Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-29-2020, 05:47 PM   #1
Afleet

Win Win Win

He # was almost off the screen on trackus after the first few furlongs he was so far behind-thought he was pulled up or hurt. That was freaking incredible
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-30-2020, 09:24 AM   #2
classhandicapper

There's a post of mine from last year where I was banging the drums on this horse being better than he looked on paper. IMO, he ran well going long in both the Bluegrass and Preakness losing ground against the grain. Sometimes it takes awhile for a horse to get the opportunity to prove it. This race has sort of solidified the view that he's better as a closing sprinter. He probably is, but he's better than he looks going long too.
Old 08-30-2020, 09:33 AM   #3
jimmyb

Matt Carothers was all over this horse yesterday so I put a couple of bucks on him.. When I saw how far behind he was I cursed him. Unreal finish.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-30-2020, 11:39 AM   #4
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
There's a post of mine from last year where I was banging the drums on this horse being better than he looked on paper. IMO, he ran well going long in both the Bluegrass and Preakness losing ground against the grain. Sometimes it takes awhile for a horse to get the opportunity to prove it. This race has sort of solidified the view that he's better as a closing sprinter. He probably is, but he's better than he looks going long too.
I agree. I always liked him and thought he was underrated. Seven furlongs to a mile should be right up his alley
Old 08-30-2020, 11:43 AM   #5
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Matt Carothers was all over this horse yesterday so I put a couple of bucks on him.. When I saw how far behind he was I cursed him. Unreal finish.
I was speechless at the start. Couldn't believe how wrong I was-figured he wasn't handling the track. Then on the turn I see him coming and JJ said the hell w/saving ground and went 7-8 wide that when I knew he had a chance
Old 08-31-2020, 10:31 AM   #6
Hoops McCann

amazing race
Hoops McCann is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2020, 12:48 PM   #7
Racetrack Playa
regular user

The Outstanding Win Win Win

I had to watch it again again again
True Timber ran a banger as well
Old 09-01-2020, 02:24 PM   #8
bks

Nothing against Imbriale, but that race is why Trevor Denman was so good. He'd have identified him moving on the turn. It's a risk calling horses on the come, but when it pays off, wow.
bks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2020, 07:28 PM   #9
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bks View Post
Nothing against Imbriale, but that race is why Trevor Denman was so good. He'd have identified him moving on the turn. It's a risk calling horses on the come, but when it pays off, wow.
This is ridiculous. First of all, when was the last time Trevor even called a race in a driving rainstorm? When was the last time he did it in an 11 horse field? It's not even really clear that horse was making a big move on the turn.

Find a better race to take a "nothing against Imbriale" shot.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2020, 03:12 PM   #10
bks

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
This is ridiculous. First of all, when was the last time Trevor even called a race in a driving rainstorm? When was the last time he did it in an 11 horse field? It's not even really clear that horse was making a big move on the turn.

You know, Andy, I was going to make a comment about how good it is to see you are still posting careful, unemotional defenses of co-workers that no one was even criticizing that harshly, but re-reading my post I see it was ungenerous to Imbriale. He's really good and I like his work. In this instance he picked up WWW a little late in that race, but I did not mean to diminish him by comparison to Denman, who after his time at Laurel and Pimlico did in fact work in much better weather conditions than NYRA race callers often have to.
bks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2020, 07:57 AM   #11
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post

Two calls for the entire race!

It wasn’t his best effort, I am sure you will agree.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2020, 10:05 PM   #12
Afleet

retired w/a tendon injury-that sucks. I always thought he was top class but was running at the wrong distances/surface