Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-14-2015, 05:33 PM   #1
Grits

Travers Day is sold out

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...s-day-sold-out

This should go over well.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2015, 05:57 PM   #2
ebcorde
Veteran

some people will still drive up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
I hope Pharoah skips the race and goes to Parx. I think Baffert can smell a trap waiting for him at Saratoga. If he goes I think they'll play games, mess with the track, crap post , rabbits, something
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2015, 05:58 PM   #3
andtheyreoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebcorde
I hope Pharoah skips the race and goes to Parx. I think Baffert can smell a trap waiting for him at Saratoga. If he goes I think they'll play games, mess with the track, crap post , rabbits, something
You think they WANT American Pharoah to lose? That sounds a tad ridiculous.

What would NYRA have to gain if they made it more difficult for AP?
Old 08-14-2015, 06:06 PM   #4
ebcorde
Veteran

yeah I do think that

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtheyreoff
You think they WANT American Pharoah to lose? That sounds a tad ridiculous.

What would NYRA have to gain if they made it more difficult for AP?
Bragging rights. I have a bad memory but didn't Secretariat lose to Onion in 1973 Whitney. AND THEY STILL EMBRACE IT.

I hope we never find out.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:32 PM   #5
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

I hope he runs in the Travers. I hope he breaks slow DUE TO NYRA jocks smashing him at the gate. I THEN hope the leaders choke it down to a 26 52 117 fraction, AP gets rank on the inside the whole way, all the while being buried for a mile and when Victor asks for run the first flight has more than enough to hold clear.

Not because I hate AP. But because THEN and only then will any attention be given to the MAFIA riding tactics of the NYRA boys.

I have no idea how I stay ahead while betting NYRA with all the crap the boys pull. I've grown accustomed to it and bet accordingly, I guess.

Draw Jose or Irad next to AP in the Travers.......LOOK OUT.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2015, 06:33 PM   #6
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

I WAS SO PROUD OF WHAT TLG SAID AFTER TODAY'S 7th. You can tell he HAS HAD ENOUGH OF IRAD.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:34 PM   #7
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:

Naaaaaahhhh, that would NEVER happen at the SPA.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:43 PM   #8
ebcorde
Veteran

interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
I hope he runs in the Travers. I hope he breaks slow DUE TO NYRA jocks smashing him at the gate. I THEN hope the leaders choke it down to a 26 52 117 fraction, AP gets rank on the inside the whole way, all the while being buried for a mile and when Victor asks for run the first flight has more than enough to hold clear.

Not because I hate AP. But because THEN and only then will any attention be given to the MAFIA riding tactics of the NYRA boys.

I have no idea how I stay ahead while betting NYRA with all the crap the boys pull. I've grown accustomed to it and bet accordingly, I guess.

Draw Jose or Irad next to AP in the Travers.......LOOK OUT.

I'm having a very good Saratoga and Belmont so far. Not bragging, I'm not seeing it, I'll have to look closer. I will say this Jose Oritz guy wtf is his problem? I'm seeing a lot of bad rides from him. And I'm seeing bad positioning for a lot of riders. But the better horses are still prevaling or coming in second.
I don't play Jockeys there, they're all good, unless it's a Grade 1/2.

When I have to throw out close horses, Cornelio goes. That guy , in my program seems to always be on the perfect Horse, and comes in third. That's how I know my program needs work.

Trust me , Sar/Bel be happy bcause the Jockeys are horrible everywhere else. I play GP, the place is killing me. They don't even ride a horse most times.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:09 PM   #9
Cratos

Quote:
I hope not because he would have the opportunity to win the 4 largest 3yo G1 races

"Science is correct; even if you don't believe it" - Neil deGrasse Tyson
Cratos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2015, 07:55 PM   #10
ebcorde
Veteran

say the Horse has 2 starts left in him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cratos
I hope not because he would have the opportunity to win the 4 largest 3yo G1 races
I rather it be a prep before the Breeder's. if he can do 2 starts. Maybe not Baffert said the Horse was exhausted on the return trip from Monmouth. I dont want to see him run at 90% at Saratoga or anywhere else. Maybe that's it.

Regardless no one can top the Arkansas derby, Triple crown and the Haskell that's plenty don't get greedy, I made a ton of money off this Horse keying him in exotics. It's okay if he does not run again. I would love for him to run again, but only 100% fit,
Old 08-14-2015, 08:13 PM   #11
BlinkersOn

I'm going to be very surprised if Baffert takes AP to Saratoga. I think there will be some excuse at the last minute. I know that Zayat wants to go, but I don't think Bob wants to go back there. His only win was with Point Given, and he was retired the following week due to injury. I think Bob thinks of Saratoga as his bad luck track. That being said, I hope if he does go, he wins easily. People have bought tickets early, because they have been hoping to see AP, but I'm not so sure that is going to happen. It seems like if you don't already have a ticket, you are out of luck for sure. I hope if AP does go, he shows us the bottom of him, and all he's got left in the tank. I think it's a lot. I love Texas Red, but AP is one special horse.
BlinkersOn is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2015, 10:07 PM   #12
Thebigguy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits

Do you have anything better to do? You start 10 threads a day and tAke unnecessary shots at my employer. Give it a rest. If you're this lonely try tinder.
Thebigguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2015, 10:26 PM   #13
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Maybe your employer deserves it.
Don't YOU have anything better to do?
Old 08-14-2015, 10:32 PM   #14
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebigguy
Do you have anything better to do? You start 10 threads a day and tAke unnecessary shots at my employer. Give it a rest. If you're this lonely try tinder.
Gentlemen, unfortunately, he shows up. Drunk again.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2015, 10:38 PM   #15
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebigguy
WTF!!!

This is a horse racing forum. I appreciated her link. I felt she was disseminating useful and timely info which most wouldn't know unless they were employed by them. If you don't enjoy her threads then you shouldn't read them. You can see who has originated them unless you're stupid.

As most on here know, I don't get pissed very easily but your post has made me respond quicker than usual.

Last edited by whodoyoulike; 08-14-2015 at 10:40 PM.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply