Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-11-2021, 01:00 PM   #1
tbwinner

Have you ever heard of weather and ATC issues only affecting One Airline? Southwest i

Anyone following this? Major ****ups in Southwest's operations since Friday. 1000s of cancellations.

They blamed weather and ATC.

But why would that only affect Southwest!?!?!?!?!? American had one tenth of the cancellations that SW had over the weekend.

Rumor is vax mandate sickout/walkout by ATC controllers and SWA pilots. SWA pilot union denies it because it would be an illegal strike(no warning).
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2021, 01:06 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Pilots must be particularly concerned with these vaccines and their heightened risk of blood clots...considering that flying also increases your risk of getting a blood clot...so I'm not surprised.
Old 10-11-2021, 01:29 PM   #3
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Pilots must be particularly concerned with these vaccines and their heightened risk of blood clots...considering that flying also increases your risk of getting a blood clot...so I'm not surprised.
I think you’re right, pilots and flight attendants makes more sense than ATC’s which I said in another thread.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2021, 01:35 PM   #4
Marshall Bennett

Anything reported by the FAA or federal govt. can't be taken seriously any longer and since common sense suggest mandates, its definitely the only way to go.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2021, 06:16 PM   #5
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

If they say it is weather related, THEY DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR YOUR HOTEL ROOM AND MEAL.

I guess that says all you need know about SW.
Old 10-11-2021, 08:01 PM   #6
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
When an airline and the mainstream media claims flight cancellations are weather related:

Shouldn't there be, I don't know... weather that shows up on an actual weather report?

-jp

Old 10-11-2021, 08:33 PM   #7
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
When an airline and the mainstream media claims flight cancellations are weather related:

Shouldn't there be, I don't know... weather that shows up on an actual weather report?

-jp

Some might say things are a mess, I read airlines have been getting huge fines imposed on them for passengers being forced to sit on planes for hours due to reasons not explained in the article. I believe several company's were involved, prior to reading that it was like a month before I was reading some airline company's had company wide computer outages forcing the grounding of whole fleets for days. So when I see weather I think major computer glitches and the costs might get be less under weather category.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2021, 08:55 PM   #8
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Do something good for your ego

Go out and learn to fly!!!

https://www.aopa.org/training-and-sa...flying-for-fun
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2021, 12:03 AM   #9
lamboguy

nature briefing is not at all politically biased

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02291-2
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2021, 06:18 AM   #10
davew

many SW employees feeling 'under the weather' and will be using up their vacation and sick days.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2021, 07:22 AM   #11
Marshall Bennett

Biden claimed in his speech in Chicago that United airlines was 99% vaccinated. I don't believe this for a minute. There cannot be such a difference between the #3 and #4 airline, (Southwest).
The UAL CEO was at the speech and nodded to these numbers. I think there are more crooked liars in corporate power than folks realize. I don't trust but a few of these numbers the're cramming down our throats. My sense is if they report 75-80% of Americans are vaccinated, they'll shame the remaining 20% to capitulate.My thoughts are the numbers and sources (too often sources aren't even mentioned) are fabricated to fit the narrative.
With their track record on honesty in recent times, how can anyone trust what they tell us anymore?
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2021, 09:30 AM   #12
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Good point. Sometimes even I forget how brutally corrupt this world is, and blindly take faith in numbers spit out to me by the students of Goebbels.
Old 10-12-2021, 12:03 PM   #13
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
many SW employees feeling 'under the weather' and will be using up their vacation and sick days.
A friend had planned a trip w his wife to Florida for 5 days. Anniversary celebration. The night before, Southwest calls and tells them flights on both ends of their trip have been canceled.

This was 3 days ago.
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2021, 12:13 PM   #14
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
There’s a one in a thousand chance of getting a blood clot in the general population. There were seven blood clots from seven million J & J vaccines.

If I were a flight attendant or a pilot (DO NOT FLY ON THAT PLANE) I would be more likely to refuse to fly on a plane where no one was vaccinated than one where vaccines were mandated.

Southwest laid off a lot of people during the pandemic and have had trouble getting all of them back.
Old 10-12-2021, 12:21 PM   #15
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post

If I were a flight attendant or a pilot (DO NOT FLY ON THAT PLANE) I would be more likely to refuse to fly on a plane where no one was vaccinated than one where vaccines were mandated.
Why? The "vaccine" confers near 100% protection against the unvaccinated according to you. Why do you care?
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply