Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 09-03-2022, 10:05 PM   #16
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
If only he could pick a Derby winner.
Strike the Gold
Old 09-04-2022, 12:10 PM   #17
Suff
Beat up 💪

The 10:35 start, only 365 on YouTube stream at kick-off. I saw it 1200'ish at 11:35 when it normally begins.

in 2019 when Beyer was there last, I was 6 feet away taking pictures. He seemed in better health this year. He seemed spry.
Old 09-04-2022, 12:20 PM   #18
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Years ago he used to be a co-host of a handicapping seminar on Black Eyed Susan day at Pimlico along with Watchmaker, Privman, & a few other revolving hosts.

Loved listening to him. He has a very contemplative delivery and a true announcers voice.
Good to see he's still Picking Winners
Old 09-04-2022, 12:21 PM   #19
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
His Medina Spirit win still counts.
Agreed. He got paid. Those of us with the "official" winner, not so much.

Liked Beyer's comment this year, when he picked White Abarrio in the Derby, and stated that for him to pick two Kentucky Derby winners in a row at double digit odds, considering his record for the race, "chances are infinitesimally small...".

Great analysis on yesterday's card going 9 for 13 at the Spa - wow. As TLG stated today on Talking Horses, "he put on a handicapping clinic..."
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2022, 08:03 PM   #20
the little guy

Andy Beyer's contributions to this sport are immense. Yesterday was a smidgeon of icing on a cake that he has been baking for almost 50 years. There is no bigger name in handicapping for good reason.

As a friend, and while I have known him for 47 years, it's only the last 28 that we have been close, he's been a great supporter of mine as well as a great racetrack pal. He always roots for his friends. As most of you likely know, this can be a precious commodity at the racetrack.

Having him on the show yesterday was the highlight of a great summer for me. His performance only made it better.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2022, 10:27 PM   #21
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
Andy Beyer's contributions to this sport are immense. Yesterday was a smidgeon of icing on a cake that he has been baking for almost 50 years. There is no bigger name in handicapping for good reason.

As a friend, and while I have known him for 47 years, it's only the last 28 that we have been close, he's been a great supporter of mine as well as a great racetrack pal. He always roots for his friends. As most of you likely know, this can be a precious commodity at the racetrack.

Having him on the show yesterday was the highlight of a great summer for me. His performance only made it better.
Your expressions for the warmth and regard you have for him jump off the page.
Very touching. A pleasant read.

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: