Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 09-16-2016, 11:36 PM   #1426
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
hmmmm....just looked at that race--yeah wasn't much to recommend for BLUES MUSEUM other than Top ABILITY. He was also top speed blst--but that was a turf route. You'd go broke betting top spd blst on turf routes.

Never really tested Ability as stand-alone. Food for thought.
Just wednesday 9-14 there was Race 1@ Lad Crider Cash $19.80, same method. So I stayed with top ability this week. I am 8 wins in 24 races, most at decent prices.
Old 09-17-2016, 12:12 AM   #1427
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80
Just wednesday 9-14 there was Race 1@ Lad Crider Cash $19.80, same method. So I stayed with top ability this week. I am 8 wins in 24 races, most at decent prices.
I'm quickly becoming convinced---just nailed a horse PROSPERO @ RPX that had a huge ABILITY fig....but not top two power.
Old 09-17-2016, 12:16 AM   #1428
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Nice winner & exacta in the 6th.

I'll go with a late double /

PV shows only one selection (5) in the 8th--so I'm gonna add PROSPERO with his off-the-chart Ability fig

I'll take the $23 double and the $6.80 on Prospero.
Old 09-17-2016, 06:28 AM   #1429
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

PLATINUM TIP SHEET

Not for the faint-hearted

good luck all--NCG
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached Images
File Type: jpg BELMONT ALL.jpg (209.0 KB, 151 views)
Old 09-17-2016, 08:14 AM   #1430
upthecreek

Paceview Exotics

Im priviledged to be a beta tester of NCG Exotics calculator Yesterday @ Bel Race4 the recommened tri box 1-7-8-9 The result-8-7-1 Paid $2055
Attached Files
File Type: pdf R4.pdf (17.5 KB, 48 views)
Old 09-17-2016, 09:51 AM   #1431
jk3521
Registered Loser

Great !

[YT=""]m331dBbz6_U[/YT]
Old 09-17-2016, 10:19 AM   #1432
green80

Quote:
I'm quickly becoming convinced---just nailed a horse PROSPERO @ RPX that had a huge ABILITY fig....but not top two power.
You should have had Mosta Flyin $47.60 in the 6th at RPX playing ability figs.
Old 09-17-2016, 03:09 PM   #1433
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80
You should have had Mosta Flyin $47.60 in the 6th at RPX playing ability figs.

Thanks guys....can you give PV users a little more info, greenie? What's the best use for the number...optimal point gaps...anything to pare down the wagers and target the winners? You've become the ABILITY expert, so by default this falls on your shoulders--PV NATION desperately needs this info!!

...or whenever you get around to it

About the EXOTIC program...me personally I go two-deep on my doubles, triples, p-4's...GENERALLY. I've heard from several users---JoeK comes to mind, plus Bernie and others--that use a 3rd and 4th choice regularly in verticals.
There is always an "extra" horse in every exotic---for this reason. A trifecta will have 4 horses listed---that is too many to flat out box, it's a waste of money. The trick is to eliminate one if you can.

Always keep the highest price--and toss one of the others--you're playing exotics to possibly crush that mofo--if you can, so leave the longshot in there. If there isn't one--why play it? Same with horizontals.

Had some interesting data come back from the "data central" LOL. A gentleman I call "G-man" did a study of all races this year-- at GPX of all places--like the worst track for PV.

EVERYTHING WAS A LOSER.............except POWER. Stand-alone TOP POWER was right around .99 ROI. All the testing...it lost a flat-bet $8 total. He didn't include maidens or 2yo.
#2 POWER was actually a winner...without checking, I think in his relatively
small sample showed a $1.30 ROI.

Remember too--this is Gulfstream. I already knew everything was a loser---we're talking spot plays, also EARLY POWER/LATE POWER etc, as stand-
alone.

He also checked #3 POWER...not good. The Power number was designed to pick winners only--so that isn't surprising. They (power-3) finish ITM far more often than win.

Another data guy confirms Power 1 ---and Power 2, when used in certain ways--are profitable. But you can say the same thing for PRIME POWER.

When the two conflict---go with POWER NUMBER. Too many bettors have PRIME.

One other thing...I think a "SINGLES" button would be good for the Exotic program--as well as a "SHOW" button--for show parlays, maybe.

We already have the "singles" methods---we need to come up with a good programmable show method.

We aren't trying to revolutionize wagering--just make a fun, usable, and profitable program.

I'm thinking of a "BIAS DETECTOR" button. Anytime the EARLY POWER wins--it will flash "POS SPEED BIAS DETECTED". Just the opposite for LATE.

I'm kidding, of course.

-NCG
Old 09-17-2016, 03:27 PM   #1434
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Anyone get this $100 + early double @ CDX? That was with only 1 selection in the first.
Bouncing around at different tracks is always hit and miss--more "miss" than "hit" it seems
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached Images
File Type: png early doble cdx.PNG (3.7 KB, 107 views)
Old 09-17-2016, 06:02 PM   #1435
jk3521
Registered Loser

Quote:
Thanks guys....can you give PV users a little more info, greenie? What's the best use for the number...optimal point gaps...anything to pare down the wagers and target the winners? You've become the ABILITY expert, so by default this falls on your shoulders--PV NATION desperately needs this info!!

About the EXOTIC program...me personally I go two-deep on my doubles, triples, p-4's...GENERALLY. I've heard from several users---JoeK comes to mind, plus Bernie and others--that use a 3rd and 4th choice regularly in verticals.
There is always an "extra" horse in every exotic---for this reason. A trifecta will have 4 horses listed---that is too many to flat out box, it's a waste of money. The trick is to eliminate one if you can.

-NCG
My idea is to take that 4 horse trifecta box and apply those four horses to the top three slots in the superfecta, then find a horse from the remaining horses in the race to complete the gimmick. Now, what I am trying to figure out is how to come up with that 5th horse to finish fourth. Trying to get more bang for my buck. The 4th race yesterday at Belmont is a case in point.

Last edited by jk3521; 09-17-2016 at 06:03 PM.
Old 09-17-2016, 07:35 PM   #1436
upthecreek

Quote:
Anyone get this $100 + early double @ CDX? That was with only 1 selection in the first.
Bouncing around at different tracks is always hit and miss--more "miss" than "hit" it seems
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Paid "only"$81.20 Stop exaggerating LOL
Old 09-17-2016, 08:05 PM   #1437
green80

I can't. Been betting the top ability #, but it seems to make no difference if it is by 1 or 50. So I have just been betting the top ability # when it has decent odds at Lad, RPX, just the tracks around here. My horse ran 2nd by half a neck today at LAD, beat by a 50/1 shot at the wire,( I was 2nd ability, winner was 5th ability) so I have been busy today. Maybe next week I can figure a way to narrow this down. I would say if you see a top ability horse going off at decent odds, bet it.
Old 09-17-2016, 08:42 PM   #1438
green80

I also tried to narrow these ability horses down to long or short, boys or girls, alw or claiming, no pattern to it yet.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:26 PM   #1439
jim michalak

belmont 9/17/16

top ability # had 3 chalky winners ranging from $3.50-$3.80 and also had winners in race #4 lubash at $14.40 and race #10 dot matrix at $9.00 at belmont today.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:48 PM   #1440
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthecreek
Paid "only"$81.20 Stop exaggerating LOL

See what happened was, I usually tip a $20 bill....so when I left the window I just assumed the teller had taken her tip out--and left me the $81.20
Closed Thread