Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > PaceAdvantage Arlington Outing 2016 - Sat July 23d

Old 05-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #1
jdhanover

Details - more guests, attendee list and a freebie!

Things are really shaping up for the AP Outing!!! If you have been on the fence about attending, you really should jump in. It continues to get better. Additional guests (see below), healthy attendance all 3 days, and even free admission!

I have had a few requests to share the current attendee list and some more details so here you go (and there is more to follow):

1) We will have passes for admission for all three days at the Will Call window (I believe under "Hanover") courtesy of Arlington

2) We have 4 boxes for Saturday (thanks to Chris)... and we will have 3 for Friday (If needed, we can buy a 4th but I think we will be ok). We can decide what to do for Sunday (maybe the Terrace Cafe that Mostpost suggested or we get some boxes for Sunday)

3) As mentioned elsewhere, Jessica Pacheco (AP Racing Analyst) and Bob Dwyer (HANA) will stop by (Bob may stick around on Saturday with us). Also, Arlington GM Tony Petrillo will be visiting us! Jessica is goig to see if there is a time when Tim Thornton, the subject of the video series she posted elsewhere on PA, can stop by. We (really, Chris) are also working on having a trainer and jockey join us either during the day or, possibly, to join us for dinner (how cool would that be!?!?). Note: if either/both do join, I am going to ask our group to pick up the tab for their meals (hey, the jock better not eat much! LOL). Spread over 10-15 of us, we are only talking a few $

4) Speaking of dinner, still trying to figure that out. I called Maggianos but they cannot accomodate a group more than 15 without charging for a private room (didn't find out how much - could if people prefer that idea). Will entertain more ideas (places near the track preferred). So I need a definite count ASAP as we now show 11-15 plus possibly trainer/jockey. Thinking since it is a Sat night we need to make a reservation soon so I'd like to have this nailed down ASAP.

5) Who is bringing a computer? A couple of power strips will be a good idea (I will bring one...thinking we need a couple more). Table space in the boxes is a little tight but we can manage.

Attendee list (there may have been a change or two...please let me know if I missed you or missed taking you off the list):

1 Jdhanover Jon Hanover F/Sa/Sun Dinner
2 Mostpost F/Sa/Sun Dinner
3 tbwinner F/Sa/Sun Dinner
4 wisconsin F/Sun
5 stuball F/Sa/Sun
6 illinoisbred F/Sa/Sun Dinner
7 thearmada F/Sa Dinner?
8 Steve 'StatMan' F/Sa/Sun
9 Thaskalos F/Sa/Sun Dinner
10/11 Windoor +1 ?? F/Sa/Sun Dinner
12 Goforgin F/Sa/Sun Dinner?
13 Valuist F/Sa/Sun Dinner?
14 Top Secret F/Sa/Sun Dinner
15 JimmyQ F/Sa/Sun Dinner?
16 Foul +1 Sa Dinner
17 CapperAl F?/Sa Dinner
18 ArlJim78 F/Sa/Sun Dinner

Friday 16 to 17
Saturday 16 to 18
Sunday 14 to 15
Dinner count 11 to 15

Last edited by jdhanover; 05-30-2012 at 08:53 PM.
jdhanover is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2012, 09:23 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Wow, this is really shaping up to be quite the impressive first outing. I really wish I could attend, but previous commitments seem to be preventing that from happening...I hope somehow I'm able to get out there though...Arlington has always been on my bucket list...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #3
goforgin
goforgin

I'm in for Fri and Sat, and also Sat dinner if near AP. Dinner place doesn't matter to me. I already have Friday scheduled off work and am looking forward to the outing. I have a power strip if needed, but cord is one of those short 3 footers.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:59 PM   #4
jdhanover

PA....u gotta make it happen!

Goforgin....that power cord will be great. It doesnt need to be long. Gld you can make it for dinner.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:05 PM   #5
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhanover
Things are really shaping up for the AP Outing!!! If you have been on the fence about attending, you really should jump in. It continues to get better. Additional guests (see below), healthy attendance all 3 days, and even free admission!

I have had a few requests to share the current attendee list and some more details so here you go (and there is more to follow):

1) We will have passes for admission for all three days at the Will Call window (I believe under "Hanover") courtesy of Arlington

2) We have 4 boxes for Saturday (thanks to Chris)... and we will have 3 for Friday (If needed, we can buy a 4th but I think we will be ok). We can decide what to do for Sunday (maybe the Terrace Cafe that Mostpost suggested or we get some boxes for Sunday)

3) As mentioned elsewhere, Jessica Pacheco (AP Racing Analyst) and Bob Dwyer (HANA) will stop by (Bob may stick around on Saturday with us). Also, Arlington GM Tony Petrillo will be visiting us! Jessica is goig to see if there is a time when Tim Thornton, the subject of the video series she posted elsewhere on PA, can stop by. We (really, Chris) are also working on having a trainer and jockey join us either during the day or, possibly, to join us for dinner (how cool would that be!?!?). Note: if either/both do join, I am going to ask our group to pick up the tab for their meals (hey, the jock better not eat much! LOL). Spread over 10-15 of us, we are only talking a few $

4) Speaking of dinner, still trying to figure that out. I called Maggianos but they cannot accomodate a group more than 15 without charging for a private room (didn't find out how much - could if people prefer that idea). Will entertain more ideas (places near the track preferred). So I need a definite count ASAP as we now show 11-15 plus possibly trainer/jockey. Thinking since it is a Sat night we need to make a reservation soon so I'd like to have this nailed down ASAP.

5) Who is bringing a computer? A couple of power strips will be a good idea (I will bring one...thinking we need a couple more). Table space in the boxes is a little tight but we can manage.

Attendee list (there may have been a change or two...please let me know if I missed you or missed taking you off the list):

1 Jdhanover Jon Hanover F/Sa/Sun Dinner
2 Mostpost F/Sa/Sun Dinner
3 tbwinner F/Sa/Sun Dinner
4 wisconsin F/Sun
5 stuball F/Sa/Sun
6 illinoisbred F/Sa/Sun Dinner
7 thearmada F/Sa Dinner?
8 Steve 'StatMan' F/Sa/Sun
9 Thaskalos F/Sa/Sun Dinner
10/11 Windoor +1 ?? F/Sa/Sun Dinner
12 Goforgin F/Sa/Sun Dinner?
13 Valuist F/Sa/Sun Dinner?
14 Top Secret F/Sa/Sun Dinner
15 JimmyQ F/Sa/Sun Dinner?
16 Foul +1 Sa Dinner
17 CapperAl F?/Sa Dinner
18 ArlJim78 F/Sa/Sun Dinner

Friday 16 to 17
Saturday 16 to 18
Sunday 14 to 15
Dinner count 11 to 15
I need to correct the days you have for my attendance. Not that it is in any way your fault that what you have is wrong. That is what I posted originally. I did mention in a later post that I may not be able to make it on Saturday and Sunday, but I can see how you may have missed that. So here is the revised revision.
I will definitely be there on Friday.
I will not be attending on Saturday nor will I be attending the dinner that evening.
I will probably not be attending on Sunday, and if I do I will not be there until later.

Why the change? Hopefully without boring everyone too much, I shall explain.
Since I was a senior in High school in 1959 I have been a fan of the local High School's basketball team; attending 60 to 100% of the games each season. Since retiring I have attended nearly al the games home and away, I have met a lot of great people and made some good friends among the parents each year.

Most folks do not know, but Illinois has an extensive summer league program for basketball in June. Most teams play in leagues on Monday thru Thursday and each weekend there are tournaments of up to 40 teams. Teams play three or even four games on each of the tournament days. The tournament on our weekend is being held Saturday and Sunday at Illinois Wesleyan.
University in Bloomington/Normal, Il. I will be attending that tournament on those days.
But I am definitely looking forward to Friday.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:30 PM   #6
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Take lots of pictures
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2012, 11:37 PM   #7
jdhanover

Got it Mostpost...I think i left it since you werent sure...I was being optimistic!

Look forward to meeting you on Friday that weekend.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:49 AM   #8
wisconsin

I'll likely have a guest with me.....so count 2 in my name.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:52 AM   #9
stuball

tickets

I need 2 tickets each day......also am thinking of making some videos of
the group and the speakers and visitors...need to figure out the best way
to post them so all the people not attending can see what they are missing.
Any help with the posting will be accepted and greatly appreciated..can PA put them on a server link..not sure how that would work...want to keep the videos
kind of short....help...Saratoga outing posts pictures....wanting to do
something extra for AP outing...again help pleeze...I know there are gurus on this out there....

Stuball
stuball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-02-2012, 09:18 AM   #10
foul

Do we have a group rate for a motel? If not can someone suggest a few places.

thank

foul
foul is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #11
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

Quote:

Since Jessica will stop by maybe I should too, I drive thru Chicago twice a week on my journey to the east coast.

The attendee list looks like a who's who , and not necessarily my crowd, but for a picture with Jessica, I could put up with almost anyone, lol.

I only need to find a place to put my truck with trailer, I think the parking lot is big enough, but not sure they allow us in there anymore, security issues and such.

I know Hawthorne was so easy to get to right off the highway and big lot to park in too.

Patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-02-2012, 03:17 PM   #12
jdhanover

Dont know...you could call AP. Also when Jessica (and other guests) stop by is a bit up in the air and very subject to change. I make no promises that they do on whatever day you were swinging thru town