Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-07-2018, 10:55 PM   #2566
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burls View Post
There's the Rethug spirit!
Definitely have them on tilt tonight...

"You're a dim!"

"I'm further right than you. I just find your "rightness" despicable. Reagan would be disappointed in you. Want to debate?. How do you feel about X"

"I'll debate you anytime or place!"

"Okay how do you feel about 'X'?"

"I said anytime anyplace."
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-07-2018, 10:55 PM   #2567
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burls View Post
There's the Rethug spirit!

There is the #DoAsISayNotAsIDo Demtard logic in a nutshell.

You guys really have no clue, do you?
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-07-2018, 10:57 PM   #2568
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Definitely have them on tilt tonight...

"You're a dim!"

"I'm further right than you. I just find your "rightness" despicable. Reagan would be disappointed in you. Want to debate?. How do you feel about X"

"I'll debate you anytime or place!"

"Okay how do you feel about 'X'?"

"I said anytime anyplace."
Yes. Anytime. Or are you afraid and need a safe space?
Old 10-07-2018, 11:04 PM   #2569
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
I'll answer whatever you want ET.
Fine since you can't or couldn't read post 2513 I'll start...

Let's start with entitlements. They suck. We need to remove benefits are adjust the system... let's take some campaign quotes:

REAGAN: The social security system was based on a false premise, with regard to how fast the number of workers would increase and how fast the number of retirees would increase. It is actuarially out of balance, and this first became evident about 16 years ago, and some of us were voicing warnings then. Now, it is trillions of dollars out of balance, and the only answer that has come so far is the biggest single tax increase in our Nation's history, the payroll tax increase for social security, which will only put a band-aid on this and postpone the day of reckoning by a few years at most.

Trump: We’re going to save your Social Security and we’re going to save your Medicare. We are going to save it because we’re going to make our country rich again, we’re going to bring back our jobs. We’re not going to let our jobs go. And we’re going to be able to afford. You’ve been paying in it for a long time and a lot of these guys want it to be knocked to hell. It’s not going to happen, OK? Remember that. It’s not going to happen.

So... one admits it's a broken ponzi scheme... the other...?

With jobs and being rich...?

I'll take Reagan how about you?
Old 10-07-2018, 11:09 PM   #2570
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Fine since you can't or couldn't read post 2513 I'll start...

Let's start with entitlements. They suck. We need to remove benefits are adjust the system... let's take some campaign quotes:

REAGAN: The social security system was based on a false premise, with regard to how fast the number of workers would increase and how fast the number of retirees would increase. It is actuarially out of balance, and this first became evident about 16 years ago, and some of us were voicing warnings then. Now, it is trillions of dollars out of balance, and the only answer that has come so far is the biggest single tax increase in our Nation's history, the payroll tax increase for social security, which will only put a band-aid on this and postpone the day of reckoning by a few years at most.

Trump: We’re going to save your Social Security and we’re going to save your Medicare. We are going to save it because we’re going to make our country rich again, we’re going to bring back our jobs. We’re not going to let our jobs go. And we’re going to be able to afford. You’ve been paying in it for a long time and a lot of these guys want it to be knocked to hell. It’s not going to happen, OK? Remember that. It’s not going to happen.

So... one admits it's a broken ponzi scheme... the other...?

With jobs and being rich...?

I'll take Reagan how about you?

Both are bullshit. The Baby Boomer generation has farked the rest of us.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:10 PM   #2571
newtothegame

Quote:
Whats your stance on the role of government in the economy?

On specific industry subsidies?

On telling business owners how to run their business?

How about entitlements?

Lets go down the list. I'll bring Reagan and Nixon along with me for quotes. You bring Trump. Lets see where we land on the spectrum.
As you dems like to claim about the constitution being "outdated", I think I will use the same logic....after all, whats good for the goose...(you get the point).
Its unfair to compare a Pres and the times from forty years ago to today....
(see dems), we can all do this!!!

The trajectory of all of the items listed has changed, therefore change is needed.
However, I will, as always, say that the least amount of government intervention is the best amount of intervention. I would also say, because I know your next dance step will be towards tariffs, that it is necessary for the government to intervene when foriegn governments are manipulating currency etc etc....
Now, back to the topic of this thread.....
Dems travesty of Kav!!!!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-07-2018, 11:14 PM   #2572
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Trump refuses to touch entitlements. He's said so multiple times.

Reagan authorized the Social Security Reform Act in 1983. Requiring an increase in payroll tax to cover rising benefit costs.

I can tell this game is going to go real bad for you already...

I'll take Reagan on the matter.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:15 PM   #2573
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:

1946-55 Boomers is the segment you're talking about....
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-07-2018, 11:15 PM   #2574
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
As you dems like to claim about the constitution being "outdated", I think I will use the same logic....after all, whats good for the goose...(you get the point).
Its unfair to compare a Pres and the times from forty years ago to today....
(see dems), we can all do this!!!

The trajectory of all of the items listed has changed, therefore change is needed.
However, I will, as always, say that the least amount of government intervention is the best amount of intervention. I would also say, because I know your next dance step will be towards tariffs, that it is necessary for the government to intervene when foriegn governments are manipulating currency etc etc....
Now, back to the topic of this thread.....
Dems travesty of Kav!!!!
That was a pretty long dodge and misdirect.

I asked specific questions and you managed not response on any. You were late to the party and still didn't bring anything!

You're making my point that when confronted with a REAL small government conservative you guys have ZERO to offer except hero worship for the Cheeto.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 10-07-2018 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:21 PM   #2575
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
1946-55 Boomers is the segment you're talking about....
Its irrelevant as it's not talking about the issue... some Republicans actively campaigned and legislated to raise eligibility ages among other things recently... Ryan, Boehner, McConnell, etc... you know all the...

RINOs...
Old 10-07-2018, 11:23 PM   #2576
newtothegame

Quote:
That was a pretty long dodge and misdirect.

I asked specific questions and you managed not response on any. You were late to the party and still didn't bring anything!

You're making my point that when confronted with a REAL small government conservative you guys have ZERO to offer except hero worship for the Cheeto.
No, I brought EXACTLY what you brought. You see, you want to pin us all down on answers but rarely if ever give your own.
SS.....broken!!! Both presidents acknowledged that aspect. In your quotes, I didn't see a solution from Reagan. At least Trump tried to say that by bringing back more jobs, yada yada yada...(which won't work either).
I believe the real issue not to be the funding, how to raise it, how to manage, etc etc.....The PROBLEM is the GREED of our politicians. You see, you can't put money within a country mile of any of those bastards without them hedging against it.
So, the answer is not a simple solution that is easily resolved. After all, the politicians won't put term limits on themselves or restraints such as "balanced budgets", and I am not talking smoke and mirrors balancing.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:23 PM   #2577
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Trump refuses to touch entitlements. He's said so multiple times.

Reagan authorized the Social Security Reform Act in 1983. Requiring an increase in payroll tax to cover rising benefit costs.

I can tell this game is going to go real bad for you already...

I'll take Reagan on the matter.

I agree with Reagan, but this is an end game negative.

It is crazy that Entitlements are 'off limits'. I knew when I was 12 years old nearly 35 years ago that I couldn't depend on even SS handouts from the government.

As a Gen Xer, I'm almost assured that I'll have to pay for former generations, and then post generations.

I work my ass off. I regularly work 70+ hour weeks. I've at least planned for $0 SS checks.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:26 PM   #2578
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
No, I brought EXACTLY what you brought. You see, you want to pin us all down on answers but rarely if ever give your own.
SS.....broken!!! Both presidents acknowledged that aspect. In your quotes, I didn't see a solution from Reagan. At least Trump tried to say that by bringing back more jobs, yada yada yada...(which won't work either).
I believe the real issue not to be the funding, how to raise it, how to manage, etc etc.....The PROBLEM is the GREED of our politicians. You see, you can't put money within a country mile of any of those bastards without them hedging against it.
So, the answer is not a simple solution that is easily resolved. After all, the politicians won't put term limits on themselves or restraints such as "balanced budgets", and I am not talking smoke and mirrors balancing.
Reagan legislated a massive tax hike to shore it up.

Trumps still talking about jobs.

Hang tight though its going to get fun... most of the answers to issues with Trump revolve around jobs and more government.

Keep playing its going to get good.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:27 PM   #2579
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Its irrelevant as it's not talking about the issue... some Republicans actively campaigned and legislated to raise eligibility ages among other things recently... Ryan, Boehner, McConnell, etc... you know all the...

RINOs...

Malcolm Gladwell has a similar perspective to the '46-55 Boomers.....That is, if you've read him.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-07-2018, 11:28 PM   #2580
newtothegame

Quote:
Reagan legislated a massive tax hike to shore it up.

Trumps still talking about jobs.

Hang tight though its going to get fun... most of the answers to issues with Trump revolve around jobs and more government.

Keep playing its going to get good.
But see, there is exactly the point...
"a massive tax hike to shore it up"....(meaning more revenue coming in).....
And where are we today??? Shored it up did it?? I mean why would Trump even be talking about SS if it was "shored" up?
governed.