Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-06-2018, 04:06 PM   #1
tucker6

#WINNING

What a great day for America. We have another Constitutional justice on the Supreme Court. By 50-48, Kavanaugh was confirmed. Especially delicious was hearing the incessant whining from the gallery during the vote. It's a good look for Democrats if you support the GOP.

A booming economy. Better trade deals. Two new justices. A rollback on the economic straight jacket caused by enormous regulations. A more intelligent environmental policy. NK is at the table for the first time.

The wall will come and immigration reform will happen as well. Iran's theocracy will tumble with time and we are on the correct path there.

Life is sweet.

Last edited by tucker6; 10-06-2018 at 04:09 PM.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2018, 04:26 PM   #2
thaskalos

Life is FABULOUS! Now that Trump has put our country back on the right path, I find myself sleeping like a BABY at night. And, when the alarm clock wakes me at dawn...I jump out of bed while being carried away by a new wave of enthusiasm and optimism for the future, which I don't remember ever feeling before. Great days INDEED!

Last edited by thaskalos; 10-06-2018 at 04:28 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2018, 04:33 PM   #3
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Life is FABULOUS! Now that Trump has put our country back on the right path, I find myself sleeping like a BABY at night. And, when the alarm clock wakes me at dawn...I jump out of bed while being carried away by a new wave of enthusiasm and optimism for the future, which I don't remember ever feeling before. Great days INDEED!
Cool beans.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2018, 04:49 PM   #4
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Cool sarcasm.

You should detail all the bad stuff that has happened to you and yours since Trump came to town.
Old 10-06-2018, 04:55 PM   #5
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Cool sarcasm.

You should detail all the bad stuff that has happened to you and yours since Trump came to town.
Taxes have gone up due to SALT?
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2018, 05:11 PM   #6
tucker6

Quote:
You are my hero.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2018, 05:13 PM   #7
thaskalos

Quote:
Cool sarcasm.

I am fortunate enough to have largely insulated myself from the side-effects of the U.S. President, and his Supreme Court...and I sincerely hope that the rest of the PA posters are equally fortunate. What we are seeing today is nothing that we haven't seen before. These "great economic recovery" cycles come unannounced...and they usually bring with them "record-setting" economic indicators. But...the only sure thing that can be said about them is that they are of a temporary nature. When the citizens ask the question: "What will the economy do?"...IMO, the correct answer is: "it will fluctuate".

Yes...the politicians often say that they will "Make America Great Again". But...what is good for the "country", isn't necessarily good for the citizens at large.

Last edited by thaskalos; 10-06-2018 at 05:25 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2018, 05:35 PM   #8
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
How many times in years of the Obama administration did you ask this of the righties?

But hey, your logic is sound.. unless bad stuff has personally happened to you as a result of a presidency, you have no right to criticize or have issues with.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2018, 05:44 PM   #9
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
How many times in years of the Obama administration did you ask this of the righties?

But hey, your logic is sound.. unless bad stuff has personally happened to you as a result of a presidency, you have no right to criticize or have issues with.

WE didn't whine, bitch, moan, and act like 7 year olds in the cereal aisle of the grocery store when we didn't get what we wanted.

We also didn't scream Armageddon and people will die with every waking moment of the Obama administration.

You know what we did? We went about our lives and went to work to support our families and children. We knew we lived in America and the 'shit' wasn't all that bad and we can elect others to do better.

Dems think they are smarter. Reality is, you are just way more emotional and can't deal with reality.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2018, 06:13 PM   #10
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:

Didn't have to ask - we reported it regularly.

Hey Danny, see if you find some more cool, useless facts like on e youpost in the other thread...you know, you feeble attempt so somehow regain some dignity.
Old 10-06-2018, 06:18 PM   #11
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

I was WAY MORE fair with Obama than you have ever been for only 1 minute with Trump.

Never said people didn't have the right to criticize, even if things are going well.

Just curious what is behind the statement. All these folks who desperately want to see Trump gone, and declare how horrible he is for the country and the world at large, I'm curious to hear these earth-shattering events that have led to these opinions.

Things seem to be going pretty well, on the surface at least. The world is humming along, there's been some calmness established in some hotspots...the economy is humming along...job numbers (whether fake or not) are RELATIVELY very strong (if they are indeed fake...it's still relative to Obama's fake numbers).

Results matter, actually. It's not all twitter and crassness and personality (which are some of the main critiques these days).

People can excuse that, especially if the actual IMPORTANT stuff is moving along nicely.
Old 10-06-2018, 06:24 PM   #12
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
People can excuse that, especially if the actual IMPORTANT stuff is moving along nicely.
And some people can't. Your whole rationale is it doesn't matter that a steaming pile is president, because the country hasn't imploded.

But a lot of people still don't like the smell.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2018, 06:31 PM   #13
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot2947.jpg (26.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-06-2018, 06:34 PM   #14
elysiantraveller

Taxes... went up because of SALT.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2018, 06:39 PM   #15
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Taxes... went up because of SALT.
You should be OK with this, because that only really affects relatively affluent folks living in nice houses in nice neighborhoods...and nobody cares about the rich.

What it will do is provoke more people to move out of hellhole tax states like NY....