Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #121
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicab
Have you ever heard the old saying "consider the source" ?
If the source has been wrong before, is of low quality, lacks credibility......
Court systems and law enforcement authorities use it all of the time.
Like I said......Common sense.
And what happened to your, don't shoot the messenger argument ?
Even though Guillot is the accuser......
Did I miss what you were saying there also ?
Why would the source matter if you already have the info? If the judges are intently watching Saez's hands and scouring the replays and checking his locker, they're either going to find a buzzer in his locker...or not. They are also going to find that he did or did not have a buzzer in his hand thru careful inspection of videotape. What does any of that investigation have to do with Guillot and his reputation?

If they found a buzzer in the guy's locker, are they going to say they didnt find anything because Guillot is an unlikeable guy?
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2013, 04:45 PM   #122
taxicab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Why would the source matter if you already have the info? If the judges are intently watching Saez's hands and scouring the replays and checking his locker, they're either going to find a buzzer in his locker...or not. They are also going to find that he did or did not have a buzzer in his hand thru careful inspection of videotape. What does any of that investigation have to do with Guillot and his reputation?

If they found a buzzer in the guy's locker, are they going to say they didnt find anything because Guillot is an unlikeable guy?

I guess I'm going to have to spell this out for you.

My initial post in this thread was simply stating that the person ( Eric Guillot ) who filed the complaint with the authorities has a history of acting like a fool.
I was stating that anything he says should be taken with a grain of salt, due to the fact that he likes to hear himself talk.
It was quite clear in my post that's all I was saying.

But you Mr. Stillriledup highlighted my post and decided TO MAKE SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING !

My post was just a simple statement, no different than many on this thread.
But you had nothing better to do than "stir it up".
If you're so lacking for things to do that you want to play games with other peoples words, that's fine.
Just do me a favor and play games with somebody else.

Thank You.
Greatly appreciated.
taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2013, 05:00 PM   #123
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicab
I guess I'm going to have to spell this out for you.

My initial post in this thread was simply stating that the person ( Eric Guillot ) who filed the complaint with the authorities has a history of acting like a fool.
I was stating that anything he says should be taken with a grain of salt, due to the fact that he likes to hear himself talk.
It was quite clear in my post that's all I was saying.

But you Mr. Stillriledup highlighted my post and decided TO MAKE SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING !

My post was just a simple statement, no different than many on this thread.
But you had nothing better to do than "stir it up".
If you're so lacking for things to do that you want to play games with other peoples words, that's fine.
Just do me a favor and play games with somebody else.

Thank You.
Greatly appreciated.
Sorry Cabber, didnt mean to come down hard on you, i apologize if i came across as harsh, that wasnt my intention.

I agree with you that Guillot isnt exactly the most well liked person on the backstretches of america, he does have a reputation, i'm not arguing with that.

His reputation could theoretically come into play if the judges decided to NOT investigate Saez under the grounds that the guy making the accusation is a blowhard. But, in my opinion, once they started investigating, i believe that the investigation can stand or fall strictly on the evidence and that Guillot being a blowhard isnt a factor once the judges start digging into the case. That's all i was saying.

No hard feelings? Can we still be pals?
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #124
Robert Fischer
clean money

Have some fun guys!,
we are witnessing another (albeit very small) piece of racing legend.

The technology of the slow-motion video footage seems to dispel the suspicions, which is good, but it also takes away some of the mystery. I don't know that people will be talking about this for years to come, but it's a footnote. Will Take CHARGE wins the Travers by a nose over Moreno, and journeyman Saez accused of using the buzzer.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #125
taxicab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Sorry Cabber, didnt mean to come down hard on you, i apologize if i came across as harsh, that wasnt my intention.

I agree with you that Guillot isnt exactly the most well liked person on the backstretches of america, he does have a reputation, i'm not arguing with that.

His reputation could theoretically come into play if the judges decided to NOT investigate Saez under the grounds that the guy making the accusation is a blowhard. But, in my opinion, once they started investigating, i believe that the investigation can stand or fall strictly on the evidence and that Guillot being a blowhard isnt a factor once the judges start digging into the case. That's all i was saying.

No hard feelings? Can we still be pals?

Not a problem.
taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2013, 06:36 PM   #126
TurfRuler

Heard any real news about Saginaw?
TurfRuler is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #127
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
Ok..
Now, let's hypothesize for a moment.
With all of the accusations and suspicions posters on here discuss as to their theories regarding the game and how those accusations and suspicions( betting after the start, PED's in the barns) and how those suspicions may adversely affect the introduction of new people to the game, in your opinion would it not be prudent for a racing jurisdiction to where practical any measures which would be used to protect the integrity of the sport? Things such as giving outriders authority to report suspicious activity?
Outriders don't need authority to report something suspicious. You and I could report something suspicious and I suspect it would be taken about as seriously (as long as it wasn't something completely off the wall).

I would be surprised if the majority of outriders that see something suspicious actually report it...it's human nature...

Now, if it's an out of town jock, or a jock that everyone despises for some reason, that's a different story.

For the most part, I would think an outrider wouldn't rat out a local jock, but this is only my opinion of course. I could be dead wrong.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #128
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordep17
watched it a few times more.
Definitely looks to be a handoff---Im just not sure why the other jockey would be in it...
That's easy...he rode one of the losing Lukas horses...
Old 09-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #129
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66
now that video ought to put this thing to rest. the part where he pulled his right hand off and still had his hand clenched when he brought it to his thigh and then back to his reins was the part on the full speed video that made it look very sketchy. But this video nullifies that for sure.
Really? I thought that video looked even more suspicious than the original...maybe I need to watch it again...
Old 09-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #130
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

BTW, let us all not forget that buzzers are more common than probably most people think around racetracks across the country...
Old 09-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #131
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
BTW, let us all not forget that buzzers are more common than probably most people think around racetracks across the country...
Really? What's the basis of this statement?
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #132
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
Really? What's the basis of this statement?
Personal knowledge.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #133
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Personal knowledge.
Interesting. I've spent a decent amount of time on the backstretches of two t'bred tracks and one harness track, and it certainly wasn't the case.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2013, 07:57 PM   #134
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
Interesting. I've spent a decent amount of time on the backstretches of two t'bred tracks and one harness track, and it certainly wasn't the case.
I also include in the discussion use of buzzers in the morning...

I'm not claiming it is WIDESPREAD...what I am claiming is that they are in use more than people might think.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #135
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
I also include in the discussion use of buzzers in the morning...

I'm not claiming it is WIDESPREAD...what I am claiming is that they are in use more than people might think.
I agree with PA.

The buzzer is somewhat ingrained in the culture/ lore of racing.

It has a reputation of being a useful training tool.