Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-15-2023, 08:44 AM   #1
kyle r

Is Everything You Believe a Lie

We know they lie about the history of Man and civilization. Which is very weird, because….why? Who does it profit? In what way? What are they hiding? Evolution? I’ve never been a God man, but macro evolution is obviously unproven at best, yet it permeates human thought. More recent history? The best we can say about that is that it is “a lie agreed upon.” Every war engaged in by the US government was proceeded by a false flag operation and massive propaganda campaign. None of this is taught and the mass of people are completely ignorant of the fact. Health, disease, medical “science?” Allopathic medicine is the creation of two robber barons - Rockefeller and Carnegie. They destroyed and even criminalized all forms of alternative and natural healing modalities. “Quack,” they explained. Creating a disease focused industry best described as “cut, burn and poison” At the heart of that evil monstrosity, the normal practice of which results in many hundreds of thousands of iatrogenic deaths each year is the fiction of virology. No virus has been, nor seemingly can be found in nature. Not even in the sickest man, woman or beast supposedly teaming with zombie RNA. Where do the lies end? What is it you think you know that will stand up to sincere scrutiny? Do you recognize that truth demands scrutiny? Is true scrutiny allowed and encouraged by the powers that be? These are not rhetorical questions. I would like to hear your answers.
kyle r is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2023, 09:11 AM   #2
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle r View Post
We know they lie about the history of Man and civilization. Which is very weird, because….why? Who does it profit? In what way? What are they hiding? Evolution? I’ve never been a God man, but macro evolution is obviously unproven at best, yet it permeates human thought. More recent history? The best we can say about that is that it is “a lie agreed upon.” Every war engaged in by the US government was proceeded by a false flag operation and massive propaganda campaign. None of this is taught and the mass of people are completely ignorant of the fact. Health, disease, medical “science?” Allopathic medicine is the creation of two robber barons - Rockefeller and Carnegie. They destroyed and even criminalized all forms of alternative and natural healing modalities. “Quack,” they explained. Creating a disease focused industry best described as “cut, burn and poison” At the heart of that evil monstrosity, the normal practice of which results in many hundreds of thousands of iatrogenic deaths each year is the fiction of virology. No virus has been, nor seemingly can be found in nature. Not even in the sickest man, woman or beast supposedly teaming with zombie RNA. Where do the lies end? What is it you think you know that will stand up to sincere scrutiny? Do you recognize that truth demands scrutiny? Is true scrutiny allowed and encouraged by the powers that be? These are not rhetorical questions. I would like to hear your answers.
Since you asked, I'll tell: The truth claims of the Divinely Inspired Eternal Word of God (a/k/a the bible) have withstood the tests of time. As far as I'm concerned, only the bible shines its beacon of absolute truth into this dark and evil world.
Old 06-15-2023, 09:22 AM   #3
thaskalos

Everything is just “opinion”…

As a single parent, while raising my son alone, I often felt the need to give him some guidance in his life…some “useful” advice which might lead him to a better life than he would otherwise have. After much contemplation…I discovered, to my considerable surprise, that there was nothing meaningful that I could tell him which wasn’t just an opinion that I had borrowed, in one way or another, from someone else. There was virtually nothing concrete that I could find in my own life’s “philosophy” whose credibility I could honestly say that I had verified on my own.

So…I decided that the best thing to do was to support him, protect him, and make sure that he gets a good formal education which would help him in getting a decent job. I didn’t feel that those unverified “opinions” that I have borrowed from other people deserved to live on any longer than I am supposed to live…I felt that those opinions should die with me. Because passing my beliefs on to him might find him following in my footsteps…and I wish him a lot more than that.
Old 06-15-2023, 09:30 AM   #4
kyle r

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Since you asked, I'll tell: The truth claims of the Divinely Inspired Eternal Word of God (a/k/a the bible) have withstood the tests of time. As far as I'm concerned, only the bible shines its beacon of absolute truth into this dark and evil world.
So, nothing besides your faith. And that of course, cannot be scrutinized by others. I share some common ground. Good and evil seem self-evident. Transcendence and the promise and sense of some kind of eternal home are among my experiences. As to Christianity itself, the evidence seems overwhelming that it is born as a subversive vehicle to convert the pagan masses toward weakening and toppling Rome. That no historical evidence exists that we know of confirming the actual life of the central character; that that character shares characteristics with The Sun - hence the appeal to pagan thought, as does the blood magic sacrifice (echoing the story of the scapegoat) that anchors the narrative.
Old 06-15-2023, 09:37 AM   #5
kyle r

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
As a single parent, while raising my son alone, I often felt the need to give him some guidance in his life…some “useful” advice which might lead him to a better life than he would otherwise have. After much contemplation…I discovered, to my considerable surprise, that there was nothing meaningful that I could tell him which wasn’t just an opinion that I had borrowed, in one way or another, from someone else. There was virtually nothing concrete that I could find in my own life’s “philosophy” whose credibility I could honestly say that I had verified on my own.

So…I decided that the best thing to do was to support him, protect him, and make sure that he gets a good formal education which would help him in getting a decent job. I didn’t feel that those unverified “opinions” that I have borrowed from other people deserved to live on any longer than I am supposed to live…I felt that those opinions should die with me. Because passing my beliefs on to him might find him following in my footsteps…and I wish him a lot more than that.
I think your approach was right. How to think is really the important thing. And the imperative that one must think for oneself, eschewing the amoral road of the order follower.
Old 06-15-2023, 10:07 AM   #6
porchy44

Did jesus Exist?

Quote:
........... As to Christianity itself, the evidence seems overwhelming that it is born as a subversive vehicle to convert the pagan masses toward weakening and toppling Rome. That no historical evidence exists that we know of confirming the actual life of the central character; that that character shares characteristics with The Sun - hence the appeal to pagan thought, as does the blood magic sacrifice (echoing the story of the scapegoat) that anchors the narrative.
John Dominic Crossan, who co-founded the skeptical Jesus Seminar, denies that Jesus rose from the dead but not that he was an historical person. He writes, “That [Jesus] was crucified is as sure as anything historical can ever be”.

Bart D. Ehrman is an agnostic who is forthright in his rejection of mythicism. Ehrman teaches at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and is widely regarded as an expert on the New Testament documents. He writes, “The view that Jesus existed is held by virtually every expert on the planet”

What is the original source, not the book or YouTube video, but the original source that describes these pagan gods being like Jesus?
porchy44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2023, 10:36 AM   #7
Richie

Quote:

and i am just the opposite as you, i gave my kids the bible, religion, education, conservatism. I gave them everything "concrete" that changed my life. I feel those opinions (facts to me) should not die with me, of course they can do what they want with it. It appears they are doing good.
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2023, 10:56 AM   #8
kyle r

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchy44 View Post
John Dominic Crossan, who co-founded the skeptical Jesus Seminar, denies that Jesus rose from the dead but not that he was an historical person. He writes, “That [Jesus] was crucified is as sure as anything historical can ever be”.

Bart D. Ehrman is an agnostic who is forthright in his rejection of mythicism. Ehrman teaches at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and is widely regarded as an expert on the New Testament documents. He writes, “The view that Jesus existed is held by virtually every expert on the planet”

What is the original source, not the book or YouTube video, but the original source that describes these pagan gods being like Jesus?
Let’s see if we can find a point of agreement. Do we agree that there is a war of good and evil being waged and humanity is the target? And do we agree that the primary weapon/calling card of Evil is the lie? And that our only defense is Truth?
Old 06-15-2023, 11:18 AM   #9
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Everything is not a lie, but it is a conspiracy!
Old 06-15-2023, 11:20 AM   #10
thaskalos

Quote:
Let’s see if we can find a point of agreement. Do we agree that there is a war of good and evil being waged and humanity is the target? And do we agree that the primary weapon/calling card of Evil is the lie? And that our only defense is Truth?
These are loaded questions which lead down deep rabbit holes...IMO. There can be no widespread agreement on what is "good", "evil", "lie", or the "Truth"...with a capital "T".
Old 06-15-2023, 11:22 AM   #11
kyle r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Everything is not a lie, but it is a conspiracy!
Tell me three big, important, widely held beliefs that are true in that they can withstand scrutiny that you can defend?
Old 06-15-2023, 11:35 AM   #12
thaskalos

Quote:
Tell me three big, important, widely held beliefs that are true in that they can withstand scrutiny that you can defend?
1. Educate yourself as much as you can.

2. Save your money because it will come in handy later.

3. Don’t waste your time because time is precious.
Old 06-15-2023, 12:01 PM   #13
dnlgfnk

Any truth will be in accord with human nature. The experience of our existence reveals (at least to me and my loved ones) that the principle of the universe, of life is the desire to offer and receive love.

The Early Fathers of Christianity weren't drawing from paganism, they were Christianizing immature, pagan attempts at truth and meaning of existence, which were all material. They drew from Classical Greek philosophy. The "Logos" i.e., (universal understanding, intelligence and harmony) necessarily was personified in the Christ.

Their metaphysics (Aristotle, et.al.) was/is the foundational understanding of the world, ceding ground increasingly in the Early Modern period to the fascination of Descartes, Bacon, et.al., with mathematical descriptions of reality, through the current age (scientism).

Contrasted with Eastern Philosophy on the question of suffering alone, for me and mine love will always require a gift of self, often requiring suffering, an integral understanding of Christianity. In the East, this very suffering presents itself due to our desires, if I understand, and must be avoided through the pursuit of Enlightenment.

The "agape" love described by Christianity doesn't seem obtainable through the process of evolution. It would stop way short at something like altruism or empathy, due to local maxima. Genetic hill climbing doesn't seek perfection, but merely the next best fitness for adaptability and reproduction.

Rene Girard was one of the most prolific experts on scapegoating. He reverted to Catholicism after concluding that the Gospels were the first case in literature of the scapegoat (Christ) being undeserving of his fate.
Old 06-15-2023, 12:30 PM   #14
boxcar

Quote:
So, nothing besides your faith. And that of course, cannot be scrutinized by others. I share some common ground. Good and evil seem self-evident. Transcendence and the promise and sense of some kind of eternal home are among my experiences. As to Christianity itself, the evidence seems overwhelming that it is born as a subversive vehicle to convert the pagan masses toward weakening and toppling Rome. That no historical evidence exists that we know of confirming the actual life of the central character; that that character shares characteristics with The Sun - hence the appeal to pagan thought, as does the blood magic sacrifice (echoing the story of the scapegoat) that anchors the narrative.
But the Object of my faith is Everything! And there is plenty of historical evidence in and out of scripture that Jesus existed. And I know experientially that Christ lives because the Holy Spirit lives in me.

Also, the pagan world always perverted the truth, so we should not be surprised when they substitute their sun for the Son of God and also pervert the God-ordained sacrifices. etc.. However, all those sacrifices that were ordained under the Law of Moses were but types and shadows of the the ultimate, eternal, once-for-all sacrifice of God's only begotten Son for the forgiveness of sins. God's holiness and righteousness would not permit him to exercise mercy toward sinners at the expense of justice. Justice had to be satisfied first!

As far as that overwhelming evidence are you talking about the kind of prophetic evidence that exists in Daniel 2? In Daniel chapter 2 we read of king Nebuchadnezzar's dream of a colossus. You can read the dream and the Daniel's interpretation for yourself if you want but I will just quote a small part and my interpretation.

The colossus was this giant statue consisting of four parts (the number 4 itself being an important biblical number): a head of gold, chest and arms of silver, belly and thighs of bronze, its legs of iron, its feet partly of iron partly of backed clay.

The four different metals represented four empires in this order: Babylon, Mede-Persia, Greece and Rome. These four empires, all of which came into existence during the Jewish Age of the OT, would one day fall to be replaced by another kingdom. This kingdom would be a spiritual, invisible, universal kingdom that would fill the earth.

Dan 2:44-45
44 "In the time of those [four] kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever. 45 This is the meaning of the vision of the rock cut out of a mountain, but not by human hands — a rock that broke the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver and the gold to pieces.

"The great God has shown the king what will take place in the future. The dream is true and the interpretation is trustworthy."

NIV

The "rock" that is talked about is none other than The Rock of Ages -- it's Christ (1Cor 10:1-5). And the kingdom is the Kingdom of God/Heaven which is comprised of Christ's universal Church -- the Church that is in virtually every nation on the earth. Christ gave his disciples the Great Commission which was to preach the gospel of the kingdom to every nation, and that has been in the process since the first century.
Old 06-15-2023, 12:38 PM   #15
boxcar

Quote:
These are loaded questions which lead down deep rabbit holes...IMO. There can be no widespread agreement on what is "good", "evil", "lie", or the "Truth"...with a capital "T".
You obviously don't believe in the existence of Absolute Truth. For what you just stated above cannot possibly be absolutely true, can it? "There can be no widespread agreement..." In other words, we can't know. Wow! How encouraging, how comforting is your self-defeating agnosticism.