Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 12-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #1
Pacingguy

Windows Shut at YR?

I don't know if anyone knows when the judges shut wagering on a race at YR. Is it when the gate opens or when the horses reach the starting line? The reason I wonder is with their quick release it allows more time for people to bet on the off.

If anyone knows, I would appreciate knowing it.
Pacingguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2013, 05:08 PM   #2
Just a Fan

I'm wondering the same thing. By rule, when should they stop wagering, and when do they stop wagering. I mean, its probably not a track rule, its gotta be a state rule that defines when to shut off wagering, right?

I also wonder about Maywood, where the gate pulls away even earlier than at Yonkers.

Based on recent events it would seem that YR stops wagering when the horses reach the starting line. And if they stopped wagering when the gate actually opens, it would cost them an unknown but decent amount of handle.

At some tracks, either a bell or a buzzer sounds from the tote system when the race closes. We would need someone ontrack at Yonkers to tell us if that is the case there, and when it happens.

Sorry I can't answer the question.
Just a Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2013, 05:31 PM   #3
Pacingguy

Rule 4122.7 NYSGC

Found the answer. Seek and you get.

§ 4122.7. Time for wagering to close.
All wagering shall stop as soon as the word "go" shall be given either by record or by voice of the starter. Where vending machines for the sale of pari-mutuel tickets are used, they shall be electrically locked by the presiding judge from the judges' stand

Based on this, it would appear wagering stops once the gate releases the field before the reach the starting line.

Last edited by Pacingguy; 12-06-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Pacingguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply