Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 02-29-2012, 12:26 AM   #16
KirisClown

Sonoma uploaded a copy of the letter.. it starts on page 23.. Letter To The Committee
KirisClown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 12:32 AM   #17
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirisClown
Sonoma uploaded a copy of the letter.. it starts on page 23.. Letter To The Committee
Well this is unfortunate.

It do blow the 'capitalistic' theorem touSand was floatin' out the back window.

Work for free?
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 12:47 AM   #18
olddaddy

Is there a written contract with Wrona or is this a hand shake agreement? This all confuses me of why Stauffer would expect them to either salt n pepper Wronas contract or renege on a hand shake agreement.
olddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 12:47 AM   #19
thaskalos

It makes sense I guess...

Just because our bills are being paid, and our family's financial future is secure...does that mean we can't railroad someone out of a job that's rightfully his?
Old 02-29-2012, 12:52 AM   #20
chickenhead
Lacrimae rerum

Got's announcers playin'....back stabbers....back stabbers! WHAT THEY DO? they smilin' in yo' face, all the while they wanna take yo' place...
chickenhead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 01:00 AM   #21
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhead
Got's announcers playin'....back stabbers....back stabbers! WHAT THEY DO? they smilin' in yo' face, all the while they wanna take yo' place...
Very clever, Chick.

Know what? This is SO unseemly and SO inside it feels odd to be reading such things. Perhaps in fairness to VJS, cj could close this t until he has a chance to respond. Utterwise, things could get ugly REAL fast.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:01 AM   #22
turninforhome10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
Very clever, Chick.

Know what? This is SO unseemly and SO inside it feels odd to be reading such things. Perhaps in fairness to VJS, cj could close this t until he has a chance to respond. Utterwise, things could get ugly REAL fast.
Second
turninforhome10 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 01:04 AM   #23
olddaddy

Quote:
Very clever, Chick.

Yea WAY too much personal info in that letter for all to see. It shouldnt be here.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:09 AM   #24
proximity

instead of closing the thread we should be coming up with a better plan that sonoma could implement to make better use of that $4500 a week they're going to pay a guy to announce races.

here's mine:

hire a university of az kid to call the races at a small fraction of that price and use the rest to have two running double elimination heads up handicapping tournaments for live sonoma fans. tournament A by number of winners (with criteria to break ties) and tournament B by total prices of daily winners with all picks submitted in person before these live cards. i say use this money to promote handicapping and live racing attendance!!
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 01:09 AM   #25
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Very clever, Chick.

cj? Oh, now cj is first call around here...

I'll remind you sir...oh, never mind...

Anyway, why close it? It's all there in black and white...a matter of public record. Nothing is being "disclosed" here....
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 01:10 AM   #26
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddaddy
Yea WAY too much personal info in that letter for all to see. It shouldnt be here.
It's not here on PaceAdvantage...it's on the http://www.sonomacountyfair.com/ website. Part of the public record.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 02-29-2012 at 01:11 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:13 AM   #27
Dave Schwartz

I read Vic Stauffer's letter.

What I heard was a man pleading for a job that he used to have. I read no indication that he was throwing Wrona under the bus. He did not even mention Mr. Wrona's name.

Of course, logically, if Mr. Stauffer gets the job then Mr. Wrona doesn't.

Now, I admit that I try to see the best in people wherever I can but my take here was a little different. I see a competitive situation. If Mr. Wrona already had the job then it was just wasted effort. If not, then it was competitive effort.

Of course, perhaps there is an unwritten code about unseating a "sitting" announcer. (Pun intended.) If so, then my assessment is dead wrong and Mr. Stauffer should have known better.

But until someone who has such knowledge of the "code of announcers" I will choose to give Vic the benefit of the doubt and assume he did not cross a line.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz
As always the opinions expressed
by Mr. Schwartz do not necessarily
represent those of management.

Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 01:15 AM   #28
olddaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
It's not here on PaceAdvantage...it's on the http://www.sonomacountyfair.com/ website. Part of the public record.
Oh ok, I didnt know. I just didnt want anyone getting into trouble here.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:15 AM   #29
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by proximity
instead of closing the thread we should be coming up with a better plan that sonoma could implement to make better use of that $4500 a week they're going to pay a guy to announce races.

here's mine:

hire a university of az kid to call the races at a small fraction of that price and use the rest to have two running double elimination heads up handicapping tournaments for live sonoma fans. tournament A by number of winners (with criteria to break ties) and tournament B by total prices of daily winners with all picks submitted in person before these live cards. i say use this money to promote handicapping and live racing attendance!!
Cost cutting. See, I knew this was going to move in a nice direction. Who was the nut that wanted it shut down? Back of the bus for you, Bub.

Any other ideas for announcer? Is William Conrad available?

Old 02-29-2012, 01:16 AM   #30
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Or, if bigmack had his way:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz
As always the opinions expressed
by Mr. Schwartz do not necessarily
represent those of cj.