Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 10-10-2021, 07:25 AM   #1
jim michalak

Wink List of speed favoring tracks and surfaces

Anybody know where I can obtain a list of the top speed favoring tracks and surfaces? Thanks!
jim michalak is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2021, 10:57 AM   #2
sharkey11

you might try brisnet they give a weekly report called at a glance this might give what your looking for . long time ago i think as pimlco being a speed track if you mean front speed . gl
sharkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2021, 08:42 PM   #3
taxicab

I'll mention this one because the Breeders Cup is coming up @ Del Mar.
Inside speed owned the grass sprints over the Summer.
If the course plays the same way in early November,the profile has to be factored in.
taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2021, 07:32 PM   #4
MJC922

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicab View Post
I'll mention this one because the Breeders Cup is coming up @ Del Mar.
Inside speed owned the grass sprints over the Summer.
If the course plays the same way in early November,the profile has to be factored in.
Speaking of Turf Sprints, Juvenile turf sprint is at 5F. I was watching a few replays tonight, One Timer and Averly Jane. Any thoughts on these? I like how professional Averly Jane is, she's a good gate horse and her head is totally in the game, One Timer definitely has me worried though. Anyone else have thoughts on this race?
Old 10-12-2021, 02:41 AM   #5
taxicab

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC922 View Post
Speaking of Turf Sprints, Juvenile turf sprint is at 5F. I was watching a few replays tonight, One Timer and Averly Jane. Any thoughts on these? I like how professional Averly Jane is, she's a good gate horse and her head is totally in the game, One Timer definitely has me worried though. Anyone else have thoughts on this race?
Both are super quick,but a different kind of quick.
Averly Jane just glides along up front,does it on her own......she set a stakes record yesterday......the first time she ever tried the turf.
One Timer has that Larry Rivelli speed thing going for sure......he absolutely has to be on the lead to be effective......but he needs some pushing if need be,not a glider like AJ.
A couple more that are interesting:
Bubble Rock for Brad Cox,she's freaking large.......Amazon like.
Gal in a Rush: Second to Bubble Rock....doubt she gets in.......distance and course profile probably don't fit her anyway......but somewhere down the road she's going to win a big race at a square price......has a nice closing gear.
taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: