Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-21-2024, 02:54 AM   #61
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
The Democrats behind Briben took a hard left and progressed to careen into a ditch and drag the US deep into a gutter. Pushed racism and division and mental illness as normal. If we stay in this ditch in 10 years time hello Thunder Dome.
many of the Biden upper staff came from Lizzy Warren and Bernie Sanders campaigns, as well as the 0bama holdovers

they live in their own world
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2024, 06:32 AM   #62
Richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
In the last year in New England the cost of electricity is down5.3 cents per KWH. In Boston, it is down.9.4 cents per KWH
total BS from here in CT
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2024, 06:37 AM   #63
Richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I didn't turn against him.

Until it was obvious he didn't know how to run for president.

You can't get blood from a stone.

When was the last time you REALLY criticized a democrat on here?

I've criticized MANY Republicans, INCLUDING TRUMP.

I'll be waiting.
he criticized kennedy once, he said he deserved to be shot
Old 02-21-2024, 06:43 AM   #64
Richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
The Democrats behind Briben took a hard left and progressed to careen into a ditch and drag the US deep into a gutter. Pushed racism and division and mental illness as normal. If we stay in this ditch in 10 years time hello Thunder Dome.
the democrats behind obama since 2008 ............this all started to go downhill 2008
Old 02-21-2024, 07:51 AM   #65
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTO Joe View Post
There’s a guy on this forum whose entire act for umpteen years is to hurl deranged insults at left-leaning posters. No insult is too low or too inappropriate, and it’s not only tolerated here, it’s encouraged.

Thats why it’s so funny when the guy who lets all that slide, whines and cries when he’s on the receiving end.

No one hurls more insults than Cliff Clavin I am sure more than 50% of his posts have insults in them he often insults people over lies he makes up about them. So the biggest first class piece of shit here is a lefty. Who is the person whom you say is a rightly that hurls insults at all the lefties?

Interesting comment coming from an obvious retread. Why come back under another name? Did you threaten to leave and never come back and did not stay true to your word?
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2024, 08:03 AM   #66
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Everything is better than it was under Trump. Under Trump, I couldn’t go to a restaurant to eat with my friends. I can now. Under Trump, I couldn’t go to a high school basketball game. I can now. Under Trump, I couldn’t go to church. I can now. Prices have gone up, but so has my income.

If a person is honest, there is nothing you were doing before that you can’t do now. Even if it costs a bit more. AND MILLIONS ARE NO LONGER DYING AND GETTING SICK FROM COVID.

I do not know the proper way to respond to the useless meaningless garbage that you post. You know full well everything you just posted had nothing to do with Trump or Biden, so why post the nonsense? Trump did not place Covid restrictions and Biden did not remove them. That was all on the governors of the states for the most part.
Old 02-21-2024, 08:07 AM   #67
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTO Joe View Post
There’s a guy on this forum whose entire act for umpteen years is to hurl deranged insults at left-leaning posters. No insult is too low or too inappropriate, and it’s not only tolerated here, it’s encouraged.

Thats why it’s so funny when the guy who lets all that slide, whines and cries when he’s on the receiving end.

Umpteen years? I thought you have only been here a year, you keep outing yourself. Anyone have an idea who this guy is? All I can say is it is not Hcap.
Old 02-21-2024, 11:26 AM   #68
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Everything is better than it was under Trump. Under Trump, I couldn’t go to a restaurant to eat with my friends. I can now. Under Trump, I couldn’t go to a high school basketball game. I can now. Under Trump, I couldn’t go to church. I can now. Prices have gone up, but so has my income.

If a person is honest, there is nothing you were doing before that you can’t do now. Even if it costs a bit more. AND MILLIONS ARE NO LONGER DYING AND GETTING SICK FROM COVID.
WSJ today-2-21-24 headline:

It’s Been 30 Years Since Food Ate Up This Much of Your Income
Ongoing high costs lead food manufacturers and restaurants to keep prices elevated

Eating continues to cost more, even as overall inflation has eased from the blistering pace consumers endured throughout much of 2022 and 2023. Prices at restaurants and other eateries were up 5.1% last month compared with January 2023, while grocery costs increased 1.2% during the same period, Labor Department data show.

Relief isn’t likely to arrive soon. Restaurant and food company executives said they are still grappling with rising labor costs and some ingredients, such as cocoa, that are only getting more expensive. Consumers, they said, will find ways to cope.

“If you look historically after periods of inflation, there’s really no period you could point to where [food] prices go back down,” said Steve Cahillane, chief executive of snack giant

https://www.wsj.com/economy/consumer...ncome-2e3dd3ed

Last edited by JustRalph; 02-21-2024 at 11:30 AM.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2024, 11:35 AM   #69
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
New York Times today-2-21-24 headline:

It’s Been 30 Years Since Food Ate Up This Much of Your Income
Ongoing high costs lead food manufacturers and restaurants to keep prices elevated

Eating continues to cost more, even as overall inflation has eased from the blistering pace consumers endured throughout much of 2022 and 2023. Prices at restaurants and other eateries were up 5.1% last month compared with January 2023, while grocery costs increased 1.2% during the same period, Labor Department data show.

Relief isn’t likely to arrive soon. Restaurant and food company executives said they are still grappling with rising labor costs and some ingredients, such as cocoa, that are only getting more expensive. Consumers, they said, will find ways to cope.

“If you look historically after periods of inflation, there’s really no period you could point to where [food] prices go back down,” said Steve Cahillane, chief executive of snack giant

https://www.wsj.com/economy/consumer...ncome-2e3dd3ed
I heard Biden just like week blame greedy men like JustRalph for the elevated cost of food. Slimy restauranteurs stealing money from poor people when in reality food prices aren't that bad.

All I know is that in my business, which is 90%+ labor cost, my wages have gone up 34% in three years. It's unsustainable because I'm not getting 34% better employees. Many are still slugs. If I don't pay them that much, then the next guy will. Wage pressure is a big deal in my industry (health care).

I just wish more people in govt actually understood and worked in a business and what it takes to be successful. What an eye opener it is to wear 20 hats a day with about 50 "business partners" reaching into your pocket trying to take some of your cash.

Last edited by tucker6; 02-21-2024 at 11:38 AM.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2024, 12:00 PM   #70
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
I heard Biden just like week blame greedy men like JustRalph for the elevated cost of food. Slimy restaurateurs stealing money from poor people when in reality food prices aren't that bad.

All I know is that in my business, which is 90%+ labor cost, my wages have gone up 34% in three years. It's unsustainable because I'm not getting 34% better employees. Many are still slugs. If I don't pay them that much, then the next guy will. Wage pressure is a big deal in my industry (health care).

I just wish more people in govt actually understood and worked in a business and what it takes to be successful. What an eye opener it is to wear 20 hats a day with about a 100 hands reaching into your pocket trying to take some of your cash.
It is not governments job to provide you or anyone else with cheep labor, unsustainable aspects of a sector have been offset by welfare and safety nets picking up the tab for what employees are not paid in a living wage. This should not be and to expect for government to keep you in business is absurd just as it is for restaurateurs or any other sector. The successful in restaurant business are those whose standards excel in all areas to become best in class. Over 50 % fail and it is the nature of the business. Labor costs percentage being 90 % of your business suggests safety nets set aside for Americans are being used to pay your employees more than you do when best in class standards apply to taking care of people not inside a hospital. How many are publicized in what you do with a percentage associated going out of business? So people do not have to go to a restaurant but those who can not go home have to go someplace. So please tell us who meets and exceeds what you do to excel in your sector.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2024, 01:54 PM   #71
Inner Dirt

Quote:
I heard Biden just like week blame greedy men like JustRalph for the elevated cost of food. Slimy restauranteurs stealing money from poor people when in reality food prices aren't that bad.

I just wish more people in govt actually understood and worked in a business and what it takes to be successful. What an eye opener it is to wear 20 hats a day with about 50 "business partners" reaching into your pocket trying to take some of your cash.

You beat me to calling Ralph greedy, . 20 hats, I am going to sit down and count mine. I no longer have employees and at my peak only had 6. My first thought is 20 hats is an exaggeration, but come to think about it that number can be pretty accurate. When I had employees and was making my own products motivating employees was easy. Been a machine shop owner for 30 years. I gave regular performance bonuses in cash and the shop fridge was fully stocked with beverages,
and there were also coffee and doughnuts around.

I kept them guessing when they were getting rewarded with what and when.

For inflation I do not believe the White House numbers one bit. Perishable shop supplies I will often order in standard quantities, I click the reorder tab quite often. One of my vendors that I use often, keeps a 5 year record of my purchase orders so I can quickly see the higher costs brought to you by Bidenomics. The real ball buster is the increase in freight charges
some of the orders I am paying double freight from pre Biden. One of them used to pass on their shipping discounts, they obviously no longer do that.
Old 02-21-2024, 01:56 PM   #72
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
It is not governments job to provide you or anyone else with cheep labor, unsustainable aspects of a sector have been offset by welfare and safety nets picking up the tab for what employees are not paid in a living wage. This should not be and to expect for government to keep you in business is absurd just as it is for restaurateurs or any other sector. The successful in restaurant business are those whose standards excel in all areas to become best in class. Over 50 % fail and it is the nature of the business. Labor costs percentage being 90 % of your business suggests safety nets set aside for Americans are being used to pay your employees more than you do when best in class standards apply to taking care of people not inside a hospital. How many are publicized in what you do with a percentage associated going out of business? So people do not have to go to a restaurant but those who can not go home have to go someplace. So please tell us who meets and exceeds what you do to excel in your sector.

How do you know what Tucker pays his employees? You are making a lot of assumptions. Also Tucker does not own a restaurant, Ralph does. Why are you talking about restaurants?
Old 02-21-2024, 03:50 PM   #73
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
How do you know what Tucker pays his employees? You are making a lot of assumptions. Also Tucker does not own a restaurant, Ralph does. Why are you talking about restaurants?
Thank you. I was going to respond but since my post sailed over his head, what would be my point. I guess the only reply to him is to suggest that over the last four years, the govt all by themselves created the wage pressures we see today through free money giveaways, child tax credits, extra unemployment, etc. I've literally had people quit because the govt paid them more to sit on their asses than work for me. I don't blame the employee. I blame Uncle Sam. That is why I said I wish more in govt had business experience. If they did, they would understand economics on the micro scale at which businesses operate, and maybe not do so many stupid things that screw things up. Just like the senate candidate in CA saying she supports $50/hour minimum wage. Get the F outta here with that. That's $104,000 annual wage for a burger flipper. And she is running for the senate!
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2024, 03:58 PM   #74
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
It is all about business acumen and working with what is needed. A restaurant fails with a 50 % rate, sure location, business acumen and food the % of the business I know nothing about. But those who are best in class are on the other side of the fail rate. In all business owners are all subject to being sued and when investigations are done people who work for the business are most often ones called to be a witness. Best in class helps big time is staying out of trouble. A business that its costs are 90 % in labor has more potential to be in trouble with best in class and everything else. That is why I asked what makes his business meet and exceed expectations of customers and employees in his sector. The news sector is facing very real downsizing right now, is it that the business model no longer supports everything it used to or is everything changing so fast people value other than what networks provide. By the way Tucker opened the door to restaurants as an example. And by all accounts Tucker can field my post good or better than your comments.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2024, 06:47 PM   #75
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:

My payroll when I first bought the franchise in 2018 was 32k every two weeks.

Now: just a hair under 45k. We are the highest paid in our company.......but we also have very little turnover now, compared to 2018. I also do car loans etc for tenured employees and have actually paid for a funeral or two. Just last month one of my employees was getting evicted, she is an18 yr old waitress, who lived at home with older parents with no social security because dad is illegal and worked under the table for 30 yrs. Mom is only 60 but actually lost her Mcdonalds job when they automated a local franchise. We found them an apartment, (with help from other employees we networked like crazy) near the restaurant and set them up with what they needed. Hired mom, who has turned out to be an outstanding addition. you have to do more and maintain relationships.

The quality of my employees and the turnover healed some after all the covid money finally ran out.

Last edited by JustRalph; 02-21-2024 at 06:52 PM.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply