Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.
Old 01-19-2019, 11:13 PM   #616
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
two per cent GDP growth isn't growth

That will surely put you in line for the Nobel Prize for Economics this year.

Here is some really deep economic theory. If you have negative growth, and then you gradually attain 2% growth, the economy is improving. Also, you usually have to have 2% growth before you can have 3% growth.

Finally, the economy had been improving for some years before Trump took office. So he wasn't the prime mover in getting us to where we are today.

Feel free to ask for help if any of that is too complex a concept.
Old 01-19-2019, 11:15 PM   #617
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Maybe Trump should have spent more time on the campaign trail talking about those as opposed to the evil caravan. Might have done better...
Totally ignorant, as expected.

So, one more try: we have all these 100s of thousands of newly created manufacturing jobs in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Wisconsin, etc., since Trump's election, so tell us again why are these blue collar workers not going to vote for him in 2020?

Last edited by reckless; 01-19-2019 at 11:26 PM.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2019, 11:25 PM   #618
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post

That will surely put you in line for the Nobel Prize for Economics this year.

Here is some really deep economic theory. If you have negative growth, and then you gradually attain 2% growth, the economy is improving. Also, you usually have to have 2% growth before you can have 3% growth.

Finally, the economy had been improving for some years before Trump took office. So he wasn't the prime mover in getting us to where we are today.

Feel free to ask for help if any of that is too complex a concept.
So tell me.... starting from the 'worst recession since the Great Depression', said Obama.... since that very low threshold, GDP in Obama's economy averaged no better than 2 per cent per year for eight years.

Trump has created 4 million+ jobs already and the GDP has kissed 4 per cent already. In 2 1-2 years.

So, what's better? 2 per cent or 4 per cent?

You of all people, so wrong on just about everything you've posted, gets snarky with me with ass hole remarks like 'That will surely put you in line for the Noble Price for Economics this year'.

This is laughable coming from someone who can't even seem to add or know the difference between 2 per cent and 4 per cent.

Keep it up cluck.

Always wrong; never in doubt. (c)
Old 01-19-2019, 11:32 PM   #619
Clocker

Quote:
Trump has created 4 million+ jobs already

Wow, all by himself? I'm impressed. How did he do that? Inquiring minds want to know!
Old 01-19-2019, 11:36 PM   #620
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Totally ignorant, as expected.

So, one more try: we have all these 100s of thousands of newly created manufacturing jobs in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Wisconsin, etc., since Trump's election, so tell us again why these blue collar workers are not going to vote for him in 2020?
Perhaps because peoples voting decisions are based on more than one very very specific economic data point?

Old 01-19-2019, 11:39 PM   #621
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
He won't.

That's the really funny part. Democrats aren't taking this deal.

As far as compromise... he maybe should have led with this... Dick Nixon has a pretty good bead on this:

https://twitter.com/dick_nixon/statu...36315209662464

You guys are just Trump apologists at this point...
Could someone please tell ely that Richard Nixon died in 1994.
Old 01-20-2019, 12:13 AM   #622
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
I would assume tomorrow...
1--The longer this goes on the more Trump suffers. I get you think its hilarious I got the ending of this wrong but I thought the 2--President would at least be smart enough to know he's lost this battle.

I was wrong on that front. 3--He's dumber than I thought. You win.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Trump is losing all this support. He will buckle you've said. He'll lose in 2020.

Trump wants to secure the country against the desire and wishes of all the Democrats, half the GOP, the Koch brothers and 98 per cent of the Trump haters on here.

Trump wants a safe, secure, free and prosperous country. Can't say the same for the rest, who want wide open borders, cheap labor, cities, schools and hospitals bankrupt thanks to millions of sick, illiterate, uneducated illegals invading our country.

And then there is the epidemic drug problem and terror threat that we have. Trump seems to be the only one mentioning these threats; the others aren't, especially those that want open borders. They say there is no threat.

The real trouble for the Trump haters, common sense deniers and lunatics is that Trump has a mandated US Constitutional right and duty to secure the borders, protect US citizens and create safe, free and prosperous America. And the rest of them do not.

Finally, in response to the Trump criticism by PA-OT's resident idiot-savant:

1--The longer this shutdown lasts, the stronger Trump actually gets, especially among Hispanics.

2--How is Trump losing again? In another ignorant analysis, you said Trump loses in 2020 because he won't win the states he won in 2016, such as Pennsylvania, Michigan, etc. Is that what you mean? Or will the country vote Trump out because the economy is great again? Or a wall is being built?? Or his economic and trade policies swell the Treasury with billions that didn't happen under Obama? Millions of citizens now working?

3--So, it truly doesn't matter that you think Trump is dumb. Who cares what you think? You should worry about how dumb you are, not Trump.
Old 01-20-2019, 12:28 AM   #623
MargieRose

I've gained a lot of respect for you, Reckless...stay the course!
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2019, 12:50 AM   #624
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Wow, all by himself? I'm impressed. How did he do that? Inquiring minds want to know!
Since you said Trump could not even do the things he said that he campaigned on, then it doesn't matter if he did it all by himself or not.

Under Obama, did the Obama policies/economy create 4 million jobs in his 8 years? No.

So, despite your expertise, four million jobs have been created in 2 1-2 years during Trump's presidency.

Who cares if that success impresses you or not. You've proven to us how little you really know.
Old 01-20-2019, 12:51 AM   #625
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
I've gained a lot of respect for you, Reckless...stay the course!
Thank you Margie.
Old 01-20-2019, 03:43 AM   #626
fast4522

Quote:
Since you said Trump could not even do the things he said that he campaigned on, then it doesn't matter if he did it all by himself or not.

Under Obama, did the Obama policies/economy create 4 million jobs in his 8 years? No.

So, despite your expertise, four million jobs have been created in 2 1-2 years during Trump's presidency.

Who cares if that success impresses you or not. You've proven to us how little you really know.

You have to understand the man, his family generates more money when everyone is using temp. services. With President Donald J. Trump, temp. agencys can't find people like at all, and forget about a placement fee because workers are finding jobs in droves directly. It is slim pickings for his family, and mortgage brokers are down 30% because people are now using online mortgage options instead of local brokers. In short President Donald J. Trumps's policys are crushing them. He has plenty of reason to hate, don't expect him to know anything about having greater personal mobility in the job marketplace. He is dead against it and prefers when workers have fewer options with jobs. The great part is the many are more important than the few. Go Trump go.

Last edited by fast4522; 01-20-2019 at 03:46 AM.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2019, 06:43 AM   #627
tucker6

Quote:
Criticizing people who support bad policy by Trump is not branding them personally, it is pointing out that they don't understand the issues. I have never called anyone stupid for supporting Trump. I have called them uninformed.
That's strictly your opinion which I find uninformed quite a bit of the time. The difference between us is that I'm not as consumed by a need to let everyone know that I'm non-conforming. Some day I hope you and Ely become business owners with responsibilities beyond just having a job. Then you'll see the difference between a policy opinion sterilized by academia and the real world.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2019, 07:32 AM   #628
davew

new voices in democrat party => Ilhan Omar from Minnesota

Lindsay Graham is compromised. she knows because the evidence is present to us … opinion based on what is visible to her … may Allah awake the people and see the evil doings of Israel … how could this be offensive to Jewish Americans?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2019, 08:01 AM   #629
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
All those in favor of Open Borders please stand up!
"I see no one standing."
Old 01-20-2019, 08:09 AM   #630
woodtoo

Quote:
Heard he stole Obama's magic wand pushed the 'on' button and
"voila" jobs!"