Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 07:58 PM   #10291
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I guess you never had any ideas in life, hey? You never had the "end game" of something mapped out inside your head long before you physically implemented it? Never?

:
?????

You are out of it big time.
You did not read what I said about what I did professionally for over 30 years, did you bunky?.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:57 AM   #10292
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
?????

You are out of it big time.
You did not read what I said about what I did professionally for over 30 years, did you bunky?.
I read you foolishness. And that's what it is! You're in denial of the universal truth that everyone's life is goal-directed. We humans are teleologically wired. Therefore, we can see with our mind's eye our desired ends or effects (i.e. Final Causes) long before they are physically realized or implemented. This is a self-evident truth.

But you have painted yourself in a corner because you have also denied an even more fundamental truth that mental activity in humans is as genuine and real as physical activity is. And you're completely oblivious to how utterly stupid your claim is!
Old 03-20-2019, 10:41 AM   #10293
hcap

Let me correct my objection to your contention that humans are abole to develop technology beccause they are time travelers into the future (or the past)

Totally forgot about Dr. Emmett L. Brown. A fictional scientist---(imaginary)-- perhaps, but hey who's counting or worrying about real or pretend time!

He "developed" a cool time machine and even used your triunity principle to do it. A futuristic time machine from the past (circa 1985), a DeLorean.

that relayed on a "Flux capacitor"

See! three energy beams combining into one!.

God works in mysterious ways
Who would have thought you received your revelation for the backwards flow of time an effect preceding cause, from maverick scientist Doc Brown. I guess a prophet ?

Last edited by hcap; 03-20-2019 at 10:50 AM.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:23 PM   #10294
hcap

Quote:
I read you foolishness. And that's what it is! You're in denial of the universal truth that everyone's life is goal-directed. We humans are teleologically wired. Therefore, we can see with our mind's eye our desired ends or effects (i.e. Final Causes) long before they are physically realized or implemented. This is a self-evident truth.
So now teleology "proves" effect before cause? And your backwards time theory?

Of course! Should have known all along, our noses are wonderful supports for our glasses.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:27 PM   #10295
boxcar

Quote:
Let me correct my objection to your contention that humans are abole to develop technology beccause they are time travelers into the future (or the past)
You are so dishonest, it's unreal! I never said people develop technology because of time travel. I said people very often cut to the chase, and circumvent three of Aristotle's causes and get right to the Final Cause because they can see in their mind's eye the purpose, the end, the goal -- the teleology of something they desire. Inventors do this all the time, as do everyday people involved with other things in life.

The only reason I brought up "time travel" (in the virtual sense to boot, since we're incapable of physically doing this) is to show the power of the mind. The mind can do things the body cannot.

When the chess master has his grand plan -- his grand DESIGN -- his grand strategy mapped out in his mind and knows how the game is very likely to end in 10 moves before he even touches a chess piece, he's peering a few minutes into the immediate future, as it were. Of course, to PHYSICALLY accomplish his GOAL, he is subject to the three other causes of Aristotle BEFORE arriving to the desired Final Cause (outcome, purpose, goal, effect).

And another reason, I provided this kind of example, and others is due to your simple-minded, utterly stupid claim that all human activity is only physical in nature. This claim, without doubt, is the dumbest thing you have ever said in all the years we have dialogued!
Old 03-20-2019, 12:41 PM   #10296
hcap

You lost. Period. QED.

And what's worse you back fitted mental processes into your failed "proof" as a last stupid resort.

You are only fooling yourself.
Old 03-20-2019, 02:08 PM   #10297
boxcar

Quote:
You lost. Period. QED.

And what's worse you back fitted mental processes into your failed "proof" as a last stupid resort.

You are only fooling yourself.
You are the Denier-in-Chief of reality around here. You have no clue how utterly stupid you sound when you deny the existence of mental activity. And I didn't back-fit anything. Save for involuntary body functions, everything we do starts in the mind. And moreover, everything we do is goal-directed. To deny this is to say that everything we do has no reason, no purpose. To deny this is to deny the rationality of all human beings.

But believe me: I do not deny the irrationality of some human beings, Mr. Hcap.

So, now why don't you complete your self-inflicted trifecta of stupidity and tell us which direction your Present is moving? Is your Present moving through the Past and proceeding into the Future? Or is your Present moving through the Future and proceeding into the Past? Or maybe better yet...does your present oscillate between the Present and the Past?
Old 03-20-2019, 02:24 PM   #10298
hcap

Quote:
You are so dishonest, it's unreal! I never said people develop technology because of time travel. I said people very often cut to the chase, and circumvent three of Aristotle's causes and get right to the Final Cause because they can see in their mind's eye the purpose, the end, the goal -- the teleology of something they desire. Inventors do this all the time, as do everyday people involved with other things in life.

The only reason I brought up "time travel" (in the virtual sense to boot, since we're incapable of physically doing this) is to show the power of the mind. The mind can do things the body cannot.

When the chess master has his grand plan -- his grand DESIGN -- his grand strategy mapped out in his mind and knows how the game is very likely to end in 10 moves before he even touches a chess piece, he's peering a few minutes into the immediate future, as it were. Of course, to PHYSICALLY accomplish his GOAL, he is subject to the three other causes of Aristotle BEFORE arriving to the desired Final Cause (outcome, purpose, goal, effect).

And another reason, I provided this kind of example, and others is due to your simple-minded, utterly stupid claim that all human activity is only physical in nature. This claim, without doubt, is the dumbest thing you have ever said in all the years we have dialogued!
Old 03-20-2019, 02:38 PM   #10299
hcap

Quote:
You are the Denier-in-Chief of reality around here. You have no clue how utterly stupid you sound when you deny the existence of mental activity. And I didn't back-fit anything. Save for involuntary body functions, everything we do starts in the mind. And moreover, everything we do is goal-directed. To deny this is to say that everything we do has no reason, no purpose. To deny this is to deny the rationality of all human beings.

But believe me: I do not deny the irrationality of some human beings, Mr. Hcap.

So, now why don't you complete your self-inflicted trifecta of stupidity and tell us which direction your Present is moving? Is your Present moving through the Past and proceeding into the Future? Or is your Present moving through the Future and proceeding into the Past? Or maybe better yet...does your present oscillate between the Present and the Past?

Whatever you say Ralphy Boy

Old 03-20-2019, 03:07 PM   #10300
boxcar

Quote:
What else is new?

Old 03-20-2019, 06:18 PM   #10301
HalvOnHorseracing

Well, Boeing has solved the time problem for us with their company motto: We build tomorrow's airplanes today
Old 03-21-2019, 01:52 AM   #10302
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
Well, Boeing has solved the time problem for us with their company motto: We build tomorrow's airplanes today
Old 03-21-2019, 02:00 AM   #10303
hcap

This makes everything perfectly clear. It's all relative.

What is the day after the day before yesterday?

Quote:
The day before yesterday was two days ago; the day after the day before yesterday was yesterday;
and two days after that (yesterday) is tomorrow.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:25 AM   #10304
Actor
Librocubicularist

"It's a no win situation. It's a mug's game. The religions have contrived to make it impossible to disagree with them critically without being rude. They play the hurt feelings card at every opportunity." -- Daniel Dennett

Last edited by Actor; 03-21-2019 at 04:33 AM.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:24 AM   #10305
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
I'm leasing that slogan to them.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: