Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-24-2019, 04:56 AM   #1
RunForTheRoses

Kentucky Derby Straight From the Horses Mouth

Sorta funny:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...-by-the-horses
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2019, 08:55 AM   #2
098poi

That's kind of funny. Some of it is probably true. They have to be thinking, "Everybody's running so we must be going somewhere".
098poi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2019, 09:48 AM   #3
bobphilo

i love to anthropomorphize and put words in a horses mouth or mind. When I trained dogs I would try to figure out what the dog was thinking from his point of view.
I can imagine when horses are going into the gate thinking: "What's this BS, I thought I was going to run and instead they stick me inside this box and then they call me a head case when I object". Some might think: "I remember, this happens right before I get to run, so it's cool" Others don't see any logical connection between running and getting shoved inside a box: "Just let me run". The bell rings and the gate opens. "Whats with the loud bell. Must be a fire, I'm outta here". Others: I've been here before, just another false alarm. At least the gate is open so I finally get to run" Front-runners think: "Hey I'm faster than you guys. Eat my dust". Mid pack runners. "Hey, remember were herd animals guys. Just stick together." Closers: I could run just as fast as you guys but this midget on my back keeps holding me back. I'll show you later. In the stretch, all think: "Ah I finally I get to do what I love. Just wish this little sadist on my back would stop hitting me." Winners: I'm finally doing my thing but I hear some dope yelling, 'He knows where the finish line is'. "What the hell is a finish line?" I'm just a horse, I don't understand the abstract human concept of an invisible line that's supposed to mean I win. Silly humans"
Race over: "Just get me back to the barn. They gave me some junk that made me pee like a racehorse, took away my water and then made me sweat like a pig from running a race. I need a drink. Too bad I never get alcohol, though I know my Irish cousins get Guinness".

Last edited by bobphilo; 05-24-2019 at 09:51 AM.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2019, 11:58 AM   #4
RunForTheRoses

LOL

War of Will: You know how when you’re running for a while your mind wanders? Well, this is kind of embarrassing, but I had just heard this joke the day before, and I decide to tell it to this one horse in front of me, the one leading everyone. I say, “Hey! Hey!” And he says, “What?” But, like, kind of annoyed. And I go, “Why the long face?” Now, I think it’s hilarious, but he says, “Seriously?” And that’s when he put his butt in my face.
Maximum Security: I may have put my butt in his face. But it wasn’t intentional. I was trying to get away from him, like at a party when you’re, like, “Oh, I see someone I know.”
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2019, 12:28 PM   #5
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobphilo View Post
I would try to figure out what the dog was thinking from his point of view.
I like to watch the maidens getting saddled in the paddock. Some of them have this certain look on their faces and in their eyes. Like they don't even know they're going to be IN a race. LOL Some look kinda scared of all the other horses and commotion of onlookers, etc.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2019, 12:54 PM   #6
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
I like to watch the maidens getting saddled in the paddock. Some of them have this certain look on their faces and in their eyes. Like they don't even know they're going to be IN a race. LOL Some look kinda scared of all the other horses and commotion of onlookers, etc.
My favorite was the Japanese horse Lani who was here for the Triple Crown races. He would always act up and I'm guessing he must have gotten the scent of fillies and mares who were lead ponys or outriders mounts because he'd get a big erection. I bet he's doing real well at stud. .
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2019, 04:13 PM   #7
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobphilo View Post
My favorite was the Japanese horse Lani who was here for the Triple Crown races. He would always act up and I'm guessing he must have gotten the scent of fillies and mares who were lead ponys or outriders mounts because he'd get a big erection. I bet he's doing real well at stud. .
Many of those Tapits are hard to deal with in the first place, and many of them are head cases.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply