Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:57 PM   #256
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
Fantasy wise, he's probably not top 15. He'd be rated behind RG3 (who's number 1 YTD in many leagues), Vick, Newton, Stafford, Schaub and possibly Cutler in addition to Rivers or Romo. But its true, fantasy leagues should not be mixed up w/real life.

Do QB's get too much credit when they win and too much blame when they lose? No doubt. Flacco has had a strong defense during his years in Baltimore, and like a said about Rice, a stud RB. I don't think he's bad, or he sucks, as the thread title states. I don't think he's dumb either. I just think accuracy isn't his strongest suit. Can it get better? It probably won't.
I was just joking about the fantasy football.

Has the Ravens defense really been that great in recent years? I don't know about statistically, but I think they have been decent while not great.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #257
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I was just joking about the fantasy football.

Has the Ravens defense really been that great in recent years? I don't know about statistically, but I think they have been decent while not great.
Agreed on their D. Its aging a bit but they were still pretty strong last year. Ngata is a monster but they do miss Suggs. Lewis and Reed are still solid, but not at their best level. But the D is still good enough and with Rice, its up to Flacco if they can get to the next level. They know they can beat NE. But are they up handling Houston? Not much else in the AFC.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2012, 11:46 PM   #258
cj's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
Fantasy wise, he's probably not top 15. He'd be rated behind RG3 (who's number 1 YTD in many leagues), Vick, Newton, Stafford, Schaub and possibly Cutler in addition to Rivers or Romo. But its true, fantasy leagues should not be mixed up w/real life.

Do QB's get too much credit when they win and too much blame when they lose? No doubt. Flacco has had a strong defense during his years in Baltimore, and like a said about Rice, a stud RB. I don't think he's bad, or he sucks, as the thread title states. I don't think he's dumb either. I just think accuracy isn't his strongest suit. Can it get better? It probably won't.
You are completely out of your mind. He lays passes in tight spots and has quite possibly the strongest arm in the league. Not in the top 10? .

If this guy had a strong O line he would be virtually unstoppable..

Go back to analyzing baseball.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:59 AM   #259
sandpit

I think it's hard to judge this season for the Ravens so far. They've had 3 home games at night, surely the best homefield advantage in all of sports. The NFL schedulers did them a huge favor. Cleveland played a helluva game considering what they were up against, especially when Cribbs went out.

As mediocre as the AFC is, Baltimore is a likely #1 or 2 seed for the playoffs, but it will be interesting to see how they do on the road at the Texans in a couple of weeks.
sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-15-2012, 08:33 AM   #260
Valuist

This may sound odd a day after San Fran and Houston get destroyed, and New England loses, but Baltimore has some issues. Ironically, they've now won 4 straight, but covered none of the 4. To Joe Public, that is meaningless. But they've won by margins of 1,2,3 and 7, so they underperformed expectations. After giving up 214 rush yards to KC, they give up 227 rush yards to Dallas, much of it w/out starter DeMarco Murray. We know they have some age on that defense, and it appears to becoming a problem in stopping the run. I can't remember the last time I saw a team win four straight but not cover any. I'm sure its happened before but no instances come to mind.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:46 AM   #261
cj's dad

This team now relies on it's offense to win games. Word is that Lewis and Lardarius Webb (one of the top corners in the league IMO) are out for the year.

Suggs due back after the bye week, which is the Oct. 28th.

This team was all out (and lucky) to beat KC and only a dropped TD pass by the Browns saved that game.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:54 AM   #262
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

I saw the Lewis injury...looks like he was off balance and that RB lowered his head and nailed him...shoulder?
At least Suggs looks like he will be back.

If Denver wins tonight there will be exactly TWO teams in the AFC over .500

Wow - talk about a wide open playoff scenario.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:10 AM   #263
cj's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
I saw the Lewis injury...looks like he was off balance and that RB lowered his head and nailed him...shoulder?
At least Suggs looks like he will be back.

If Denver wins tonight there will be exactly TWO teams in the AFC over .500

Wow - talk about a wide open playoff scenario.
Torn triceps. MRI today on Lewis and Webb.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:02 AM   #264
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj's dad
This team now relies on it's offense to win games. Word is that Lewis and Lardarius Webb (one of the top corners in the league IMO) are out for the year.

Suggs due back after the bye week, which is the Oct. 28th.

This team was all out (and lucky) to beat KC and only a dropped TD pass by the Browns saved that game.
You did mention that a week ago and also about the bad run D in KC. I was willing to overlook one bad game vs the run but now two terrible efforts in a row to stop the run. It doesn't get any easier as they get to go up against Arian Foster and the Texans in Houston. Hard to imagine the Texans coming out as flat again as they did last night.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:31 PM   #265
cj's dad

And now we have Ed Reed declaring that he has a torn labrium but will play, and that Hiloti Ngata is injured (ankle?) but will play.

Can you say "season over" ?
Old 11-25-2012, 09:40 PM   #266
cj's dad

Another weak effort by Joe. 7 Minutes left and down by 10- ravens win in OT.

What a horrible QB. Hoping that the ravens had Byron leftwich.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #267
JustRalph
Just another Facist

An 11 sack game?

5 for Flacco

6 for Rivers

Ray Rice gets 59 yds on a 3rd and 29? Wow!
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-25-2012, 10:27 PM   #268
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
Actually, he got about 29 and an inch on 4th and 29.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-25-2012, 11:02 PM   #269
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Actually, he got about 29 and an inch on 4th and 29.
I saw the play just a few minutes ago, that guy is incredible.

Small as hell. All muscle.
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #270
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
An 11 sack game?

5 for Flacco

6 for Rivers

What's Flacco thinking checking down to Rice on 4th (not 3rd) and 29?

Got bailed out by a great run by Rice.