Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:34 PM   #46
BlueShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
remember a few years ago when Obama said that he's not a dictator and therefore could not act unilaterally on immigration, or when he was a senator and said that this type of amnesty would harm American workers?
Good times...good times.
"Hear Ye, Hear Ye! All bow down. Presenting his Royal Highness, His Majesty King Barack The First."
Old 11-19-2014, 03:14 PM   #47
classhandicapper

I like this new twist he's adding to make it politically more tolerable. Supposedly they won't get subsidies under Obamacare (like most of them are actually going to buy health insurance). Give me a break.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:43 PM   #48
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
A prime argument for term limits and a mandatory retirement age. The man is senile.
Prime argument for abortion.
Apparently,not all fetuses become humans - some become turds.

This POS has to go down in history as one of the worst Senators in history.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:47 PM   #49
Marshall Bennett

I've kept silent on this subject here till now, and I won't say much. The subject reeks of stinkin politics.
Until the borders are secure, what difference does it make whether the millions already here are granted amnesty or not? They'll still be here one way or another. We don't have the resources to round up millions of undocumented individuals, of which a large portion will hide, and send them home.
Personally I don't give a f**k what Obama does tomorrow. It won't make any difference except on each sides of party lines where more anger will surface.
Each side has been using immigration as a tool to fight each other for decades now instead of directing their energy towards securing our borders.
So let the chips fall where they may. I for one, really don't give a damn.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2014, 03:49 PM   #50
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
This POS has to go down in history as one of the worst Senators in history.
Don't know Tom. Recall that the democrats also had Byrd, the top officer in his local KKK as senator for 40+ years.

... and Ted Kennedy

Last edited by tucker6; 11-19-2014 at 03:50 PM.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2014, 04:15 PM   #51
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
now you're trolling....... have a nice day
NOW?
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2014, 04:50 PM   #52
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett
I've kept silent on this subject here till now, and I won't say much. The subject reeks of stinkin politics.
Until the borders are secure, what difference does it make whether the millions already here are granted amnesty or not? They'll still be here one way or another. We don't have the resources to round up millions of undocumented individuals, of which a large portion will hide, and send them home.
Personally I don't give a f**k what Obama does tomorrow. It won't make any difference except on each sides of party lines where more anger will surface.
Each side has been using immigration as a tool to fight each other for decades now instead of directing their energy towards securing our borders.
So let the chips fall where they may. I for one, really don't give a damn.

You are right, but we all know where this going over the next 20 years or so.

1. Nothing will be done about the borders.

2. Millions more undereducated and underskilled people will be encouraged to come here putting further downward pressure on wages and greater strains on the already unfunded social safety net systems.

3. The left will grant them access to every single existing and new program they can dream up to both attract more of them and get their votes.

4. The medium term finances of the country will worsen and the politics will become more divisive.

5. Taxes will be raised sharply

6. The smart money will start looking for the exits

7. The left will want to put capital controls in place

8. All hell will start breaking loose

9. The dollar will fall sharply

10. Classhandicapper will post about it from Australia telling you all "I told you so" while drinking a beer he paid for with physical gold and starting a barbecue with worthless US paper money.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 11-19-2014 at 04:55 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2014, 04:58 PM   #53
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
NOW?
What are you talking about?
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2014, 05:29 PM   #54
Clocker

The administration announced today that POTUS will be speaking live from the White House at 8 PM ET on Thursday about his amnesty plan. NBC, CBS, and Fox have announced that they will not cover the speech. ABC has not yet said if they will or not.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:33 PM   #55
tucker6

Quote:
The administration announced today that POTUS will be speaking live from the White House at 8 PM ET on Thursday about his amnesty plan. NBC, CBS, and Fox have announced that they will not cover the speech. ABC has not yet said if they will or not.
MSNBC will be holding his jock strap just in case.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:34 PM   #56
tucker6

Quote:
Obama losing the last of his prestige. Next he'll announce through executive order a govt news channel so that he can speak to America without filter.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:02 PM   #57
Clocker

Obama reaches out to congressional leaders on amnesty.

From the Washington Post:

Quote:
President Obama has invited senior lawmakers to the White House for dinner Wednesday night so that he can explain his plans to use executive authority to change the nation’s immigration laws, according to several congressional aides.

Obama has invited Senate Majority Leader Harry M. Reid (D-Nev.), House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and the leaders of the congressional Asian, Black and Hispanic caucuses, said the aides, who were not authorized to speak publicly about the plans.

Obama did not invite GOP leaders to the meeting, according to aides.
Apparently the leader of the Caucasian Caucus was snubbed by the White House.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:24 PM   #58
TJDave

Quote:
Apparently the leader of the Caucasian Caucus was snubbed by the White House.
You're a funny guy.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:27 PM   #59
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan
The public likes the president a helluva lot more than it likes Congress.
That still isn't saying very much. It's like saying that Congress is at the bottom of the septic tank, while Barry is treading it. Either way both are pretty.....Well, I'll let your imagination run amok.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:38 PM   #60
BlueShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
You are right, but we all know where this going over the next 20 years or so.
8. All hell will start breaking loose.
Forget about Ferguson, whatever BO does, there may be some ugly reactions. Some of these Mojados are very arrogant, and may start pushing people around and spouting off about staying in "Their Country" and taking it back. If so, they are going to get pushed back hard. There are many Anglos that detest them and may resort to violence. Not all of them are skinhead types, many are just ordinary folks that deplore the damage unchecked illegal invasions have caused. Unless you live or have traveled in California or the Southwest and seen this for yourself, may not understand this attitude.