Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-06-2021, 02:01 AM   #31
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Mark Elliot Zuckerberg lost 6 billion, I hope they take the company apart.
What is your insane fascination with middle names?
Old 10-06-2021, 09:19 AM   #32
boxcar

Six Key Takeaways From Senate Hearing With Facebook Whistleblower

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_mo...VgmcmCGohp0%3D

So...the bottom line to this dog and pony show is that this Frances gal is calling for standard rules for the internet. What!? The internet!? So...FB and Instagram = the entire internet? Nowhere in the hearing was there a call for standard rules for only social media platforms. She's calling for this government to fully regulate the internet.

Okay...now it's starting to makes sense why this moonbat is appearing before the senate, and why Zuckerface went sailing.
Old 10-06-2021, 10:22 AM   #33
Dave Schwartz

FWIW, I was invited by Facebook to take a survey this morning.

It was all about the fact checking, blocked posts, etc.

I see this as good news; that FB is feeling the pressure. Frankly, I'd like to see them lose another bunch of billions.

Of course, the damage to our country has already been done and they will never be held accountable for that. Besides, it was all within their legal rights.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2021, 11:51 AM   #34
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
FWIW, I was invited by Facebook to take a survey this morning.

It was all about the fact checking, blocked posts, etc.

I see this as good news; that FB is feeling the pressure. Frankly, I'd like to see them lose another bunch of billions.

Of course, the damage to our country has already been done and they will never be held accountable for that. Besides, it was all within their legal rights.
I'll believe it when I see it. Other than a court of law, no entity should assume the right to "fact check" for everyone else. Why would FB or anyone else presume that they have a mortal lock on what is factual!? What qualifies them to appoint themselves as arbiters of truth/fact? Every individual has the right and responsibility to decide truth/facts for himself. Anyone who conceals the other side to any story to present only their side should never be trusted! Never! This is called lying by omission! At least it is in this universe.
Old 10-06-2021, 12:23 PM   #35
boxcar

Democrats and Media Do Not Want to Weaken Facebook, Just Commandeer its Power to Censor

"Whistleblower" Frances Haugen is a vital media and political asset because she advances their quest for greater control over online political discourse.

Much is revealed by who is bestowed hero status by the corporate media. This week's anointed avatar of stunning courage is Frances Haugen, a former Facebook product manager being widely hailed as a "whistleblower” for providing internal corporate documents to the Wall Street Journal relating to the various harms which Facebook and its other platforms (Instagram and WhatsApp) are allegedly causing.

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/dem...do-not-want-to

Cannot everyone now see through this scam? Can anyone not see how government takeover of the internet would not benefit the FBs of this world? How government takeover would not guarantee full liability immunity forever to the likes of FB and others? How government takeover would make social media platforms innocent bystanders in the eyes of many of their subscribers? Does anyone not understand how the game of "Good Cop, Bad Cop" is played"
Old 10-06-2021, 12:39 PM   #36
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
What is your insane fascination with middle names?
What's it to you, Mos T. Post?
Old 10-06-2021, 02:11 PM   #37
boxcar

Bongino says that this FB coordinated "scandal" is a trap! I agree totally!

https://bongino.com/ep-1620-its-a-trap
Old 10-06-2021, 03:17 PM   #38
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I'll believe it when I see it. Other than a court of law, no entity should assume the right to "fact check" for everyone else. Why would FB or anyone else presume that they have a mortal lock on what is factual!? What qualifies them to appoint themselves as arbiters of truth/fact? Every individual has the right and responsibility to decide truth/facts for himself. Anyone who conceals the other side to any story to present only their side should never be trusted! Never! This is called lying by omission! At least it is in this universe.
You are talking about moral grounds here.

FB is, of course, a private business and can pretty much do what they want. (I know you know this.)

As for the part I put in bold (above) - apparently they/WE DO NOT have that right when it comes to private enterprise.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2021, 03:56 PM   #39
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
You are talking about moral grounds here.

FB is, of course, a private business and can pretty much do what they want. (I know you know this.)

As for the part I put in bold (above) - apparently they/WE DO NOT have that right when it comes to private enterprise.
Only if FB admits they're in the publishing business. Then they can censor anything they want. Then they can call the shots anyway they want.

And why don't we have a right to think for ourselves!? I'm not saying that we have a right to say anything we want at any time for any reason at any place. But I am saying that as rationale, moral beings, we have the right and responsibility to choose for ourselves between right and wrong -- what is truth what is falsehood -- what is fact what is fiction. Since FB denies being a publisher and covets its liability protection under federal law, then FB should not have it both ways; it should certainly allow consenting and dissenting opinions to flow freely on its platform.
Old 10-07-2021, 12:38 AM   #40
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Bongino says that this FB coordinated "scandal" is a trap! I agree totally!

https://bongino.com/ep-1620-its-a-trap
watching the democrats ask questions and praising her for her 'bravery' makes you wonder wtf? another dimwit pundit claiming to be impartial?
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-07-2021, 08:28 AM   #41
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
watching the democrats ask questions and praising her for her 'bravery' makes you wonder wtf? another dimwit pundit claiming to be impartial?
Yes...she's such a brave little leftist for telling the world that Mr. Z is such a greedy slime ball.