Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-15-2008, 02:49 PM   #1
Citation33
Veteran

Little Cliff almost sent to slaughter...

Amazing. The horse ran 7th out of 9 at Philly Park for them and they sold him off for peanuts to the Slaughterhouse.

Here's the thing why they are worthless humans. Nick Zitos wife said she fixed what they call a "white sticker" to his Jockey Club papers(which goes with him everywhere) which states if the horse is going to be retired and can not run anymore or needs a home please call and the info is all there and they will take care of it all. These jackoffs did'nt care and sold him for nothing to die.

They easily could've called up the number and Nick Zito and his wifes foundation would've picked him up and given him a nice home.

Can not wait to see RAMON PRECIADO or LA BUZZ stable in a paddock at Belmont.

I'm not a die hard animal lover or Peta or anything like that and things go on that you can not control but the foundation clearly files papers for him for retirement when he's done and these jerkoffs KNEW IT from his papers and negated it and sold him to die. Disgusting.

Any Zito and his wife sent a "very generous" check for all his expenses and so on to the woman who saved him.

Last edited by Citation33; 05-15-2008 at 02:51 PM.
Citation33 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2008, 02:59 PM   #2
DJofSD
Screw PC

If there's a cause for PETA to champion, this is the one. The horse had people willing to take it and find a good home for it but the owners either didn't care or worse.

As much as I dislike the tactics that PETA uses, I say "go get 'em".
DJofSD is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2008, 03:08 PM   #3
HolyBull29
Journeyman

Ramon Preciado and that stable are A$$HOLES! I read that article too. I can not belive they knew about his retirement plan but scraped it so they could get an extra $200 or so. These people are why racing is getting a bad name.
HolyBull29 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2008, 04:40 PM   #4
Living Flame

Thumbs down

And no one does anything to punish them.

Someone should tell PETA or, even better, the ALF. Fry 'em.
Living Flame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2008, 04:47 PM   #5
HolyBull29
Journeyman

Totally agree. Should be BANNED form racing. Preciado is a bum.
HolyBull29 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2008, 06:18 PM   #6
lilmegahertz

I agree..banned and maybe a lawsuit against them by Zito and his wife....
A Prayer for Animals. Hear our humble prayer, O God, for our friends, the animals, especially for animals who are suffering; for any that are hunted or lost or deserted or frightened or hungry; for all that must be put to death. We entreat for them Thy mercy and pity, and for those who deal with them we ask a heart of compassion, and gentle hands and kindly words. Make us ourselves to be true friends to animals and so to share the blessings of the merciful. ~ Albert Sweitzer
lilmegahertz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2008, 06:36 PM   #7
toetoe
Veteran

C'mon. Let's lambaste them, but PLEASE ! --- no more laws. We are already overlegislated, big time.

What about the knacker himself ? How many horses has he killed ? Are we talking equine hate crimes ? No, gents, it's enough that you've spread the word on these clowns.
toetoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2008, 07:47 PM   #8
Shenanigans

Can someone tell me where these slaughterhouses are? I thought all three were closed? Oh, I get it, they're shipping horses across the borders to the slaughter houses. I suppose being shipped a 1000+ miles to a slaughterhouse with no food and water and being stomped on is much better than a short ride to a slaughterhouse with only a short time before the killing. These bozos that got the slaughterhouses closed in the U.S. forgot about the ones still open in Mexico and Canada so now we have our horses being packed into double decker trailers and left with no food and water for days still only to come to the same death that was banned here in the states. Does that make sense?
Shenanigans is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2008, 07:58 PM   #9
FunkyMonkey

TOeToe..,

You are just being silly...the problem is not too much legislation...the problem is that the legislation is inadequate and/or not enforced with sufficient rigor. Shame only works if you care what others think...stiff fines, jail time and/or banning them from any involvement with horses should do the trick...either way making sure that they never have the opportunity to committ the act again should be the primary rationale for the punishment handed out.
FunkyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2008, 09:32 PM   #10
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Seems like a little club is forming here.....where have all you guys been (Citation, HolyBull, LivingFlame, Funky Monkey) all this time? All this ganging up on Preciado has me thinking:

How are you vocal critics so sure that Preciado didn't give the horse to someone whom he thought was going to give Little Cliff a good home, and THAT person turned around and sent the horse to the killers? How can you be so sure Preciado and LA Buzz are to blame? The Real Sports piece did not say how Little Cliff got to the slaughter house....if you have proof of what happened, please provide your source. If not, stop blaming people who may be innocent.

And as for the transport of horses to Mexico and Canada, the Real Sports piece reported that there is a bill in Congress that will ban such practices.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2008, 09:35 PM   #11
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyBull29
Ramon Preciado and that stable are A$$HOLES! I read that article too. I can not belive they knew about his retirement plan but scraped it so they could get an extra $200 or so. These people are why racing is getting a bad name.
What article. A quick search of Google news shows one article about Little Cliff, but nothing that mentions Preciado....
Old 05-15-2008, 09:41 PM   #12
Cangamble
Agitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
What article. A quick search of Google news shows one article about Little Cliff, but nothing that mentions Preciado....
Nothing is conclusive according to this forum who seem to have a few people who know the story from the inside:
http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum...d.php?t=143528
Old 05-15-2008, 09:48 PM   #13
FunkyMonkey

[QUOTE=PaceAdvantage]Seems like a little club is forming here.....where have all you guys been (Citation, HolyBull, LivingFlame, Funky Monkey) all this time? All this ganging up on Preciado has me thinking:

Let me just be clear so that I don't get myself entangled in an endless series of exchanges...I am not part of any club...would not want to be a member of any club that would have me as a member

and, as far as the accusations of guilt...my point was meant to apply to anybody who is indeed "guilty" with regard to this specific matter and all analogous similar matters...the specific individuals are irrelevant it is the actions that need addressing...finally, I was primarily responding to the somewhat silly idea (posted by Toetoe)that what we don't need is more legislation.

hope that helps.
FunkyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2008, 09:54 PM   #14
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cangamble
Nothing is conclusive according to this forum who seem to have a few people who know the story from the inside:
http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum...d.php?t=143528
Thanks for the link. Nothing is confirmed as you say, but the circumstantial evidence is fairly damning.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:39 PM   #15
russowen77

http://www.awionline.org/legislation/horse_slaughter/

Here is some data on the act, 100k a year is a lot of animals.
russowen77 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply