Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 07-09-2023, 03:40 PM   #1
Equifan

BetPTC shutterd - good luck getting refunded

Waaay back I signed on to BetPTC -- mostly because of the positive reviews here and elsewhere.
Fast forward to a wagering snafu that was technocally my fault for not paying attention of which tracks they were no longer accepting but still appeared in the drop-down.

So........ decided to take the bulk of my my funds elsewhere. After several emails and a phone call or two, I finally get a check issued, received and cashed. (no ACH for me thank you very much).

I left just enoiugh seed in the account to keep it open.

June 26th 2023 I get the email announcing BetPTC closing. and instructions to withdraw the balance. I first sent an email from a hotmail account. No response/acknowledgement, but it didn't bounce. A couple of days later I decided to copy/paste that message and send from my "registered" accont email, just in case. I addressed the email to info@betpc.com with CC to rich.nilsen@betpc.com (AKA Premier Turf Club)

Subsequently postmaster advises that this email has been delayed (twice) and finally a message yesterday that it was undeliverable.

Not enough dollars involved to waste much time on but figured I'd share.
Your mileage may vary
Equifan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2023, 03:44 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

The email address you posted above is missing a T...maybe that's why it bounced?

Anyway...here is their page on their website explaining...looks like you can only withdraw via AHC...

https://betptc.com/client-ui/betptc/...8ebd637106641c

Looks like they will still exist, with the same staff...at this address:

https://PointsBetRacing.com
Old 07-11-2023, 09:14 AM   #3
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I had no issue at all getting my funds, they were in my account within a day or two.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2023, 02:19 PM   #4
OverlayHunter

Automatic Refund

The BetPTC Customer Service phone number is 877-880-0588 (no need to press "3").

The message details the situation and specifically says that if you don't have ACH with them (as I don't), they will automatically send remaining balances via check around July 31st.
OverlayHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2023, 04:29 PM   #5
OverlayHunter

FWIW, shortly before my post above related to the Customer Service message, I had sent BetPTC an email of concern because the written information on the site did not mention checks.

I just received a reply to the email I sent them (very good response time, a little over 2 hours). This was Todd's reply:

"Sorry you missed the communications until now, but we have been notifying our customers for over a month that BetPTC.com was closing for wagering on 6/30 and that customers could still access their accounts until 7/17 for withdrawing remaining funds via ACH (if they had that set up prior to 6/30), and to download their account history and W2Gs.

We will send checks to everyone that still has a balance as of 7/17. We're not holding anyone's funds."
OverlayHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-13-2023, 05:40 PM   #6
djm1959

the can have my 88 cents
djm1959 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply