Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-03-2015, 10:42 AM   #1
Kash$
Veteran

Older male Liams Map vs Honor Code?

Who wins older male Honor Code or Liams Map?
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2015, 10:47 AM   #2
Spalding No!

Why aren't they contesting the Cigar Mile along with Private Zone to figure it out?

Oh, yeah, don't want to disrupt the stud plans.

If the requirement is a pair of top class wins this year, I'll take Shared Belief.

Or give it to The Pizza Man or something.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2015, 10:52 AM   #3
Bigadam119

Hard not to like Private Zone, he brought it every race this year. Liked the Run Happy story on Saturday now looking at it really with Private Zone would have held on.
Bigadam119 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2015, 11:15 AM   #4
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I'm with Spalding. Unambitious campaigns for both. I mean Honor Code ran in the Kelso on the same day as the JCGC, and that gets rewarded? Lame. Same with Liam's Map ducking the Classic AND not going in the Cigar Mile. Lame.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2015, 11:20 AM   #5
Kash$
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I'm with Spalding. Unambitious campaigns for both. I mean Honor Code ran in the Kelso on the same day as the JCGC, and that gets rewarded? Lame. Same with Liam's Map ducking the Classic AND not going in the Cigar Mile. Lame.
Your vote?
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2015, 12:06 PM   #6
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash$
Your vote?
Shared Belief, Big Blue Kitten, anybody but them. I'm not saying one of the two in the thread title won't win, just hate seeing that kind of scheduling rewarded.
Old 11-03-2015, 01:03 PM   #7
ronsmac

Although he took the easy way out, Liam's Map ran 3 of the most impressive races I've seen all year. I give it to him, hands down.Honor code wasn't even competitive in his last two races. He never looked like a winner.

Last edited by ronsmac; 11-03-2015 at 01:10 PM.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2015, 07:06 PM   #8
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

I’d vote for Liam's Map. His win in the Breeders Cup dirt mile was electrifying, a man among boys. It’s not like he skipped the entire Breeders Cup – at least he showed up.

Although the east coast biased will never be the same. Here is the Woodward winner ducking the BCC because he’s afraid of a west coast mare and west coast 3YrOld!
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2015, 07:18 PM   #9
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard
I’d vote for Liam's Map. His win in the Breeders Cup dirt mile was electrifying, a man among boys. It’s not like he skipped the entire Breeders Cup – at least he showed up.

Although the east coast biased will never be the same. Here is the Woodward winner ducking the BCC because he’s afraid of a west coast mare and west coast 3YrOld!
He was a man among boys, it was the Breeders Cup Dirt Mile...

I just can't stomach giving the award to connections who clearly ducked the big race. Especially when the horse looked that good on Friday. He deserved a shot at the big one.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2015, 01:39 PM   #10
Spalding No!

Meanwhile, Tonalist is pointing to the Cigar Mile. With a win in the Jockey Club Gold Cup and several placings elsewhere, he at least deserves mention for champion older horse were he to win the Cigar.

He will also be in training next year, so perhaps he can emulate Cryptoclearance and run 5th in 3 straight BC Classics.

Tonalist is by world renowned, in-demand sire Tapit from the female family of HOY Havre De Grace and a classic winner (2014 Belmont Stakes), so given the claims of the apologists for the Liam's Map camp, this is no mean feat by Robert Evans to keep him in training.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2015, 02:43 PM   #11
Hoops McCann

vacate the award this year. or give it to Effinex because he was the only one able to finish within 7 lengths of American Pharaoh.
Hoops McCann is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2015, 03:51 PM   #12
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No!
Meanwhile, Tonalist is pointing to the Cigar Mile. With a win in the Jockey Club Gold Cup and several placings elsewhere, he at least deserves mention for champion older horse were he to win the Cigar.

He will also be in training next year, so perhaps he can emulate Cryptoclearance and run 5th in 3 straight BC Classics.

Tonalist is by world renowned, in-demand sire Tapit from the female family of HOY Havre De Grace and a classic winner (2014 Belmont Stakes), so given the claims of the apologists for the Liam's Map camp, this is no mean feat by Robert Evans to keep him in training.
Tonalist is a joke.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2015, 03:55 PM   #13
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac
Tonalist is a joke.
A joke? He isn't a champion, but he did win the Belmont and the Jockey Club Gold Cup. I'd take that joke anyday if were mine.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:27 PM   #14
classhandicapper

Honor Code and Liam's Map both have two Grade 1 victories.

Honor Code has the H2H edge 1-0.

That would tilt it towards Honor Code.

After that it starts getting into trips, weight, figures etc...

Some would say Liam's Map was better when they met given the pace and others would point out that HC was carrying 7 more pounds in that race.

Honor Code had some pace help in the Met, but Liam's Map had pace help in the Woodward.

I'm not sure who should get the award but imo Liam's Map is the better horse.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:12 PM   #15
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
Honor Code and Liam's Map both have two Grade 1 victories.

Honor Code has the H2H edge 1-0.

That would tilt it towards Honor Code.

After that it starts getting into trips, weight, figures etc...

Some would say Liam's Map was better when they met given the pace and others would point out that HC was carrying 7 more pounds in that race.

Honor Code had some pace help in the Met, but Liam's Map had pace help in the Woodward.

I'm not sure who should get the award but imo Liam's Map is the better horse.
Breeders' Cup win, even if in a minor BC race, probably bumps Liam's Map over Honor Code in my opinion.