Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-01-2024, 05:09 PM   #121
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Biden has been vilified on this board, and so was Obama previously. But the truth is that this country was never in worst shape than it was when GW Bush was president. Under Bush, we were attacked by terrorists in the worst possible way, we suffered the worst economic collapse since the Great Depression…and we were taken to war under false pretenses. All this happened under GW Bush’s watch…and the prevailing opinion here was that Bush was “just a good ole boy who loved America”.

Arguably Bush could control neither the 9/11 attack nor the economic collapse. Biden, on the other hand, has had a direct involvement in just about every bad thing that is going on today.

Leadership isn't just about trying to prevent bad things from happening. It's about resolving issues after bad things have happened.
Old 03-01-2024, 05:46 PM   #122
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Arguably Bush could control neither the 9/11 attack nor the economic collapse. Biden, on the other hand, has had a direct involvement in just about every bad thing that is going on today.

Leadership isn't just about trying to prevent bad things from happening. It's about resolving issues after bad things have happened.

From what I heard whomever should have been investigating suspicious behavior was not doing it. The FBI seems to excel at investigating mass murders after they happen but no good at preventing many of them.

What about the report of one of the terrorists taking flying lessons and not being interested in learning to land? If that does not set off warning bells, what does?
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2024, 05:48 PM   #123
thaskalos

Quote:

You can’t be serious. Biden can’t remember the name of his wife, or the name of the city that he is speaking from…and you are giving him credit for having “direct involvement” in every bad thing that’s going on today? I hope you are joking.

Last edited by thaskalos; 03-01-2024 at 05:52 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2024, 05:50 PM   #124
fast4522

Quote:

I believe the fact came out that 9/11 was a plan for some years, the fail was not knowing the plan.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2024, 01:21 PM   #125
AndyC

Quote:
You can’t be serious. Biden can’t remember the name of his wife, or the name of the city that he is speaking from…and you are giving him credit for having “direct involvement” in every bad thing that’s going on today? I hope you are joking.

I am giving his administration credit.

Should I assume that you agree with all of the policies implemented by the Biden administration? Or are you someone who doesn't care what happens so long as your wallet is full and your house has increased in value?
Old 03-02-2024, 01:53 PM   #126
xtb

Quote:
A president really can't get more directly involved in EO's and legislation than signing his name to them, which Joe does gleefully. Whether he fully understands what he is doing is debatable. If Joe had gone and stayed at his beach house for the last 3 years and never signed anything, our country would be much better off.
Old 03-02-2024, 03:06 PM   #127
thaskalos

Quote:
I am giving his administration credit.

Should I assume that you agree with all of the policies implemented by the Biden administration? Or are you someone who doesn't care what happens so long as your wallet is full and your house has increased in value?
As I said before...the things that are out of my control must also be out of my concern. I'm too old to solve the country's problems...and I refuse to go to my grave disgruntled. The politicians have their agenda...and I must adhere to my own. The law of nature is "survival of the fittest".
Old 03-02-2024, 03:08 PM   #128
thaskalos

Some time ago I told the posters here to buy bitcoin at $10,000. I hope a couple of the people here listened to me.
Old 03-02-2024, 06:23 PM   #129
garyscpa

Quote:
Some time ago I told the posters here to buy bitcoin at $10,000. I hope a couple of the people here listened to me.
So tell us when to sell it.
garyscpa is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2024, 06:41 PM   #130
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyscpa View Post
So tell us when to sell it.
You sell when bitcoin gets to $500,000.

And I’m not kidding.

Last edited by thaskalos; 03-02-2024 at 06:42 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2024, 05:17 PM   #131
AndyC

Quote:
As I said before...the things that are out of my control must also be out of my concern. I'm too old to solve the country's problems...and I refuse to go to my grave disgruntled. The politicians have their agenda...and I must adhere to my own. The law of nature is "survival of the fittest".

Why would someone with no concern involve himself in a discussion of something he has no concern with?
Old 03-03-2024, 05:29 PM   #132
thaskalos

Quote:
Why would someone with no concern involve himself in a discussion of something he has no concern with?
I have too much idle time on my hands...and I don't golf.
Old 03-03-2024, 07:35 PM   #133
AndyC

Quote:

Touché.
Old 03-04-2024, 01:08 AM   #134
ElKabong

Quote:
I knew you were evil....
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2024, 05:48 AM   #135
davew

Nikki Haley WINS in Washington DC and gets 19 delegates
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply