Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-23-2009, 10:34 AM   #31
joanied

Location: Wyoming, near Yellowstone Park...born/raised in Brooklyn,NY
Thank you, Grits...
the replies I have gotten have made me feel so good inside...it's amazing.
Morgan's are great horses...my husbands Mom used to raise them, and Bo was one she bred...he was the last one.

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us"
Gandalf the Grey
joanied is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2009, 12:23 PM   #32
DanG
Easy Goer

Bo was fortunate to have known you Joan. All the best to you and your family over the holidays.
~ George Bernard Shaw
DanG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2009, 04:17 PM   #33
Driver8

So sorry for your loss joanied. I think we can all tell that Bo had a wonderful home and enjoyed a great life with you and your family. Always tough letting go, but the memories will endure...
Driver8 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2009, 05:18 PM   #34
Pell Mell
Veteran

Joanied;

As an old man in my twilight years I can tell you that there comes a time when all one has left is memories. My sweetest memories are of my dogs, every one of them as clear as sunlight.
There will come a time when Bo will be as real in your memory as he was in life. So fret not, there is more joy and comfort to yet come from him than you can imagine.
Pell Mell is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2009, 05:56 PM   #35
Donnie

Joanie--

First, very sorry about your loss. In our house, the loss of the animals is as tough as the loss of the family and friends. Sounds likewise in your house.

Second....

Quote:
He'll be missed...my other horses have been calling all day, and that makes us even sadder. We loved the old boy, and I am hurting.
One thing we started doing a while back...after having to make the decision concerning our "loved ones", we returned home with them wrapped in a blanket. We gathered the other animals around so they could "sniff" that their companion has passed. It really has made a difference in helping the other animals realize their friend has passed. The others will miss Bo as well!

Try to have a Merry Christmas besides....my father passed away 4 days before Christmas 15 years ago. The 21st is always the toughest day of the year for me...still. But I get bac in the spirit 'cause that is what he would expect!

Thoughts and Prayers!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2009, 06:02 PM   #36
exiles
Veteran

Sorry for your loss Joanied , i feel for you.
exiles is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2009, 08:07 PM   #37
joanied

Thank you...one and all
I wasn't sure I should post Bo's passing...just kinda felt it might make me feel better to acknowledge it, so to speak...and the out pouring of kind words here has been unreal...I can't even find the right words to express to all of you, how touched I am...

we all just seem to love animals so much...and that is a wonderful thing.

Pell Mell...your post was poetic...thank you...words of wisdom...I have had so many incredible animals in my life...and every one that has passed, has given me memories that will last all the rest of my life...and I have no doubt, all of us feel that same way. They are members of family and the love we feel for them can be overwhelming...and when they leave us...the pain is overwhelming.

Donnie...we kinda do that too...we have a 'pet cemetary' on the farm, so our animals have a funeral...and every one has a marker and something special on their graves...it does give everyone a sense of 'closure'.

We will cherish the memories we have of him...like the one brought to mind by rokitman...who posted a video of the horse that lives in his owners house and rides in his car...it brought to mind the time we found Bo standing in the back of a old pickup truck I had to leave in the field

Let's all remember our beloved pets and all the wonderful race horses that have given their lives...the joy they bring to us is a gift, and it's obvious from all your kind words, that each of us has felt the pain of loosing an animal...and the happiness they give to us...everyday.

God Bless the animals...and Merry Christmas to all.

Gandalf the Grey
Old 12-23-2009, 08:39 PM   #38
megahertz

sorry for your loss joanied
megahertz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2009, 08:41 PM   #39
toussaud

sorry for your loss

I had an siberian husky I had since I was 12 and he died last year. tore me up to no end.
toussaud is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2009, 09:07 PM   #40
matthewsiv

Cool

Joanied

It never gets any easier when you lose those you love.

You should feel great pride that he lived so long and was so well taken care of by you and your husband.

It is sadder as your mother in law bred him.

But maybe now is the time for you and your husband to start breeding morgans again.

I have lost many horses over the years but
I will tell you that the memories always live in the heart.

God bless you and your husband.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:09 PM   #41
maxwell

Joanie,

You compressed Bo's long life into one important short sentence : He lived a wonderful life ... had the best of everything.
maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2009, 04:41 AM   #42
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Joanie...I'm so sorry to hear of Bo's passing...as a horse lover and owner myself, I feel your sorrow...may your grief be swiftly replaced by the wonderful memories of the times you two shared together.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2009, 01:24 PM   #43
Nets

So sorry Joanie.

Reading your posts, it is obvious the extraordinary love and affection you have for these magnificent animals. I imagine Bo could not have had a better life. God bless you and your husband. And may you both have a wonderful holiday and joyous New Year.

Gary
Nets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2009, 01:57 PM   #44
joanied

Thank you again...all of you...my heart has been touched.

mathewsiv... It was my mother in law that bred the Morgan's...I used to breed Appendix QH's...my mares are TB's, and bred them to QH stallions...and if I do say so myself...I bred some outstanding babies ...I had a web site, and used it to sell the foals...I was never able to set myself up so I could keep the babies until they were yearlings...so all my foals were sold as weanlings...and they are all over the country, including Canada...got top dollar for them too .
But, I retired the mares a few years ago...I'm no spring chicken anymore, and it got to the point that it was getting hard for me to spend so much time (and work hard) with the horses, and still do all I have to do on our farm...and the mares were getting to the age that I didn't feel comfortable getting more babies out of them anyway...
I had a great run...my business name was 'Foolish Dream Farm'...named for Foolish Pleasure (if not for him, I never would have had my mares)...and the foolish dream I had that Foolish Pleasure made come true. (it's a long story)...

Bo did play a part in Foolish Dream Farm, though...he was a 'proud cut' gelding...and I was able to use him to tease the mares...he enjoyed it ...

THANKS TO EVERYONE...ALL THE REPLIES, ALL YOUR KIND WORDS, DID MAKE THE PAIN EASIER TO DEAL WITH.

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM ME AND ALL THE CRITTERS

Gandalf the Grey
Old 12-24-2009, 05:14 PM   #45
lilmegahertz

How sad to lose a loved one. You gave him a great life , one filled with love and security. Losing a furrie is losing a family member. Many condolensces....
A Prayer for Animals. Hear our humble prayer, O God, for our friends, the animals, especially for animals who are suffering; for any that are hunted or lost or deserted or frightened or hungry; for all that must be put to death. We entreat for them Thy mercy and pity, and for those who deal with them we ask a heart of compassion, and gentle hands and kindly words. Make us ourselves to be true friends to animals and so to share the blessings of the merciful. ~ Albert Sweitzer
lilmegahertz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply