Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 11-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
Ted Craven

ANER - PA 'Player of the Year'

PLAYER OF THE YEAR

** ANER **

The Series of 8 Contests has now concluded and the winner of the first annual PaceAdvantage.com Player of the Year is --> Aner!

As overall Series sponsor, and on behalf of RDSS and the Sartin Methodology, I wish to congratulate Aner on a terrific - and prolific - series of contest performances this year. He won the winter Gapfire contest outright and always seemed to be either among the top finishers or in the top half in all the other events. A fierce and tenacious, yet always sportsmanlike, opponent - as the rest of us found out over the course of the whole year's events.

For his first place finish, Aner has won $350 cash from RDSS and BRIS, a set of Overlay Publications handicapping materials, $100 Twinspires credit, a natty trophy from Assiniboia Downs - and a year's RDSS software Subscription and free unlimited data.

Congratulations Aner on winning our inaugural event!

First runner up this year is Red Knave who wins $225 cash from RDSS and BRIS, the Overlay Publications materials and a $75 Brisnet credit.

Second runner up is ndsc32, winning $175 cash from RDSS and BRIS, the Overlay Publication materials and a $75 Twinspires credit.

Please join me in extending our collective congratulations to these fine handicappers - well done gentlemen! And a round of applause to all the others who came so close or who participated regularly or periodically and made the 8 Contests the exciting, and possibly even educational, events they were.

Here is the final list of Player of the Year points by all this year's contest Players: http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...9&postcount=33

Plans are underway as we speak to begin the 2013 edition of the PaceAdvantage Challenge Series, beginning with the annual Riders Up Memorial Aqueduct Inner Track Challenge in December. Stay tuned!

A big thanks to Jay Trotter for his tireless promotion and organization of these events, to Track Collector for ongoing Contest Management, to PaceAdvantage for providing a home for all this to happen, and to the collection of Sponsors who have generously contributed cash and other prizes throughout the year. And most of all - to the Players! You made it all happen.

Ted

Last edited by Ted Craven; 11-08-2012 at 08:11 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #2
Beachbabe

Big congrats to Aner and kudos to Red Knave & ndsc32

Beachbabe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Congrats to Aner! Something else I can slap on the front page!!

PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2012, 01:24 AM   #4
Aner

Winning the first PA player of the year is the pinnacle of my handicapping life. I feel a bit like I think George Washington or Bart Starr felt to be first - proud and humble at the same time. I'd like to say I enjoyed all the contests equally, but the truth is I enjoyed those where I did well the most.

What a wonderful concept. A series of various handicapping challenges, so diverse that no one could be comfortable in all of them. If I were to start a company, I would want to have Jay Trotter as top salesman and head of publicity. Then I'd hire Track Collector to be head accountant. Bet I'd be a millionaire in 5 years.

There would be no contests were it not for our generous sponsors. Hats off to RDSS, ASD, Gapfire, Brisnet, Overlay, Idabet, and Premier Turf Club. And without Pace Advantage nothing would happen. Thank you all so much.

Right from the get-go I was obsessed with the tournament. I strategized what type of attack I should use for each game, which are different enough to require different approaches. Of course, luck is a strong component
all the time. It was not smooth going. In two of the games I failed to even muster up the courtesy 200 points. When I decided to stop submitting picks in the Gapfire contest after getting a nice ROI lead after the minimum number the races had been bet, there was criticism. And I understand that. If I were not in the lead, I would have led the cry of sandbagging.

Winning this honor is a release of years of struggle, of persistence against long odds, of untold moments of near surrender to a game that so often is brutal in its dispensation of frustration and defeat. To be named handicapper of the year is relief beyond belief.
Aner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2012, 01:55 AM   #5
LottaKash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aner
Winning this honor is a release of years of struggle, of persistence against long odds, of untold moments of near surrender to a game that so often is brutal in its dispensation of frustration and defeat. To be named handicapper of the year is relief beyond belief.
Good for you Aner....Quite a feat, considering the competition, I'd say...
Old 11-09-2012, 02:21 AM   #6
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Congrats!!

Nice job Knave.......
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2012, 03:27 AM   #7
thaskalos

Quote:
Winning the first PA player of the year is the pinnacle of my handicapping life. I feel a bit like I think George Washington or Bart Starr felt to be first - proud and humble at the same time. I'd like to say I enjoyed all the contests equally, but the truth is I enjoyed those where I did well the most.

What a wonderful concept. A series of various handicapping challenges, so diverse that no one could be comfortable in all of them. If I were to start a company, I would want to have Jay Trotter as top salesman and head of publicity. Then I'd hire Track Collector to be head accountant. Bet I'd be a millionaire in 5 years.

There would be no contests were it not for our generous sponsors. Hats off to RDSS, ASD, Gapfire, Brisnet, Overlay, Idabet, and Premier Turf Club. And without Pace Advantage nothing would happen. Thank you all so much.

Right from the get-go I was obsessed with the tournament. I strategized what type of attack I should use for each game, which are different enough to require different approaches. Of course, luck is a strong component
all the time. It was not smooth going. In two of the games I failed to even muster up the courtesy 200 points. When I decided to stop submitting picks in the Gapfire contest after getting a nice ROI lead after the minimum number the races had been bet, there was criticism. And I understand that. If I were not in the lead, I would have led the cry of sandbagging.

Congratulations, Aner...on a fantastic display of handicapping prowess.

This site could not possibly have found a more worthy handicapper -- and a nicer guy -- to represent us.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:04 AM   #8
DeltaLover

Congrats..

You deserve it 100%

Keep on the great job
DeltaLover is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2012, 05:37 AM   #9
Jay Trotter
CHEESEY

I could not think of a more deserving "Champion" and especially our very first "Player of the Year". Talented and humble all in one package.

Well done Aner! Enjoy your year as the Champ.

Cudos as well to Red Knave and ndsc32 -- job well done as well.

Jim Schoenfeld
Jay Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #10
maddog42

Quote:
When I decided to stop submitting picks in the Gapfire contest after getting a nice ROI lead after the minimum number the races had been bet, there was criticism. And I understand that. If I were not in the lead, I would have led the cry of sandbagging.
You played within the rules. You did nothing wrong. Winners often take a lot of heat.
I am incredibly jealous. I have constructed a Voodoo doll in your likeness and you are likely to feel sharp pains coming any minute now. I will also burn
an effigy of you. Psychics will bombard you with hateful feelings and you will suffer constant heartburn and bouts of flatulence..... Oh to hell with all that.
Congratulations, you worked hard and deserved to win. I am a sore loser.
If I were you I would be strutting up and down the Cyber-PA sidewalk like a banty rooster, proclaiming my superior handicapping skills to any who would listen.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:56 AM   #11
Red Knave
dGnr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog42
... and you are likely to feel sharp pains coming any minute now ... and you will suffer constant heartburn and bouts of flatulence....
That was you? My doctor said it was just the "ageing process". (And if one more medical type says that to me I'll show him a process ... )

Aner, I thought I was the only one obsessed with these contests. I guess that's what you have to do to finish well. You outplayed everyone and deserve the win. Congratulations.

And special thanks to the sponsors, organizers and all the other participants. On a personal note, shout outs as well to Jay Trotter, Ted Craven and new friend Track Collector. Thanks.

Man, we just barely have time to draw a couple of breaths and it's AQU Inner time which means ... Riders Up! Yee haw

The takers get the honey, the givers sing the blues - Robin Trower, Too Rolling Stoned - 1974
Red Knave is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2012, 09:20 AM   #12
Exotic1

Congratulations Aner.

Lots of hard work I'm sure. Nice job.
Exotic1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #13
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Congrats on a job well done.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #14