Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 12-14-2011, 04:04 PM   #1
badcompany

Jordan Stratton: Much Improved

Had you asked me a year ago, I would've said he'd spend his career as a journeyman, but, lately he seems to have put it all together and has become a big time driver.

I first noticed it this summer, while I was betting everyday at Saratoga. Now, I watch a lot of races from Yonkers on the NYRA network, and, Stratton has taken it to another level. He has vastly improved his timing, decision making and ability to take control of a race.

― Thomas Sowell
badcompany is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2011, 09:38 PM   #2
Hanover1

The move to YR from Saratoga is indeed a nice leap. However, when we start seeing him in major stakes with the likes of Pierce and Tetrick, ect...we will then know he has arrived.
Hanover1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2011, 01:01 PM   #3
badcompany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanover1
The move to YR from Saratoga is indeed a nice leap. However, when we start seeing him in major stakes with the likes of Pierce and Tetrick, ect...we will then know he has arrived.
I wouldn't put him in a league with those guys, yet, but I would put him ahead of the mid-level guys at Yonkers like Pantaliano, Holland and Gregory.

I remember seeing Tetrick when he was still at Maywood and thinking that he was something special.

Conversely, I remember Pierce when he was nothing special, a second tier driver at the Meadowlands, but, he just kept improving to the point where he was one of the best.

― Thomas Sowell
Old 12-15-2011, 05:59 PM   #4
Hanover1

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcompany
I wouldn't put him in a league with those guys, yet, but I would put him ahead of the mid-level guys at Yonkers like Pantaliano, Holland and Gregory.

I remember seeing Tetrick when he was still at Maywood and thinking that he was something special.

Conversely, I remember Pierce when he was nothing special, a second tier driver at the Meadowlands, but, he just kept improving to the point where he was one of the best.
Your thoughts on Marcus Miller?
Hanover1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2011, 07:30 PM   #5
badcompany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanover1
Your thoughts on Marcus Miller?
Haven't followed Maywood as of late, but, from what I've seen, he seems to have some ability.

Besides Stratton, the driver I've seen make the most improvement in the past year is Art Stafford Jr. He used to flat out suck, but, something must've clicked, because this past summer at Harrington he looked like a completely different driver.

― Thomas Sowell

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: