Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-05-2016, 09:22 PM   #301
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Let's not get too carried away now....
Carried away - nothing!
I guess you guys aren't used to 1/2 million dollar Win pools. In Hong Kong they're 4X that on any given race.

Do you know what kind of money it takes to knock the odds down even 1 point with that size pool. I doubt Arrogate dropping to 8/5 was caused by bunch of $2 bettors!
Nitro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2016, 09:26 PM   #302
Alwaysonpoint36
loose on the lead

Quote:
Let's not get too carried away now....

I took a beating but damn this was great weekend of racing, Arrogate is the real deal, hope he keeps running at least another year

Last edited by Alwaysonpoint36; 11-05-2016 at 09:28 PM.
Alwaysonpoint36 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2016, 09:28 PM   #303
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro
Carried away - nothing!
I guess you guys aren't used to 1/2 million dollar Win pools. In Hong Kong they're 4X that on any given race.

Do you know what kind of money it takes to knock the odds down even 1 point with that size pool. I doubt Arrogate dropping to 8/5 was caused by bunch of $2 bettors!
Yeah, it's because Arrogate was an overlay and CC was an underlay and the last minute wise guys and computer betting teams knew it as much as I did when I posted Arrogate on my line at 7/5.

Stop with your ridiculous condescending retorts "oh I guess you're not used to multi million dollar win pools."

Look, you're talking to a guy who wrote programs to monitor, chart and analyze betting pools and try and create wagers based solely on the money and the action of the pools. I wasn't successful, but I've done it and I'm in your corner. I'm not a naysayer...so relax.

I believe you.

And the win pool was over $5 million last time I saw it, not half a million....
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2016, 09:44 PM   #304
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Quote:

Piss poor ride? Really? Could you have gotten an easier trip vs. Arrogate going all sorts of wide?

all i'm saying saying a 6 mill race i don't need my jockey looking back 3 separate times on a champion horse like hes a 10k claimer..with that pace..should of emptied the tank..if you listen to Victor after the race he admits he shit the bed
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2016, 09:49 PM   #305
Nitro

Quote:
Yeah, it's because Arrogate was an overlay and CC was an underlay and the last minute wise guys and computer betting teams knew it as much as I did when I posted Arrogate on my line at 7/5.

Stop with your ridiculous condescending retorts "oh I guess you're not used to multi million dollar win pools."

Look, you're talking to a guy who wrote programs to monitor, chart and analyze betting pools and try and create wagers based solely on the money and the action of the pools. I wasn't successful, but I've done it and I'm in your corner. I'm not a naysayer...so relax.

I believe you.

And the win pool was over $5 million last time I saw it, not half a million....
Yes you're correct, I meant to say that the pool opened at 1/2 million and that Arrogate opened at 2/1 and stayed there until 5 mins to post even with all the money pouring in on Chrome.

I didn't realize that you were a tote watcher. Good for you! You should go back to the drawing board, because it'll be well worth the effort!
Nitro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2016, 09:51 PM   #306
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by no breathalyzer
all i'm saying saying a 6 mill race i don't need my jockey looking back 3 separate times on a champion horse like hes a 10k claimer..with that pace..should of emptied the tank..if you listen to Victor after the race he admits he shit the bed
Emptied the tank when? On the backstretch in a 10 furlong race?

Chrome is not Game on Dude or Bayern type, he is a blaster. He blasts at the top of the stretch. Letting him go any faster than he needs to might compromise that blast.

He got beat today just like Shared Belief beat him, a horse good enough to withstand the cannon blast and keep coming.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2016, 10:10 PM   #307
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpCat
Was thinking the same thing too. To beat Chrome in only his 6th career start how good is Arrogate. Maybe at least people will stop the foolish talk about Chrome being better than Cigar.
Holy Bull needed a tow truck at the end of a 1 1/4 mile race. These two horses got the last quarter mile in 24 and change.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2016, 10:15 PM   #308
dilanesp

Quote:
PS. Taking NOTHING away from CC...that race just shows how AWESOME this horse is...

IMO, Arrogate should be HOY...
I agree Arrogate is HOTY.

I'm very sad that the modern sport values a couple of big performances over a 4 year long career, but that's how it works now. I love CC and, let's say, don't really love Arrogate. But Arrogate won the race and ran great.

I expect Arrogate to never run again, BTW. He has his breeding value.
Old 11-05-2016, 10:18 PM   #309
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp
Holy Bull needed a tow truck at the end of a 1 1/4 mile race. These two horses got the last quarter mile in 24 and change.
Context my man. Context.

Watch that Travers race again. Watch the rabbit that pushed Bull...what did he run that first six furlongs in? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttt??

And he still won...held off Concern who just sat WAY back off the wicked early pace...oh, and Concern goes on to win the BC Classic that year...

Yeah, Holy Bull was some half-rate lucky bastard...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2016, 10:20 PM   #310
nearco

Quote:

I expect Arrogate to never run again, BTW. He has his breeding value.
What would lead you to believe that?
They raced Frankel as 4yo, and they had every excuse to retire him after his 3yo season.

Btw, O'Rourke, the Juddmonte spokensman, said in a post race press conference that plans were to race Arrogate next year.

Last edited by nearco; 11-05-2016 at 10:22 PM.
nearco is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2016, 10:22 PM   #311
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearco
What would lead you to believe that?
They raced Frankel as 4yo, and they had every excuse to retire him after his 3yo season.

Btw, O'Rourke, the Juddmonte spokensman, said in a post race press conference that plans were to race him next year.
Oh fun. We get to look forward to, what, another 3 races?
Old 11-05-2016, 10:23 PM   #312
nearco

Damn, the cynicism is high in this one.
Old 11-05-2016, 10:24 PM   #313
dilanesp

Quote:
Context my man. Context.

Watch that Travers race again. Watch the rabbit that pushed Bull...what did he run that first six furlongs in? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttt??

And he still won...held off Concern who just sat WAY back off the wicked early pace...oh, and Concern goes on to win the BC Classic that year...

Yeah, Holy Bull was some half-rate lucky bastard...
He also ran in the Derby and couldn't get the 10 furlongs.

Other than the Travers, all of his big wins were at shorter sistances- Concern ONLY came that close at 1 1/4 miles because the Bull was less effective.
Old 11-05-2016, 10:26 PM   #314
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearco
Damn, the cynicism is high in this one.
Look how he campaigned in 2016.

You know Coburn had a point at the Belmont. Chrome's nemisises were all horses who ran a lot less than he did.
Old 11-05-2016, 10:30 PM   #315
nearco

Quote:
Look how he campaigned in 2016.

You know Coburn had a point at the Belmont. Chrome's nemisises were all horses who ran a lot less than he did.
He's a big slow developing 3yo. Still looks like a big baby out there. Makes sense that he was campaigned the way he was. Horses are individuals.