Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-24-2020, 12:20 PM   #16
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Trump actually instructed GSA to start the transition
He didn't have much choice.

Apparently, he met with his advisors and senior Republican lawmakers, as well as business and world affairs leaders, who pretty much told him that his holdup was threatening our national security.

If he wants to do the typcial Trump thing of steal the thunder, after repeated efforts to subvert free election results, is just typical Trump.

Last edited by clicknow; 11-24-2020 at 12:21 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-24-2020, 12:42 PM   #17
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Actually, many do care.

Americans got to see how a sitting president cannot simply discredit American democracy on a personal whim, because checks and balances, like Congress, the courts, election officials, etc., in the final analysis, will honor an election's outcome.

What is esp. notable is just how many judges disagreed with Trump's efforts, and that Emily Murphy, a Trump appointee also gave Biden the green light to move forward with the transition.

Trump, by his behavior, pretty much ensured that everyone (including election officials, many congressional Republicans, judges, and even business groups aligned with Republicans) would not simply "bend to his will".

And that is good news for America.

He can "not concede" all he wants. Hopefully for him, that means that trump zombies will continue to pour donations into his site, and he can keep his hands in their pockets to pay off his debts to Deutche Bank. The rest of American will move forward, and spend our money more wisely.
Hillary Clinton recommended to Joe Biden that he, and I quote "NOT CONCEDE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES" just prior to the 2020 election.

And I don't recall you writing one word of CONCERN on here over that "discrediting of American democracy on a personal whim."

Interesting...interesting...

Quite frankly, it seems to me like Donald J. Trump is simply following Hillary Clinton's advice. Talk about UNITY of the PARTIES! Hooray!

Old 11-24-2020, 04:01 PM   #18
clicknow

I'm going to give you one piece of advice because I think it will help you.

Try to live in the now.

That's enough to deal with.

Obama, Clinton, and now Trump, are jetstream. The bringing up of people from the past, and assigning them such power over you over and over again, is a sure way to give yourself an early heart attack.

If you want to make positive changes in your world, start in your own backyard. Canvas for some of your grassroots and local people who you like. Do volunteer work to enrich your community. Make friends with as many different types of people as you can.

And get a dog, if you don't already have one.

You will be happier. I guarantee it.

You are not going to be able to control every state and every politician in every state......in both or even one party. You've set yourself an impossible task. You're all over place.

Like you, I would not live in CA. But I have a family member who does. He will never move because he loves the weather, loves being on the coast, has allergies to lots of trees and leaf species, loves the medical centers there, and he is out on his very cool bike almost every day after work. He loves his job. CA fits his lifestyle, to a T. He is willing to pay to live there. That's a happy person.

Just because it wouldn't make YOU or ME happy is really not of concern to him.
Old 11-24-2020, 04:24 PM   #19
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I'm going to give you one piece of advice because I think it will help you.

Try to live in the now.
I am living in the now. Hillary said those words within days of our most recent election.

How much more now do you want?

Oh, and I see you still won't actually condemn Gov. Newsom for his GROSS NEGLIGENCE that will LIKELY COST PEOPLE THEIR LIVES.

But you sit here all day condemning Trump.

That's interesting.

I don't condemn Newsom. I just think he's a typical politician, just like Trump.

Newsom knows the bullshit he touts isn't reality, that's why he had ZERO problem sitting at a dinner table with 5 other couples with zero masks and zero social distancing.

But he'll tell others to make sure they have ZERO LIVES and SUCK IT UP even if you've lost your business or your job...it doesn't matter...YOU HAVE TO SAVE LIVES...and yet he's out there dining like nothing is going on...

Hilarious!

And you continue to remain silent...can't even bring yourself to do it...LMAO

But Trump you'll pontificate all day long about...along with any other Republican who gets into your crosshairs...

clicknow = FAIR AND BALANCED....just like FOX NEWS....LULZ

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 11-24-2020 at 04:28 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-24-2020, 04:52 PM   #20
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Oh, and I see you still won't actually condemn Gov. Newsom for his GROSS NEGLIGENCE that will LIKELY COST PEOPLE THEIR LIVES.

But you sit here all day condemning Trump.
Trump was MY and everyone else's POTUS. Focussing on him when he was the leader of my nation is appropriate.

I always wondered how people had time to gawk thru all the celebrity tweets and instagrams and pronouncments of each Kardashian family member and every celebrity.

Now I realize that politics has that same crowd. It's like they are the People magazine readers, combing thru every dark corner for everything and anything that fits their agenda, each and every hour of the day.

I don't have time for that.

So no, I probably won't have much comment about a lot of the stuff that you seem very concerned about.
Old 11-24-2020, 04:55 PM   #21
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Trump actually instructed GSA to start the transition
For the good of the country, right?

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-24-2020, 05:10 PM   #22
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Trump was MY and everyone else's POTUS. Focussing on him when he was the leader of my nation is appropriate.

I always wondered how people had time to gawk thru all the celebrity tweets and instagrams and pronouncments of each Kardashian family member and every celebrity.

Now I realize that politics has that same crowd. It's like they are the People magazine readers, combing thru every dark corner for everything and anything that fits their agenda, each and every hour of the day.

So no, I probably won't have much comment about a lot of the stuff that you seem very concerned about.
Politics is sport.

It has virtually nothing to do with policy anymore.
Old 11-24-2020, 05:32 PM   #23
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

Gavin Newsom is one of the TOP THREE MAJOR FACES OF COVID RESPONSE in this country (if you don't count POTUS).

He's right up there with Cuomo and Fauci...

Yet you don't have time...

And you call me upset?

The laughs keep getting better with every reply from you.

Have you absolutely ZERO shame? I guess so.
Old 11-24-2020, 05:35 PM   #24
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I get it...he's the Governor of the most populated and bluest state in the nation...but clicknow has zero time for paying attention to Newsom....
Old 11-24-2020, 06:50 PM   #25
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Hillary Clinton recommended to Joe Biden that he, and I quote "NOT CONCEDE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES" just prior to the 2020 election.

And I don't recall you writing one word of CONCERN on here over that "discrediting of American democracy on a personal whim."

Interesting...interesting...

Quite frankly, it seems to me like Donald J. Trump is simply following Hillary Clinton's advice. Talk about UNITY of the PARTIES! Hooray!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44AbGEHhzg4
100% different. Clinton was urging Biden not to concede early if Trump appeared to be winning in the early vote. Which indeed turned out to be the case. There was never any intention for Biden to subvert democracy like Trump has done; seven million down in the popular vote, 74 behind in the electoral college, 30 plus losses in court and still he refuses to concede what everyone knows.
Old 11-24-2020, 06:54 PM   #26
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
100% different. Clinton was urging Biden not to concede early if Trump appeared to be winning in the early vote. Which indeed turned out to be the case. There was never any intention for Biden to subvert democracy like Trump has done; seven million down in the popular vote, 74 behind in the electoral college, 30 plus losses in court and still he refuses to concede what everyone knows.
She said, with her own OLD CRINKLY LIPS...."DO NOT CONCEDE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES."

Meaning, until all LEGAL MEANS are exhausted...just like BAD ORANGE MAN has done.
Old 11-24-2020, 07:18 PM   #27
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
You gotta be kidding!! If the shoe were on the other foot, democrats would be kicking and screaming bloody murder. There would be total chaos in the streets. You'd be beating your fist on the wall as well.
Marshall Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-25-2020, 12:09 AM   #28
Burls
Veteran

That was pretty funny watching Dumpy try to take credit for the Stock Market rally today.
The analysts all agree that the market went up on the news that he had stopped refusing the transition spending through the GSA.
In other words, the market rallied on the news that he'll soon be out of the picture.

Burls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-25-2020, 01:17 AM   #29
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burls View Post
That was pretty funny watching Dumpy try to take credit for the Stock Market rally today.
The analysts all agree that the market went up on the news that he had stopped refusing the transition spending through the GSA.
In other words, the market rallied on the news that he'll soon be out of the picture.
Jesus Christ you are a dumb ass if you actually believe that...

The market doesn't move like that on events that are already baked in.

THE TRANSITION CAUSED THE MARKET TO CLIMB 1.5%?!?!?!?!?!?

Wow.

The transition and a Biden victory has been long baked into the markets.

Do you actually think the smart money was teetering on every Trump lawsuit thinking it had some shot at changing the results? Really? That's what you and others thought...

Priceless.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 11-25-2020 at 01:20 AM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-25-2020, 03:32 AM   #30
davew

Burls, we will know for sure when GA senate race gets run again.

By your logic, if the dems win and have the trifecta the DOW will hit 35K before dropping below 20K
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply