Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 05-31-2011, 03:27 PM   #16
melman

JimG "the Southern Gentleman" yes I have FIOS for MLB.TV and the HD reception is just fantastic. Doing just fine with the buggies as per usual. Try the 5 in R10 at Monticello today Jim. He's 6-1 on the line but as to off odds who knows. Hope to hear of even more scores for you in tournament handicapping Jim. Go Rays, Go Phils. BTW I agree that AL East is one tough nut to crack. In our divison it's just two teams that can bother you. In the AL East it's all of them. Even the O's are playing better baseball.
melman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2011, 04:54 PM   #17
toetoe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG

On another topic; you have probably read this but in case not. John Cleese wrote a piece on Terrorism that was priceless. I hope everyone laughs half as much as I did.

(Disclaimer: For the political mavens among you…I’m not endorsing the web site the link is from; it’s just the page that was sent to me.)

http://freeourpress.info/freedom_of_...-on-terrorism/

Thanks, DG. This guy has a future in comedy.
toetoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2011, 07:48 PM   #18
Shemp Howard
Refugee from Bowie

Someone told me they saw him having "Breakfast at Tiffany's" the other day.
Shemp Howard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2011, 02:48 PM   #19
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by slew101
George Peppard passed away years ago.
Let's hope that our banacek is still above the grass.
From his posts I suspect that he is in his mid-forties, so his disappearance from posting seems unusual.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-02-2011, 10:40 AM   #20
DanG
Easy Goer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
If you don't wish to state so publicly, please send me a PM and give me a little detail into all these other reasons. I'd appreciate it...
It’s nothing dramatic Mike. It’s more a reflection on myself then on the board. There are plenty of great people here to share thoughts with and I never expected a public forum to be without people I didn’t care for. I have many irons in the fire lately and I needed to weed something out that was consuming time.

I have a hard time doing things in moderation; 25 hours a day playing sports as a kid, 25 hours a day studying music composition as a teenager and a lifetime gambling on horses. When someone asks a question I have a hard time with an economical / semi-thoughtful answer or the condescending…”good luck with that” that too many fall back on.

Quick story and I’ll be on my way…I’m in a couple pick-4 groups and I was asked to work up some DB studies a while back. Someone asked me for some queries on the board and they took longer to run then I expected. I spent the majority of the morning trying to fill this request and was late with the data that I rely on for support. Now; if that comes off as resentful; I don’t mean it to be. It’s strictly a reflection on me and my inability to prioritize my life.

Overall; clearly a great board and I’ll always appreciate the way I was treated by yourself and the time you took with the day-trading materials you sent.

BTW: Great to hear from you Melman. Your Phil’s are on a collision course with the post season once again. They are the epitome of a veteran / pro team in that they rarely let inferior clubs beat them. Even for someone raised a Met fan and now for the Rays they are always impressive to watch.

Enjoy the season!
~ George Bernard Shaw
DanG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: