Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-03-2017, 12:14 AM   #31
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Maybe your right, this is not another hate Trump garbage thread.
Maybe your right your not a ultra liberal pushing socialized health care.

But maybe I paint it like it is, and a year from now your still posting hate Trump threads and in turn I call them out. Remember if we took your advice and voted for little Marco we would have Hillary now. Any way you cut it you have a hard row to hoe.
I highly doubt that point. I'm pretty sure anyone was going to beat Hillary.

Anywho the whole good cop/bad cop thing makes no sense. As far as wanting KJU dead we also don't really want that either. The subsequent power vacuum is super problematic to our allies and rivals in the region.

The ideal situation is what Tillerson is pitching. Not Trump. No one in his cabinet backs him up on that.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-03-2017, 12:19 AM   #32
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
I agree on both counts but especially your second point.

But, seriously, Tillerson is also at odds with Trump on his (Trump) decision to get out of the Paris Climate Accord. Tillerson was all for that, and Tillerson is also a supporter of the Iran Nuke deal, for god's sake.

Whose side is he on, anyway?
Getting out of the Paris Climate Accord was completely pointless. Just don't follow it (hint: we weren't anyway). It was just simply something for his base to get excited about while needlessly pissing off essentially everyone else.

Secondly, dismantling the Iran Weapons deal is a terrible mistake at this point. Is it a good deal...? No, not really. But it's a deal and the Iranians are holding up their end of the bargain so we should do the same instead of needlessly escalating a situation that's relatively calm right now.
Old 10-03-2017, 12:28 PM   #33
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Getting out of the Paris Climate Accord was completely pointless. Just don't follow it (hint: we weren't anyway). It was just simply something for his base to get excited about while needlessly pissing off essentially everyone else.

Secondly, dismantling the Iran Weapons deal is a terrible mistake at this point. Is it a good deal...? No, not really. But it's a deal and the Iranians are holding up their end of the bargain so we should do the same instead of needlessly escalating a situation that's relatively calm right now.
Whether one is for or against both the Paris Climate Accord and Trump's decision to leave really isn't the point, now is it? Same with the Iran nuke deal.

Trump's position and thoughts on North Korea, the Iran nuke deal and the Paris Accord were well-known and established both here and abroad. On the latter two points primarily Trump used them during his winning Presidential campaign, in case people forgot.

Tillerson is often on the other side of Trump on these three issues, at least. Tillerson being CEO of Exxon doesn't preclude him from simply being wrong on these issues. Heads of multi-national corporations usually put their personal business interests ahead of the best interests of the American citizen, especially when they are being shaken down by the very same governments they do business with.

Rex Tillerson needs to either play ball and shut his mouth or simply resign.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-03-2017, 12:36 PM   #34
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Rex Tillerson needs to either play ball and shut his mouth or simply resign.
Guess you can add Mattis.
Old 10-03-2017, 12:55 PM   #35
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
(1) Why then did Trump appoint him? (2) Did Trump not discuss issues with him before giving him the job? (3) Has Tillerson changed his positions since Trump appointed him? (4) Has Trump changed his?
Alot of questions there. Since I am not privvy to West Wing business I could only give you my personal thoughts.

(1) I think since Trump is/was the CEO of a relatively large business concern, he thought a guy like Rex Tillerson, CEO of the world's largest oil company, would be perfect for the job at State. And why not? Tillerson is/was smart, tough, aggressive and successful ... all qualities Trump simply loves and is seriously lacking in Wash DC. Exxon does business in 100s of countries world-wide. Tillerson had to deal with all types of people, usually scoundrels and dictators, of which it had to help at the State Department. A pretty good resume regardless of party or ideology.

(2) One assumes Trump and Tillerson spoke on many issues. Maybe Trump thought Tillerson followed the campaign and 'knew' Trump's position on all these issues at hand. Or maybe none of that. Do you know? What I do know is that Tillerson is getting too much advice from life-long beaurocrats in the State department and they want Trump to fail, in case you hadn't noticed.

(3) I assume Tillerson hasn't changed any of those positions he may have harbored before coming into the Cabinet. I know for a supposed tough guy, Tillerson surrendered real quickly when the hoodlums in the Climate Change mafia got to him. I guess they threw the guilt card against XOM pertaining to the Exxon Valdez fiasco of 30-so years ago.

(4) Pretty sure Trump hasn't changed his positions on these things, especially on No Korea. He may waver on the Paris Accord, and he might not get far with the Iran nuke deal. I mean, Obama illegally paid Iran billions in cash and there are too many 'Republicans' with banking and Wall Street interests that benefited from the deal as well, despite their public cries and outrage to the contrary. Trump not only was dealt a bad hand on these matters but those cards were also dealt from the bottom deck.
Old 10-03-2017, 12:58 PM   #36
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Guess you can add Mattis.
I'm not a fan of Mattis at all .... nor most of The Generals Trump seems to love.

How many wars have we won since VJ Day ? Or even by these Generals the past 30+ years, by the way?
Old 10-03-2017, 08:51 PM   #37
fast4522

Quote:
I highly doubt that point. I'm pretty sure anyone was going to beat Hillary.
Your lack of dispute puts me dead on in other points.

Your generous considerations for all the others running in the primary that could beat her is a joke, all others did not have the moxie that President Donald J. Trump had. None of them willing to slice her political anything, the President going directly to a political weakness and draw blood within the first minute. And the majority of Americans loved it, anyone wanting to learn how just needs to watch Robert Dole's debate when he was in danger of losing his Senate seat. None of them would have won but President Donald J. Trump. Your other observation good cop/bad cop is crap as well, KJU is a moron who will be leveraged to death. Who will snuff him out has yet to be determined, someone will be seeking favor after the task is completed. Your idea of keeping KJU in place like a ultra liberal is pathetic, that logic has panted our country in a corner and blackmailed us for too long. We have a new sheriff in town who is not a career politician and the direction will often differ from your druthers. Remember this evening?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg CLINTON.jpg (138.9 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by fast4522; 10-03-2017 at 08:55 PM.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-03-2017, 11:16 PM   #38
elysiantraveller

Quote:
That's a lot more words trying to deflect away from the fact Tillerson and Mattis disagree with the President.

Didn't knoe it was "ultra-liberal" to question who fills in a power vacuum should the PRK government fall.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:32 PM   #39
fast4522

That is OK, don't own up to any of it. Do you think Tillerson and Mattis are going to quit because your so astute.

I seriously doubt the Trump organization would have been so successful with senor executives telling then Mr. Trump flower story's that he wanted to hear. I expect going forward when tough situations occur that the administration will resolve to the best possible result or near best possible because everyone will rise to the occasion despite your posts.
Old 10-04-2017, 09:34 AM   #40
elysiantraveller

Mike Pence, Mattis, and Kelly begged Tillerson to stay in July.

All is not well in Camelot.

Story Here

Mattis also contradicts the President on the Iran Deal.

Story Here

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 10-04-2017 at 09:36 AM.
Old 10-04-2017, 11:12 AM   #41
DSB

NBC news and NYT.... the propaganda mill.

Just saw Tillerson say he NEVER considered resigning and wasn't "begged" to stay.

Gotta be careful of the ol' fake news peddlers....
DSB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2017, 11:30 AM   #42
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSB View Post
NBC news and NYT.... the propaganda mill.

Just saw Tillerson say he NEVER considered resigning and wasn't "begged" to stay.

Gotta be careful of the ol' fake news peddlers....
It was reported on various outlets.

The impromptu presser was hilarious. The coordinated tweet and presser are what we call "getting out in front of it."

We have a standing SOS having to take the microphone to swear allegiance to a guy that just undercut his job.

Best reality TV show ever.

Old 10-04-2017, 11:37 AM   #43
fast4522

Rex Tillerson says he has never considered leaving the post of secretary of state. Tillerson said Wednesday that reports suggesting otherwise are “erroneous.

Maybe we should refer to you as erroneoustraveller.

I bet you have fond memory's of the Bundy Ranch Standoff result.
Old 10-04-2017, 11:43 AM   #44
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Rex Tillerson says he has never considered leaving the post of secretary of state. Tillerson said Wednesday that reports suggesting otherwise are “erroneous.

Maybe we should refer to you as erroneoustraveller.

I bet you have fond memory's of the Bundy Ranch Standoff result.
But he didn't deny calling him a moron.

Politico

Why can't you admit it? He is at odds with senior members of his cabinet... routinely. Everything you post on here is a personal attack against me without ever actually taking a stand.

Back to the thread topic. I think that Tillerson stays on through maybe the end of the year. China trip coming up should be interesting!

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 10-04-2017 at 11:47 AM.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:19 PM   #45
Clocker

Quote:

How many wars have we won since VJ Day ? Or even by these Generals the past 30+ years, by the way?
How many of those wars were unwinnable because of administration policies, setting unrealistic goals or imposing unreasonable restrictions? The first Gulf War was successful because the president set reasonable goals and allowed the military to do its job.