Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:28 AM   #391
Relwob Owner

28-45, 292 YDS, 4 TDS on the road in pressure filled playoff game. Yes, that last play was not his best decision but he was damn good.
Relwob Owner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2015, 10:47 AM   #392
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relwob Owner
28-45, 292 YDS, 4 TDS on the road in pressure filled playoff game. Yes, that last play was not his best decision but he was damn good.
Agreed, he's really good...if they score there though.....he's great, hall of fame material! The guy is way underrated. People were dissing him around here last week. How many big games does he have to play?
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2015, 10:48 AM   #393
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy
Agreed, he's really good...if they score there though.....he's great, hall of fame material! The guy is way underrated. People were dissing him around here last week. How many big games does he have to play?
I agree, and there is no doubt the Ravens organization and its fans are thrilled to have Joe Flacco as their quarterback.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2015, 10:49 AM   #394
Secondbest

Just looked up pats last few years. They win 8-9 games out of the division. But they almost never lose at home.They have a huge home field advantage.I know Baltimore nbeat them twice up there but the this better.However I think the Ravens could have won this.Bad decision at the end maybe they grind it to a score maybe not. Flacco did his job.The Ravens defense let them come back from 14 down twice.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2015, 10:53 AM   #395
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest
The pats play 10 games a year outside the division.Does anyone know what their record is overall outside it?

I know that Bill Bellichick has third highest win percentage in history, behind George Salas and Don Shula, and he is very close, .667 to .666. So his record against non division rivals has to be very good.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-02-2015, 10:04 AM   #396
cj's dad

Interesting Ratings

Joe rated #4 of the top 5 clutch QB's of all time.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/the...l-time.html/5/

Ravens ranked #1 in power rankings by SI going into preseason.

http://baltimore.suntimes.com/bal-sp...ts-illustrated

I know this stuff has little or no bearing on the regular season but it is nice to see the team and Joe get some respect for a change.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:52 PM   #397
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
The pats play 10 games a year outside the division.Does anyone know what their record is overall outside it?
Those 10 outside division games are 'easier' because of the 6 'freebies' they get every year. Its easy to stay a fresh football team when 6 out of 16 for a decade straight you have teams just roll over for you and not engage in physical and PERSONAL games. These physicality in those 6 freebies is nothing like what the Ravens n Steelers go through twice a year. The pounding adds up.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-02-2015, 05:18 PM   #398
Secondbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Those 10 outside division games are 'easier' because of the 6 'freebies' they get every year. Its easy to stay a fresh football team when 6 out of 16 for a decade straight you have teams just roll over for you and not engage in physical and PERSONAL games. These physicality in those 6 freebies is nothing like what the Ravens n Steelers go through twice a year. The pounding adds up.
Did you ever see a jets pats game? Rex always played the pats tough. I like thebilis against them both games this Year if they get any decent qb play.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:33 PM   #399
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Did you ever see a jets pats game? Rex always played the pats tough. I like thebilis against them both games this Year if they get any decent qb play.
Those were soft games, brady got knocked out by a guy on the chefs, the jets never layed a glove on him.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-02-2015, 06:23 PM   #400
Secondbest

They beat them up there in the playoffs one year.most of the games were close early on.even with Gino they hung in there but he' s not an NFL qb
Old 06-02-2015, 09:02 PM   #401
proximity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisontheBay

Ravens ranked #1 in power rankings by SI going into preseason.

http://baltimore.suntimes.com/bal-sp...ts-illustrated
in free agency the ravens lose jacoby jones, owen daniels, mcphee, ngata, and torrey smith. they pick up kyle arrington, matt schaub, and cassius vaughn and suddenly they're the best team in the league?

meanwhile the colts finish 4th last year, improve every position on the team except qb and te and mr king ranks them 11th?
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-02-2015, 10:20 PM   #402
cj's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by proximity
in free agency the ravens lose jacoby jones, owen daniels, mcphee, ngata, and torrey smith. they pick up kyle arrington, matt schaub, and cassius vaughn and suddenly they're the best team in the league?

meanwhile the colts finish 4th last year, improve every position on the team except qb and te and mr king ranks them 11th?
Only looking at what peter King posted. All teams are 32/1 when the season begins.

Last edited by cj's dad; 06-02-2015 at 10:26 PM.
cj's dad is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2015, 03:32 AM   #403
proximity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisontheBay
Only looking at what peter King posted. .
i guess he's an important man in sports writing, but Houston 28th? they basically ate Baltimore's lunch last year in what was essentially a playoff game. andre Johnson must be really good for them to ragdoll a team and fall 27 spots behind them!!

Denver may be 9th, but now ryan clady's hurt and they were probably done before that. when the colts beat them (again) it won't be an upset.

dallas 13th? they already have the best young line in the league and the free first round draft pick they got in la'el Collins will probably be the cherry on top on the sundae.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:09 AM   #404
burnsy
self medicated

Yesterday's debate on the Herd was if Joe Flacco was better than Peyton Manning now......its not even close. I had to laugh at one of the so called "analyst" on the radio....I think is was Trent Dilfer who said he would rather have Peyton. Are you kidding me? What games (throws) does this guys watch? It was a total "homer" statement. Peyton must be his friend or something. Colin said the same thing I said at Denver's lost SB appearance a year and a half ago. His arm is not NFL strong by the end of the season. He also pointed out the fact that Flacco has the strongest arm in the league and the best NFL playoff record of active quarterbacks. Denver is going to a "ball control" offense this year.....Gee, I wonder why? People were calling Colin "crazy" because he said Peyton should of retired.....I tend to agree....plus, he knows how to evaluate better than most of the slugs on ESPN when he says "take the emotion out of it" and really break down what you see....Me thinks he's bet a game or two.....because if you think Peyton Manning is a better QB than Joe Flacco (at this point).....I want to bet against you every week........that was a joke of a debate....Denver could not get first downs AT HOME vs. Indy, when it counted....Flacco had the SB champs on the ropes in New England and was one dropped pass from beating them. Yeah, I want Peyton........ He's a nice guy and all, smart too, but that only gets you so far in this league. If the arm is weak, they'll eat your sideline and outside stuff for lunch and that's what happened to him. Colin also pointed out Aaron Rodgers sideline passes, which look like missiles........Its time for more commercials and/or coaching.......

Last edited by burnsy; 07-24-2015 at 07:11 AM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2015, 09:55 AM   #405
proximity

maybe we should let flacco have ONE season where he throws for 30+ touchdowns OR breaks 4000 yards (yes, either one) before we talk about him in the same breath as peyton manning?