very least, an appearance of impropriety.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 04:10 PM   #51
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
That doesn't change that fact that your hero has acted incredibly stupidly since assuming office for someone with nothing to hide.
Thanks for that...my hero...even though he most certainly is not.

And I haven't actually seen any proof that Russia was behind the Wikileaks dumps...have you? Sure, a lot of these alphabet agencies claim it, but have they shown anyone any proof?

Did Russia stop by and wave on the way from DNC headquarters to Sweden? Or maybe some IP addresses trace back to Russia...we all know how concrete that type of evidence is...nobody has ever used a fake IP address when surfing the internet...

I don't think it can be proven, concretely, which is why we haven't been shown any proof.

Maybe the intelligence agencies CAN'T manufacture evidence after all. Maybe Trump will escape this entire mess legitimately...who knows.
Old 06-15-2017, 04:33 PM   #52
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for that...my hero...even though he most certainly is not.

And I haven't actually seen any proof that Russia was behind the Wikileaks dumps...have you? Sure, a lot of these alphabet agencies claim it, but have they shown anyone any proof?

Did Russia stop by and wave on the way from DNC headquarters to Sweden? Or maybe some IP addresses trace back to Russia...we all know how concrete that type of evidence is...nobody has ever used a fake IP address when surfing the internet...

I don't think it can be proven, concretely, which is why we haven't been shown any proof.

Maybe the intelligence agencies CAN'T manufacture evidence after all. Maybe Trump will escape this entire mess legitimately...who knows.
Putin admitted that it was possible non-governmental "Patriotic Russians" were involved.

Other than that, you are spot on the GRU talking points.

Congrats on being a useful tool.

Last edited by _______; 06-15-2017 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-15-2017, 04:39 PM   #53
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Other than that, you are spot on the GRU talking points.

Congrats on being a useful tool.
Your debate skills are stellar. Don't bother next time. It's the same ol' shit every few weeks you pop up here anyway.
Old 06-15-2017, 05:10 PM   #54
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Your debate skills are stellar. Don't bother next time. It's the same ol' shit every few weeks you pop up here anyway.
I can't help that I have a lower tolerance for our President's self inflicted wounds or his acolyte's excuses than you.

I understand that most here don't want to discuss the stupidity of admitting on national TV that your reasoning for an action was something that could easily be interpreted as obstruction of justice.

But, with your grace, I will still occasionally pop in.

Particularly when someone tries to spin what is an obvious next step as somehow nefarious.
Old 06-15-2017, 05:13 PM   #55
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I understand that most here don't want to discuss the stupidity of admitting on national TV that your reasoning for an action was something that could easily be interpreted as obstruction of justice.
People are free to interpret it any way they please. What can't happen is him being prosecuted and convicted on that charge because there is no way that will ever happen...thus time to look under another rock.
Old 06-15-2017, 05:25 PM   #56
_______
Veteran

Quote:
People are free to interpret it any way they please. What can't happen is him being prosecuted and convicted on that charge because there is no way that will ever happen...thus time to look under another rock.
You understand that you can obstruct justice without having committed any underlying crime, right?

It's a tough crime to prove but still one that you shouldn't be trolling for on national TV.
Old 06-15-2017, 05:33 PM   #57
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Since I'm not one of those, I'll let you carry that ball.

I've been as clear as I think I can that although Russia clearly tried to cripple the Clinton campaign, it would have been the height of stupidity for anyone close to Trump to have cooperated in that effort. I'd share your shock at any actual evidence it occurred.

You keep implying that the Trump team knew of 'Russia' influence and you suggest they would have been stupid to have cooperated with them. If they knew or not is not the point and if they knew, as everyone claims, then the Democrats knew too and how come Comey, Lynch, Brennan, Clapper and Obama didn't do a single thing about it?

They didn't because the 'Russians' had nothing to do with the US election of 2016. If anyone tried to wrongfully interfere with the election it was Loretta Lynch, Jim Comey and Obama.

Now, how has Trump acted 'stupidly' since Jan. 20, 2017??

If you read any legit web sites or newspapers, and not the ridiculed and partisan alt-left sites, you'd learn of the dozens of accomplishments Trump has done since election day. But reality and truth have little bearing to the progressives and Democrats, now do they?

Trump has nothing to hide but you guys criticise him because he will not play your game ... like, being a coward who will surrender --just like most Republicans have done since Reagan-- when accused of anything by the Democrats and their partners in crime, the media.

Once more, Trump should fire the interim Atty General, the corrupt and compromised Special Counsel and have all investigations in the Senate and House stop immediately.

This is a witch hunt and an attempt to overthrow the government of a legitimately elected president without just cause.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 05:54 PM   #58
_______
Veteran

The part of this I agree with is that Russia had nothing to do with the result.

I've never dismissed the legitimacy of the election. Donald Trump is the constitutionally elected President of the United States.

Where I disagree is that he has done nothing stupid since the election.

If he wanted to accomplish the goals outlined in his campaign, he has done multiple things that work against them. Part of the problem is the hyper vigilance of not being seen as a coward. He keeps leading with his chin because that is what his base wants. Or just who he is.

The ability to admit error might not be in his DNA.

You cheer that. It makes me worry.
Old 06-15-2017, 06:19 PM   #59
fast4522

Quote:
The part of this I agree with is that Russia had nothing to do with the result.

I've never dismissed the legitimacy of the election. Donald Trump is the constitutionally elected President of the United States.

Where I disagree is that he has done nothing stupid since the election.

If he wanted to accomplish the goals outlined in his campaign, he has done multiple things that work against them. Part of the problem is the hyper vigilance of not being seen as a coward. He keeps leading with his chin because that is what his base wants. Or just who he is.

The ability to admit error might not be in his DNA.

You cheer that. It makes me worry.
I will field this one:

President Trump's base is roughly 1/2 of this country, what you like means shit.
People think it matters what they like, nothing is further from the truth than what they like. Issues not in a particular order :

A.) Terrorism, do significantly better than Obama did.
B.) Get the 170 million number of insured by workplace increased to 200 million by means of JOBS.
C.) Scratch the ACA from our books.
D.) Have something to replace the ACA that has NO mandates on workplace insurance, sever all ties.
E.) Improve things across the board for our veterans, whatever refugees get in services should be LESS than our veterans period.

I could go on and on but everyone gets the ideas.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 06:32 PM   #60
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
I will field this one:

President Trump's base is roughly 1/2 of this country, what you like means shit.
People think it matters what they like, nothing is further from the truth than what they like. Issues not in a particular order :

A.) Terrorism, do significantly better than Obama did.
B.) Get the 170 million number of insured by workplace increased to 200 million by means of JOBS.
C.) Scratch the ACA from our books.
D.) Have something to replace the ACA that has NO mandates on workplace insurance, sever all ties.
E.) Improve things across the board for our veterans, whatever refugees get in services should be LESS than our veterans period.

I could go on and on but everyone gets the ideas.
This is an excellent response to someone, somewhere.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: