Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-05-2021, 10:41 AM   #1
classhandicapper
Registered User
 
classhandicapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 17,970
Baby Yoda

Baby Yoda Beyer 114

Olympiad Beyer 106.

Everyone though Ducale was the hot prospect in the race but he got buried by the top two. There are some very fast 3yo sprinters out there now.
__________________
“Truth is Treason in an Empire of Lies”
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2021, 11:03 AM   #2
cj
@TimeformUSfigs
 
cj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 45,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Baby Yoda Beyer 114

Olympiad Beyer 106.

Everyone though Ducale was the hot prospect in the race but he got buried by the top two. There are some very fast 3yo sprinters out there now.
I got him at 125, probably could have went to 129 but was a little conservative. The 114 seems too high to me, we'll see. The 6.5f races have a significantly longer run up which is why I went 125 instead of 129.

Last edited by cj; 09-05-2021 at 12:13 PM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2021, 11:32 AM   #3
classhandicapper
Registered User
 
classhandicapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 17,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I got him at 125, probably could have went to 129 but was a little conservative. The 114 seems too high to me, we'll see. The 6.5f races have a significantly long run up which is why I went 125 instead of 129.
I haven’t checked the day yet to see if anything was split or broken out.

It was a big race either way.
__________________
“Truth is Treason in an Empire of Lies”
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2021, 12:13 PM   #4
cj
@TimeformUSfigs
 
cj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 45,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I haven’t checked the day yet to see if anything was split or broken out.

It was a big race either way.
No doubt, I'm just skeptical it was the fastest race of the meet. I didn't break anything out, saw no reason to do so, but maybe the Beyer team did.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2021, 12:32 PM   #5
Robert Fischer
clean money
 
Robert Fischer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 21,710
brilliant performance

a horse coming into the race with some unexposed form
the term 'ceiling' is trending in sports talk, and we didn't know his ceiling.

He surprised and ran a stakes-level performance.
__________________
Preparation. Discipline. Patience. Decisiveness.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2021, 02:35 PM   #6
JustRalph
Just another Facist
 
JustRalph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Now in Houston
Posts: 48,471
Anybody see the Mott interview after?

I think the rabbit foiled their plans
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2021, 03:38 PM   #7
Tom
The Voice of Reason!
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Canandaigua, New york
Posts: 106,222
An impressive race, this one ran!
__________________
Who does the Racing Form Detective like in this one?
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2021, 10:28 PM   #8
classhandicapper
Registered User
 
classhandicapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 17,970
Throw Flightline into the mix of what seems like an endless supply of potentially great 3yo sprinters.
__________________
“Truth is Treason in an Empire of Lies”
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2021, 04:58 AM   #9
dilanesp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Throw Flightline into the mix of what seems like an endless supply of potentially great 3yo sprinters.
Yeah but only Baby Yoda can move the starting gate into position himself.
dilanesp is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2021, 04:11 PM   #10
classhandicapper
Registered User
 
classhandicapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 17,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I haven’t checked the day yet to see if anything was split or broken out.

All the dirt races used the same track variant.
__________________
“Truth is Treason in an Empire of Lies”
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-22-2021, 05:20 PM   #11
Tom
The Voice of Reason!
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Canandaigua, New york
Posts: 106,222
"Ohio, not fond of I am!"
------Baby Yoda 11/22/21
__________________
Who does the Racing Form Detective like in this one?
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-22-2021, 07:06 PM   #12
classhandicapper
Registered User
 
classhandicapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 17,970
With the benefit of seeing horses come out of the race, the 114 Beyer looks a little high, but even if it was qualitatively 5-6 points lower, it was still a strong performance backed up by the wins of the 2nd and 3rd place finishers.

Today's trip was pretty nightmarish. He was off slowly by few lengths and dropped back to last in the large field; picked up horses nicely 3 wide on the turn, and was still running well when stopped in the stretch. This wasn't the strongest field; but it wasn't a terrible race given the trip. That fast effort looks a little fluky, but still a nice horse.
__________________
“Truth is Treason in an Empire of Lies”
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2021, 03:12 AM   #13
taxicab
Registered User
 
taxicab's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
With the benefit of seeing horses come out of the race, the 114 Beyer looks a little high, but even if it was qualitatively 5-6 points lower, it was still a strong performance backed up by the wins of the 2nd and 3rd place finishers.

Today's trip was pretty nightmarish. He was off slowly by few lengths and dropped back to last in the large field; picked up horses nicely 3 wide on the turn, and was still running well when stopped in the stretch. This wasn't the strongest field; but it wasn't a terrible race given the trip. That fast effort looks a little fluky, but still a nice horse.
Some horses love that hard Saratoga dirt........perhaps BY falls in that direction.
BTW:
The winner was terrible on paper.
I'm suggesting the 24 hour Drive Thru Pharmacy was in play.

Last edited by taxicab; 11-23-2021 at 03:23 AM.
taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2021, 11:29 AM   #14
cj
@TimeformUSfigs
 
cj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 45,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicab View Post
Some horses love that hard Saratoga dirt........perhaps BY falls in that direction.
BTW:
The winner was terrible on paper.
I'm suggesting the 24 hour Drive Thru Pharmacy was in play.
MVR is an odd track. Having seen the post race interview, if that guy is cheating, we're all doomed. He could barely talk he was so overcome with emotion.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2021, 11:32 AM   #15
mountainman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 4,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
"Ohio, not fond of I am!"
------Baby Yoda 11/22/21
Fond of me been have they not. Mahoning bet on still will I.
mountainman is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Is it a good deal for US that FOX now has the Belmont Stakes
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2021 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.