Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 307 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:12 PM   #11776
Actor
Librocubicularist

Last edited by Actor; 04-18-2014 at 11:17 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:16 PM   #11777
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor
So, you worship physicists, too, eh?

Boxcar
Old 04-18-2014, 11:26 PM   #11778
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor
No, I did not. I asked why God did not intervene in my de-conversion. I.e., why didn't God intervene in His own behalf?

According to Christianity, God wants something. Since God's supposedly omnipotent, what God wants, God gets. He wants people to believe in Him. The simple way to accomplish that is to simply reveal Himself, to everyone, not just some shepherd in the desert via a burning bush, or some guy who got lost in the desert and ate some ergot. But does He do that? No. He hides from the world. He reveals Himself to only a few, some of them obvious charlatans, then goes into hiding for millennia. On top of that the only record He leaves of His revelations is an ancient text of dubious authenticity. To question the text makes one a "heretic" and a "reprobate." To not question the text one has to be gullible or an idiot or both.

Conclusion, God wants only gullible idiots in heaven.

If God truly wants people, other than gullible idiots, to believe in Him then it's obvious that His plan is terribly flawed.

So let me rephrase the question. If God really wanted me to believe, why did He not make me a gullible idiot?
You'll find out just how "flawed" when you breathe your last.

Boxcar
P.S. And what makes you think you're not a "gullible idiot"? You believe in evolution and a big firecracker that blew up somewhere, etc., right? Thus far, it appears that God has appointed you for your doom (1Pet 2:8; Jude 4; Rom 9:22)
Old 04-18-2014, 11:30 PM   #11779
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
And the same thing could be said about Jesus. He came among us as God incarnate...but his divinity was largely rejected...and he ended up nailed on a cross. As he was dying on the cross...the Roman soldiers mocked him, and kept egging him on to prove that he was the son of God by coming down from the cross. But Jesus died on the cross like a man. And when he resurrected himself three days later...did he take a walk down to the marketplace so the masses could see him...and he could prove conclusively that he indeed "beat the grave"? No...he chose instead to appear only to his closest disciples...whose opinion of him was already heavily biased.

Ok...let's say that he couldn't get down off the cross...because the plan was for him to die a violent death so he could wash off the sins of mankind. But why not appear in front of the masses after his resurrection...if his motive was to be believed as the son of God and the only savior of man?
You need to pay attention better. He didn't "appear" before the masses for a host of reasons, the chief being that he didn't come to save all humanity.
And he didn't come to save every person in the world because God did not make a covenant with every person in the world. And thirdly, because even if he appeared before the masses, they still would not have believed.

Boxcar
Old 04-18-2014, 11:32 PM   #11780
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
Mr. Chaos......what in the world is your point and your problem? And by the way, is this what you say in front of your 6th grade students? You're talking to very wise and discerning mature adults here.......patience is fading....
He can't help himself. He just another antichrist. Leave him be.

Boxcar
Old 04-18-2014, 11:36 PM   #11781
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
So, you worship physicists, too, eh?

Boxcar
I am a physicist!
Old 04-18-2014, 11:44 PM   #11782
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
You believe in evolution and a big firecracker that blew up somewhere, etc., right?
Evidence, evidence, evidence!!! And the training to interpret it.

So far my prophecy that you would not respond to my forensic evidence post #11720 has come true. Afraid to answer that, aren't you.

If you had been on the jury would you have voted not-guilty?

Last edited by Actor; 04-18-2014 at 11:47 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:06 AM   #11783
thaskalos

Quote:
Mr. Chaos......what in the world is your point and your problem? And by the way, is this what you say in front of your 6th grade students? You're talking to very wise and discerning mature adults here.......patience is fading....
Where are they? I must have missed them.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:01 AM   #11784
hcap

Quote:
Mature people do not reject rationality as "junk science"

Why don't you tell us how thinking the universe is 6,000 years old is justified? After all this time boxcar can not. I would think believing any one who believes such superstitions as that and Noah's Ark, should NOT dare tell us all about cosmic truths -----and persist in foolish erroneous misinterpretations of all religions, including his own. Boxcar is a very poor proponent of god and Christianity.

Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

“To study the way of the Buddha is to study oneself. To study oneself is to forget oneself. To forget oneself is to be enlightened by everything.”

Old 04-19-2014, 01:00 PM   #11785
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
Mature people do not reject rationality as "junk science"

Why don't you tell us how thinking the universe is 6,000 years old is justified? After all this time boxcar can not. I would think believing any one who believes such superstitions as that and Noah's Ark, should NOT dare tell us all about cosmic truths -----and persist in foolish erroneous misinterpretations of all religions, including his own. Boxcar is a very poor proponent of god and Christianity.

Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

“To study the way of the Buddha is to study oneself. To study oneself is to forget oneself. To forget oneself is to be enlightened by everything.”

Can't you tell when you are being baited, Hcap? Very wise and mature adults like Mr Randall have nothing of substance to share with us; they are just hit-and-run artists...whose ammunition is only the amusing soundbites that they've, no doubt, stolen from someone else.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:01 PM   #11786
hcap

What's the bait?

Acting dumb? I admit hard to resist

Hey Replay, wana run that by us again?
Old 04-19-2014, 03:07 PM   #11787
Light
Veteran

If your God is within, then time is irrelevant to your experience of God. The age of the Earth or other scientific facts are also irrelevant to your internal experience of God.

If your God is external, then you have no internal legs to stand up on and must rely on external crutches such as the the Earth being only 6000 years old and be in denial of scientific facts.

I follow the first paragraph, but do not condemn those who follow the 2nd paragraph because their intentions for the most part are true and will they will eventually find their way.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:10 PM   #11788
fast4522

Everyone's god is the same one unless you are with Lucifer.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:15 PM   #11789
Light
Veteran

I disagree. The God in this world is clearly money and it takes precedence over peoples lives.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:37 PM   #11790
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
I disagree. The God in this world is clearly money and it takes precedence over peoples lives.
That's only an opinion shared by non-believers which in the larger scheme of things, doesn't mean shit.
Closed Thread