Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

View Poll Results: Is a 22.68% takeout on two horse bets in California a crime?
Absolutely! 40 88.89%
Not at all. It's a fair takeout rate! 5 11.11%
Voters: 45. This poll is closed

Old 12-28-2011, 05:30 PM   #1
andymays
Veteran

NYRA Lowers Takeout so what about California? Is 22.68% on two horse bets a crime?

I think this mistake will help the industry as a whole and help put pressure on California Racing. Let's hope California wakes up. Keith Brackpool and the TOC are preventing the Tracks from competing for Customers.
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2011, 05:34 PM   #2
andymays
Veteran

NYRA has a 18.5% takeout on Doubles and Exactas.

http://www.horseplayersassociation.o...score2011.html
Old 12-28-2011, 05:37 PM   #3
andymays
Veteran

Tell the TOC that they need to stop ripping off their Customers.

No vulgar emails please.

Contact Us: TOC Emails

http://www.toconline.com/contact/email.php

Last edited by andymays; 12-28-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:46 PM   #4
andymays
Veteran

By the way I used the word "crime" because of Bill Finleys article earlier in the year.

Bill Finley: Why California will get away with this crime - ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/hor...ill&id=5551276

Excerpt:

Horseplayers are stupid.

That's what they are counting on in California, where the California Horse Racing Board is about to push through an exorbitant increase in takeout. Starting Dec. 26, the take on trifectas, superfectas, Pick Threes and Pick Fours is going up to 23.68 percent. Exactas and daily doubles are going to go up to 22.68 percent, which will be the highest takeout rate on such bets among any major racing jurisdiction. Only the irrelevant racing states of Massachusetts, Colorado and Minnesota will have a higher take on the doubles and exactas.

The day after Christmas, they're going to start robbing you blind. And they're going to get away with it … because horseplayers, as a lot, are, indeed, stupid.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:41 PM   #5
CincyHorseplayer

I had to stop betting Ohio because of this.I just go there now,bet other tracks,eat ice creams,and watch the horsies frolic!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2011, 09:38 PM   #6
andymays
Veteran

http://blog.horseplayersassociation.org/

Excerpt:

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Tale of Two Cities

"IT WAS the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way- in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only."

The above quote is from the novel A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens, published 1859.

I thought it might be nice to present you the horseplayer with a contrast of two cities (racing jurisdictions) this Holiday Season.

CAL Racing

Monday was opening day at Santa Anita. Despite perfect weather and Monday being a Federal Holiday, all sources handle was up just 7% vs. opening day the year before. By way of contrast, all sources handle for last year's 2010 opening day card was down 21% when compared to the opening day card for 2009 - largely because of bad publicity resulting from news of the takeout increase masterminded by the TOC and the CHRB.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:28 PM   #7
thaskalos

I doubt that this incident will motivate California to reduce their own takeouts.

After all...New York's takeout reduction was spurred by the "mistake" they made; California hasn't made that sort of mistake...yet.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:30 PM   #8
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
I doubt that this incident will motivate California to reduce their own takeouts.

After all...New York's takeout reduction was spurred by the "mistake" they made; California hasn't made that sort of mistake...yet.
Do me a favor and send an email to the TOC. It helps.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:35 PM   #9
takeout

>Is 22.68% on two horse bets a crime?

Criminally insane is more how I see it.
takeout is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2011, 12:43 PM   #10
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymays
Do me a favor and send an email to the TOC. It helps.
I would sent the TOC an email Andy...but, since they are not my favorite people, I am afraid I might offend.

I'm not the nicest guy when I am riled up.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:46 PM   #11
takeout

I can’t help but wonder who the 4 are that think that’s a fair takeout rate? Former O.J. jury members maybe?
takeout is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2011, 01:46 PM   #12
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeout
I can’t help but wonder who the 4 are that think that’s a fair takeout rate? Former O.J. jury members maybe?
Contrarians just for the hell of it.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:00 PM   #13
Indulto
Veteran

Quote:
http://blog.horseplayersassociation.org/

Excerpt:

CAL Racing

Monday was opening day at Santa Anita. Despite perfect weather and Monday being a Federal Holiday, all sources handle was up just 7% vs. opening day the year before. By way of contrast, all sources handle for last year's 2010 opening day card was down 21% when compared to the opening day card for 2009 - largely because of bad publicity resulting from news of the takeout increase masterminded by the TOC and the CHRB.
What about the impact of the selective rebates allegedly offered to high-volume players through Xpressbet? Were they in effect at the time? Would that account for 7% or more of handle?
Indulto is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2011, 05:09 PM   #14
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indulto
What about the impact of the selective rebates allegedly offered to high-volume players through Xpressbet? Were they in effect at the time? Would that account for 7% or more of handle?
Nobody knows.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:14 PM   #15
Indulto
Veteran

Quote:
Nobody knows.
Is that the answer to each of the questions or only the last?
Indulto is offline   Reply With Quote Reply