Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-12-2017, 01:46 PM   #16
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Comey was fired on May 9.
On May 17 Mueller was appointed.
In view of his close friendship with Comey, Mueller should never have accepted the appointment.
It's doubtful that he will recuse himself.
A Senate Intelligence Committee should recommend to the President to fire him.
Supposedly, Mueller has integrity. It is questionable that he accepted the appointment, however, it is no longer questionable, it is improper.

Let's see if Mueller actually possess the integrity accredited to him.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2017, 01:50 PM   #17
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32 View Post
Comey didn't appoint Mueller, Rosenstein did.

Comey didn't have any idea who would be appointed.

Being friends with someone isn't grounds for recusal.

I don't think you could have a more honorable, experienced and honest man in the job than Mueller.

Of course if the whacko, alt-right doesn't get their way about every little thing they cry like whiny little bitches.
We don't know what Comey knew or did not know. It is Comey's actions which are the basis for the call to recuse. Ethics require a recusal if there is an appearance of impropriety, which certainly exists in this case.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 06-12-2017 at 01:58 PM.
Old 06-12-2017, 01:57 PM   #18
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Comey didn't appoint Mueller, Rosenstein did.
A decision, which should be reversed due to Comey's actions. Hopefully, Rosenstein is asking Mueller to do the ethical thing and recuse himself.
George Washington
Old 06-12-2017, 02:04 PM   #19
barn32
tmrpots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
Ethics require a recusal if there is an appearance of impropriety, which certainly exists in this case.
I would agree with you if Coney knew Mueller was going to get the job or if he actually did the appointing. Why would Rosenstein appoint someone who is apparently very close friends with Comey? You'll have to ask him.

DC is a big small town. Lots of people know each other and are friends or acquaintances.

If Trump agrees with you, he can fire Mueller, and Rosenstein will appoint someone else. However, in my opinion, he doesn't dare.

I personally think Mueller is honorable, and both "sides" could do much worse.
barn32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2017, 02:29 PM   #20
MargieRose

Quote:
Where is the hypocrite Margie Rose now?
FYI Mr. Barn32, it just so happened that I saw your post first...my criticism stands. Libs, in general, have been far more abusive with their political rhetoric and actions than conservatives have been, and it's getting worse. However, although I agree with Mr. Tom's opinion of RBG (as I do with most of his opinions), his choice of adjectives in that particular opinion certainly should be condemned, as well...HE, as are most of the conservatives posting here, is better than that!
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2017, 02:45 PM   #21
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
I personally think Mueller is honorable, and both "sides" could do much worse.
That's an understatement. Mueller's so well respected that the Senate passed special legislation in 2011 to extend his 10yr tenure another two years. The Senate vote was 100-0. His initial appointment vote in 2001 was 98-0.

Questioning his objectivity is pure panic and won't amount to anything.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2017, 02:52 PM   #22
Binder
VDC Messenger

Yes

Yes and Bill Cosby once had the #1 tv show and sold lots of Jello pudding
Would he get those deals today ?
Binder is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2017, 03:00 PM   #23
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binder View Post
Yes and Bill Cosby once had the #1 tv show and sold lots of Jello pudding
Would he get those deals today ?
Old 06-12-2017, 03:15 PM   #24
Clocker

The issue here is not logic. Quite the contrary, it is all about image and partisan politics. Mueller's friendship with Comey is the perfect foundation for the usual charges of cronyism and bias for anyone that doesn't agree with the outcome of the investigation. Why start out handing that kind of ammo to the inevitable mob that will not accept the findings, no matter how well done?

But I look forward to the circus and to the resulting recriminations.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:23 PM   #25
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
A decision, which should be reversed due to Comey's actions. Hopefully, Rosenstein is asking Mueller to do the ethical thing and recuse himself.
And let us not never, ever forget that it was the Rosenstein Memo which really sunk the shameful, shameless, partisan, disgraced ex-FBI head little Jim Comey, the worm or all worms.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2017, 03:42 PM   #26
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
The issue here is not logic. Quite the contrary, it is all about image and partisan politics. Mueller's friendship with Comey is the perfect foundation for the usual charges of cronyism and bias for anyone that doesn't agree with the outcome of the investigation. Why start out handing that kind of ammo to the inevitable mob that will not accept the findings, no matter how well done?
You're underestimating Mueller's reputation. The complaining of some Trump supporters and various outliers doesn't really impact the reality that he's "one of Washington's most indispensable men".

Even Trump wanted him!

http://www.npr.org/2017/06/09/532286...ist-to-run-fbi

Quote:
And the idea that Rosenstein, who had been criticized for his role in the dismissal of Comey, reached into the White House process to fill the FBI post and invited Mueller to serve as a Justice Department special counsel underscores the heavy pressure Rosenstein was under to find an independent law enforcement leader to take charge of the Russia probe. Rosenstein's selection won applause from Congress and Justice Department veterans, who said Mueller would do the job without fear or favor.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:52 PM   #27
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I'll repeat myself.

They said the same thing about Comey at one time. Since then, he's been on both party's shit lists at one time or another...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2017, 04:08 PM   #28
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
You're underestimating Mueller's reputation.
You are overestimating the number of people who know or care about that reputation. How many "deplorables" outside the Beltway know the players involved in this little drama? All they will hear on talk radio or the alt-right web sites is that Trump fired Comey and Mueller and Comey were buddies.

Quote:
Even Trump wanted him!
In Trumpland, that has a useful life span about about the same as two scoops of ice cream.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:10 PM   #29
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
You are overestimating the number of people who know or care about that reputation. How many "deplorables" outside the Beltway know the players involved in this little drama? All they will hear on talk radio or the alt-right web sites is that Trump fired Comey and Mueller and Comey were buddies.

In Trumpland, that has a useful life span about about the same as two scoops of ice cream.
The "deplorables" are a lot more in touch with reality than all the progressives, pseudo conservatives and outright RINOs that criticize them combined.

Most 'deplorables' also get their information from many sources, some even come from mainstream venues, and most ignore the alleged 'alt-right' web sites that the know-it-alls love to mention solely to deride and insult real conservatives and Trump supporters.

Critically mentioning 'two scoops of ice cream' also tells most people the limitation and seriousness of all those Trump critics, as well. Just like blaming the 'Russians' or the Macedonians or even Netflix for Hillary losing to Trump all sounds good to the weak minded, but serious people have their heads high and feet on the ground. We do know better.
Old 06-13-2017, 02:20 PM   #30
reckless
Veteran

I hope Jeff Sessions un-recuses himself in all matters 'Russian' when he is questioned by the silly senators this afternoon. He was a fool to recuse himself in the first place.

I hope Jess Sessions calls for phony partisan heel Robert Mueller to end this Special Counsel b-shat immediately.

If none of this happens by the time I go to bed tonight I will regularly call for President Donald John Trump to fire the corrupt and compromised Mueller, ASAP!

These phony witch hunts need to end now. It is criminal what the DC doucebags are doing to this country. I will not allow this coup (If stupid Obama was saying this, he'd pronounce it 'Koop', like the idiot he is.) to happen on my watch.

Then I hope President Donald John Trump calls for the arrest of all America haters in the FBI and CIA -- and those that committed treason, notably Barry Obama, Hillary Clinton, Susan Rice, Eric Holder, Jim Comey, James Clapper, John Brennan, Loretta Lynch, John Kerry and a few dozen more Democrats.

Most of this won't happen, sad to say, but a citizen and a patriot could only wish for a return to decency and law and order once again.

Last edited by reckless; 06-13-2017 at 02:22 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: