Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-17-2024, 12:00 AM   #16
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTO Joe View Post
This has all the hallmarks of a Russian disinformation campaign
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2024, 11:22 AM   #17
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

MoFoJoe uses a tweet from FLIPOWINSKI ? to discredit another site?
What a dimwit!

Thask, just because you don't understand a site doesn't make it silly.
You have any proof the content is not true?
Old 04-17-2024, 01:03 PM   #18
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

Thask, just because you don't understand a site doesn't make it silly.
You have any proof the content is not true?
For all my working life I have been in an industry which is run primarily by Mexican employees. In the 3 stores that I am personally involved with we employ 500+ workers, most of which are Mexicans. Between what I have seen with my own eyes and what I have heard through discussions with other grocery store operators, this involves employees which number in the THOUSANDS. And never have I ever seen or heard of even a single case where a Mexican alien, whether legal or illegal, has been "groomed" from his homeland to vote for a particular political candidate once he lands in this country. IMO, these irresponsible articles put out by irresponsible websites are just the sort of shameless shenanigans which give politics the stigma that it so richly deserves.

I'm not saying that this is done only by one political party...I am convinced that both political parties like to "get down and dirty" when our votes are in high demand. Maybe they feel that they HAVE to do these shameless things in order to further their respective agendas. But we sure as hell don't have to fall for it.

Last edited by thaskalos; 04-17-2024 at 01:04 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2024, 01:10 PM   #19
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

And in all those years, how many was the border totally oipen by design?
There has never been a time like this in the last 3 years.

Do you stiil add the drf sr and tv to get your bets?
Old 04-17-2024, 02:00 PM   #20
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
For all my working life I have been in an industry which is run primarily by Mexican employees. In the 3 stores that I am personally involved with we employ 500+ workers, most of which are Mexicans. Between what I have seen with my own eyes and what I have heard through discussions with other grocery store operators, this involves employees which number in the THOUSANDS. And never have I ever seen or heard of even a single case where a Mexican alien, whether legal or illegal, has been "groomed" from his homeland to vote for a particular political candidate once he lands in this country. IMO, these irresponsible articles put out by irresponsible websites are just the sort of shameless shenanigans which give politics the stigma that it so richly deserves.

I'm not saying that this is done only by one political party...I am convinced that both political parties like to "get down and dirty" when our votes are in high demand. Maybe they feel that they HAVE to do these shameless things in order to further their respective agendas. But we sure as hell don't have to fall for it.
They are not grooming locals from Mexico, but those from the other 150 countries that are migrating through there. Also NGOs do not need to tell the locals what to do, they have relatives and friends that have already done it and know what to do.

Last edited by davew; 04-17-2024 at 02:02 PM.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2024, 02:28 PM   #21
jimmyb

Migrants interviewed said they came because Biden said it was okay. They thank him. Who do you think they would vote for if they could vote?
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2024, 02:33 PM   #22
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
No, sir...I am staying put and will weather the storm.

"...the home of the brave!"...REMEMBER?
Oh please.
This not a storm, it is an intentional attack on freedom/Why should we weather it when none of it existed under Tump?
Old 04-17-2024, 03:57 PM   #23
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Hey, border rats!

Come out of hidin'
We'll give you a ride in
Just vote for Biden
Old 04-17-2024, 04:55 PM   #24
Inner Dirt

Quote:

Where have you operated grocery stores where most the employees are breakfast tacos? Breakfast tacos are what Jill Biden calls them not me.

I just called my coworkers beaners and they called me pinche gringo. All in good fun of course. Any place I lived and I have only lived in SoCal and Central Va, the grocery store workers pretty much matched the local population demographic.

Here I think people south of the border are under represented in grocery stores, a lot of the males work construction. Pretty much all our private construction company workers are Hispanic or Black. Probably 1/3 of the VDOT road crew guys are white, but that is a state job. Not sure where Mayor Pete sees too many white construction workers, definitely nowhere I have been.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2024, 10:42 PM   #25
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Oh please.
This not a storm, it is an intentional attack on freedom/Why should we weather it when none of it existed under Tump?
If you don't "weather it", your only alternative is to flee the country. Because Trump is going down in November...and bitching on social media ain't gonna change anything. But don't worry, all won't be lost. The repeat defeat of Trump will give you guys the ammunition to bitch and moan for another 4 years about yet another "stolen election".
Old 04-17-2024, 10:45 PM   #26
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
The repeat defeat of Trump will give you guys the ammunition to bitch and moan for another 4 years about yet another "stolen election".
Hopefully, they'll make it look a little more legit this time around.
Old 04-17-2024, 11:56 PM   #27
TJDave

I would never, ever in a million years vote for Joe Biden unless…

He was running against Trump.

In which case I would vote for him twice.
Old 04-18-2024, 12:02 AM   #28
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Hopefully, they'll make it look a little more legit this time around.
Hopefully, they won’t.
Old 04-18-2024, 03:02 AM   #29
proximity

maybe chess in a park or something??

Quote:
"American Greatness".

Where do you guys dig up these silly websites? Can't you come up with something more worthwhile to do with your spare time? Clearly you need a hobby of some sort. How about some online backgammon to keep your minds from rusting out? I would suggest chess...but that might be too tough a game for your "conservative" temperament.
I don't think more screen time is the answer.

for any of us.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-18-2024, 03:35 AM   #30
thaskalos

The television and the social media are rotting our minds, gentlemen...and we haven't much time left to regain our sanity. I am doing what I can to keep my mind as sharp as it can be...and I sincerely hope that you are doing likewise. It upsets me when I see us hating each other here when we don't even know anything about one another. I have argued with several people here and then I have talked to them on the phone...and in every single case we could never get into any kind of argument when we held a real and more complete conversation. I am confident that this would also be the case were I to get into a lengthy phone conversation with any one of you here.

These online chats here, where we communicate with each other in brief soundbites, are not REAL! The people that we appear to be on boards like this bear no resemblance to who we really are! I pray that we can keep this in mind whenever we feel like getting "nasty" with one another here during the course of our petty and insignificant arguments.