Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 03-26-2011, 04:15 PM   #1
Dave Schwartz

Where's Banacek?

Where is Banacek?

He's not posted since 2/28/11 according to the search.

Anyone know anything about it?

Dave
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2011, 05:17 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

No clue.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2011, 05:47 PM   #3
Greyfox

The "Kamloops Kid" doesn't post often, but when he does the posts are wise.
Hoping you're okay banacek.

Greyfox
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2011, 07:11 PM   #4
jeebus1083

What about Michael "Suff" Dudley? It's been a few years... Does anyone know?
jeebus1083 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2011, 09:26 PM   #5
jeebus1083

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebus1083
What about Michael "Suff" Dudley? It's been a few years... Does anyone know?
Nevermind... found my answer in another thread. My bad.
jeebus1083 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2011, 04:28 PM   #6
trying2win

Speaking of the 'WHATEVER HAPPENED TO' Dept....Whatever happened to the BOOMMAN, Greg 'Boomer' Wry? I haven't seen him post here for awhile. Hope he is okay.

T2W
trying2win is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2011, 01:35 PM   #7
TimesTheyRAChangin
Fast Women & Slow Horses!

Just off the top of my head,but......
markgoldie?
DanG?
TimesTheyRAChangin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2011, 01:50 PM   #8
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

DanG couldn't accept that some people here didn't regard Zenyatta as highly as he thought we should have, so he left.

All the other contentious topics over the last 10+ years he was cool with, but this one, apparently, was the last straw...

There are probably a few more like DanG who left over the Zenyatta debates...very odd if you ask me...thread titles are usually pretty clearly marked around here...

I'm sure he will differ with my opinion on why he left, and that's fine. We all have opinions.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:07 PM   #9
Greyfox

I'm going to repeat Dave's question:

"Banacek" - anyone know how he's doing??
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2011, 11:17 PM   #10
slew101

George Peppard passed away years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
I'm going to repeat Dave's question:

"Banacek" - anyone know how he's doing??
slew101 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2011, 02:05 PM   #11
DanG
Easy Goer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
DanG couldn't accept that some people here didn't regard Zenyatta as highly as he thought we should have, so he left.

All the other contentious topics over the last 10+ years he was cool with, but this one, apparently, was the last straw...

There are probably a few more like DanG who left over the Zenyatta debates...very odd if you ask me...thread titles are usually pretty clearly marked around here...

I'm sure he will differ with my opinion on why he left, and that's fine. We all have opinions.
Do you mind if I borrow that reason Mike? It’s so much more economical then the several I use.

On another topic; you have probably read this but in case not. John Cleese wrote a piece on Terrorism that was priceless. I hope everyone laughs half as much as I did.

(Disclaimer: For the political mavens among you…I’m not endorsing the web site the link is from; it’s just the page that was sent to me.)

http://freeourpress.info/freedom_of_...-on-terrorism/
~ George Bernard Shaw
DanG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2011, 02:28 PM   #12
parlay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG
Do you mind if I borrow that reason Mike? It’s so much more economical then the several I use.

On another topic; you have probably read this but in case not. John Cleese wrote a piece on Terrorism that was priceless. I hope everyone laughs half as much as I did.

(Disclaimer: For the political mavens among you…I’m not endorsing the web site the link is from; it’s just the page that was sent to me.)

Thanks for the laugh!
parlay is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2011, 02:48 PM   #13
melman

Hey DanG welcome back. I really enjoy your posts. We had some fun posts during the Phils/Ray WS. Hope to see that combo again this year. I have MLB.TV and have seen a lot of the Rays this year. I think Madden does a great job with the talent that he has. Putting Evan in the leadoff spot I hope perks him up. He is IMO the key to just how well the Rays season will go. Up here in Philly of course Doc is "the man" but I really enjoy watching Cliff Lee. It's just so easy to see how muich he likes playing the game. One of his reasons for signing up with the Phils was that he gets to hit in the NL. He keeps telling the media how he is working on his stroke. He is a BP maven hitting lots of bombs. In his last start he smoked a double to the deepest part of CF. Then his next AB a very well hit single to CF. A three ribbie game for him. Plus he stole a base. Plus he made a great baserunning move to take third base on a groundball the the third baseman. This Matt Joyce of the Rays is having one very impressive year so far. Hope he keeps it up.
melman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2011, 03:07 PM   #14
JimG

Quote:
Originally Posted by melman
Hey DanG welcome back. I really enjoy your posts. We had some fun posts during the Phils/Ray WS. Hope to see that combo again this year. I have MLB.TV and have seen a lot of the Rays this year. I think Madden does a great job with the talent that he has. Putting Evan in the leadoff spot I hope perks him up. He is IMO the key to just how well the Rays season will go. Up here in Philly of course Doc is "the man" but I really enjoy watching Cliff Lee. It's just so easy to see how muich he likes playing the game. One of his reasons for signing up with the Phils was that he gets to hit in the NL. He keeps telling the media how he is working on his stroke. He is a BP maven hitting lots of bombs. In his last start he smoked a double to the deepest part of CF. Then his next AB a very well hit single to CF. A three ribbie game for him. Plus he stole a base. Plus he made a great baserunning move to take third base on a groundball the the third baseman. This Matt Joyce of the Rays is having one very impressive year so far. Hope he keeps it up.
Hey Melman,

Longoria will be fine. Tampa is an amazing club considering some of the talent they got rid of and the kids that have more than taken up the slack. It is a tough division but hopefully they will continue to play well.

I also have MLB.tv I get to see all the Rays games here in VA. BTW, the display on my iPad is breathtaking for that app. Well worth the price for me. Hope the buggies are going well. Say hello to JoeG for me.

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2011, 03:08 PM   #15
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG

If you don't wish to state so publicly, please send me a PM and give me a little detail into all these other reasons. I'd appreciate it...