Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-07-2016, 11:46 AM   #31
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I'm still holding out hope that people have more common sense than I give them credit for...
Alas, hope springs eternal, Mike, in this case, we having been invaded by a rabid species of "panty bunchers"....sadly, common sense is no match for a political psychology founded upon the "scrunchie"...

...In their mad attempt to include all in a just, fair SYSTEM, they rabidly exclude all those who just happen to NOT agree with them...they use such verbal devices as "you just don't understand the issues...if you did, you would think correctly, like US"...it is NOW about WOMEN, GAY PEOPLE, and PEOPLE OF COLOR...you are a white man....how could you possibly understand....?

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 11-07-2016 at 11:50 AM.
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2016, 11:54 AM   #32
LottaKash

“Elections belong to the people. It's their decision. If they decide to turn their back on the fire and burn their behinds, then they will just have to sit on their blisters.”
― Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-07-2016, 12:36 PM   #33
Marshall Bennett

Unfortunately your average American isn't really concerned about what's coming down around them. Few are adequately informed and a huge portion are simply spoiled rotten to the core. They only vote because they view it as a small form of empowerment.
As I mentioned before, my hope is that middle class white democrats will have woke up and feel the pain, knowing where it's source is.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2016, 03:54 PM   #34
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett
Unfortunately your average American isn't really concerned about what's coming down around them. Few are adequately informed and a huge portion are simply spoiled rotten to the core. They only vote because they view it as a small form of empowerment.
As I mentioned before, my hope is that middle class white democrats will have woke up and feel the pain, knowing where it's source is.
Ding!

I see a change to the dark side coming from the right. Deservedly so
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2016, 08:29 PM   #35
barn32
tmrpots

Quote:
I'm still holding out hope that people have more common sense than I give them credit for...
I wish I had the time and energy to go back and find it, but you said almost the exact same thing four years ago.

barn32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2016, 11:46 PM   #36
letswastemoney

I would easily support Obama over the incompetent Hillary. I don't want World War 3 with Russia.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2016, 12:51 AM   #37
NJ Stinks

Quote:
People do have more common sense and will prove it tomorrow.

The one thing the right loses with Hillary is the Supreme Court for awhile. Otherwise, I have no idea why you people think Hillary is going to do what her husband didn't. She moved left to compete with Saunders for Dem primary votes. That's in her rear view mirror now no matter what happens tomorrow.
Old 11-08-2016, 01:01 AM   #38
reckless
Veteran

Yes, we the people, have more common sense then given credit for and it will be proven today with the election of Donald J. Trump to the Presidency of these Unite States of America.

And Trump will also carry the very undeserving Republican Party to record gains in the House and another majority in the US Senate.

Americans are taking their country back and it starts today, Election Day.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2016, 01:06 AM   #39
nearco

You guys are going to be so rich off this election.
4/1 on a certainty, in a two horse race, that is PRINTING YOUR OWN MONEY.

How much do you guys have on Trump? I'd say you guys have gone in balls deep, going on the confidence of your posts.

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/...on-2016/winner
nearco is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2016, 01:57 AM   #40
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
She moved left to compete with Saunders for Dem primary votes. That's in her rear view mirror now no matter what happens tomorrow.
So she has no principles or values of her own, but is pandering to the crowd and is a chameleon doing whatever is required to obtain power? Let's pretend to move left to get the nomination, and then pretend to move toward the center to win the general election.

At the more basic levels of human interaction, that is commonly referred to as prostitution. So when if ever does the real Hillary emerge, and honor us with the knowledge of what she really believes in, if anything other than herself?
Old 11-08-2016, 02:39 AM   #41
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
So she has no principles or values of her own, but is pandering to the crowd and is a chameleon doing whatever is required to obtain power? Let's pretend to move left to get the nomination, and then pretend to move toward the center to win the general election.

At the more basic levels of human interaction, that is commonly referred to as prostitution. So when if ever does the real Hillary emerge, and honor us with the knowledge of what she really believes in, if anything other than herself?
If you asking me to defend Hillary, it ain't happening. The big reason Donny is not getting my vote is because the GOP are complete morons when it comes to government employees. In fact, the pathetic GOP won't be happy until every decent government job in the country is gone. Except for the government jobs that keep the GOP'ers safe, of course.

Yep, if your #1 goal in this country is to get rid of the remaining decent middle class jobs in this country, there is no better place to start than with government workers and government unions.

But don't worry, Middle America. The GOP is in your corner.
Old 11-08-2016, 11:32 AM   #42
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
The big reason Donny is not getting my vote is because the GOP are complete morons when it comes to government employees. In fact, the pathetic GOP won't be happy until every decent government job in the country is gone.
Nobody thinks that all government jobs should be eliminated. But a lot of people think that the government is too big and that there are way too many people working for the government, doing work that doesn't need to be done.

At last count, there are over 22 million people working for government in this country. That's about 10 million more than work in manufacturing. Can you say with a straight face that all 22 million of those employees are necessary and productive? Do you realize what a drain that is on the economy, and how many new jobs in the private sector could be created with those tax dollars?

PS What evidence have you seen in the last several decades of any serious GOP effort in Washington to eliminate government jobs?

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/tere...orkers-9977000
Old 11-08-2016, 11:46 AM   #43
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Government jobs are not value added.
Most are needless expense.
Old 11-08-2016, 12:02 PM   #44
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Government jobs are not value added.
Most are needless expense.
How many of those jobs involve federal bureaucrats writing pointless rules and regulations (like transgendered bathrooms) and state and local bureaucrats jumping through all the hoops to comply with them?
Old 11-08-2016, 12:10 PM   #45
nearco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
Nobody thinks that all government jobs should be eliminated. But a lot of people think that the government is too big and that there are way too many people working for the government, doing work that doesn't need to be done.

At last count, there are over 22 million people working for government in this country. That's about 10 million more than work in manufacturing. Can you say with a straight face that all 22 million of those employees are necessary and productive? Do you realize what a drain that is on the economy, and how many new jobs in the private sector could be created with those tax dollars?

PS What evidence have you seen in the last several decades of any serious GOP effort in Washington to eliminate government jobs?

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/tere...orkers-9977000
It's one of the lowest percentages in the industrialized world.
It's also the lowest it's been since WWII.

Ironically, the states with the highest percentage of govt workers are predominantly Red states.
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usato...?client=safari
nearco is offline   Reply With Quote Reply